What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

Z1 male
picture.php

Got this guy isolated and waiting for the pollen to start falling.

Z2
picture.php

Seems to be done stretching and didn't get too huge. A couple leaves got curled but not badly like the PHM's did last time.

PCK
picture.php

Chopped this one today, just shy of 8 weeks. It is fully seeded. I've got 50 or so without even trying. Probably another hundred in the buds. After I sprayed it with spinosad for mites it got a little fried. Some of the plants seem to be more sensitive to it than others.

Afghani
picture.php

11 weeks and still going. This one has a few seeds from the PCK male.

BK x HP
picture.php

Topped her this week.

The mites are still hanging around, not bad but I haven't completely got rid of them yet. I found some thrips as well so the struggle continues.

Z2
picture.php

Nice vigorous plant. I started giving it some light high P seabird guano.

PHM1
picture.php

Looking much better than the first run.

Afghani
picture.php

Harvested this one finally. Didn't see any more seeds on it guessing there are a few more hiding in there. It would be a miracle if there was only one seed on the whole plant. Very sticky.

Critical Jack
picture.php

Hit this one with some of the Zamaldelica pollen. I haven't decided what else I'm going to try it out on yet.

Panama and Apollo 11 are the next to go into flower as soon as I get good clones off of them.

BKHP
picture.php

Starting to grow little quicker now after getting topped.

PHM1
picture.php

Looking good other than the yellow fan leaves.

CJ
picture.php
picture.php

Getting pretty frosty now, I'm not sure if the Zamaldelica pollen worked or not yet.

HGK
picture.php

Same story with this one. Pollinated with PCK but can't tell if it's making seeds yet.

The one Nepal Jam I have going is looking like a male.

The Panama I've been growing got repotted. It was still burning the new growth a little so I figured I'd give it some of the new weaker soil.

Still spraying neem and spinosad on everything every few days. I'm not seeing any mites just eggs now.

Think I'll try popping a few Tikals next.

PHM2
picture.php

The first clone I got from this plant died along with the Panama. They both didn't recover from whatever fried some of my plants a while back. I took a bunch of cuttings from it before it croaked. So luckily I can grow it out again. Bummed about the Panama. It just kept putting out burnt leaves so I tried repotting it and after that it went downhill fast.

Everything is looking good now though, so I think I have the soil at a good mix for the indicas and sativas to both handle it, we'll see.

BKHP
picture.php

Started training this one now. I'm going to try and let it get big before flowering. I've been growing pretty small plants for a while now and I'm ready to try a nice bush.

1x3 clone
picture.php

She's gotten big enough to take cuttings from. I liked the way the original one came out. It didn't smell as nice as the mother, but I want to give it another shot. I'll at least make some seed with it. I haven't put much thought into what I'm mixing with what so far. I planned to mix the PCK and Holy grail kush, because I liked the name Holy Chitral Kush.

I like playing the seed lottery. Some of the best plants I've grown I have no idea what they were because they were given to me by people or came in a bag.

Z2 clone
picture.php

I tried a new setup for the cuttings and it seems to be working pretty well. I did some azalea cuttings in playground sand a few years ago they took really well. So I figured I'd give it a shot with the weed. I had some stone cat litter/oil spill clean up, that had been in a fish tank for gravel so I tried that in some clear cups so I could see the roots. I like it.

Got to smoke a decent amount of the PHM2 and AMS in a joint mixed. It was the highest I been in a little while, after a little period of abstinence. It was clear and racy. I got some work done in the garage finally. I think the sativas work kind of like a mild ritalin for me. They tend to help me get shit done around the house. The focus and self analysis they force me to do is motivating.

Time to make butter, I'm gonna try and smoke less and eat more, think.

Got two Tikal seedlings that I forgot to take pictures of going too.

Mites are under control, I'd say. I'll catch one every now and then, so I'm still spraying them once a week now. I've learned macro photography is also a good insecticide.

picture.php

Z2
picture.php

This plant is going to have a great yield for the size. It's just starting to get some resin at a little under 6 weeks flowering.

NJ male
picture.php

Nice looking male Nepal Jam should start dropping pollen pretty soon. I'll probably pollinate the Apollo 11 with it.

Apollo 11
picture.php

Been flowering for a bout a week now, super branchy plant.

1x3
picture.php

The burned leaves showed up over night. Not sure what's happened, but I found a decent amount of mites on closer inspection. Guess I jinxed myself on the last post. I trimmed a bunch of leaves off of her and sprayed everything in the veg tent down with spinosad yet again. I might pick up a new spray to try out.

mjlifestyle

Nice "little" project you got here, ODH :) I wish I had the option of being so diverse with my grow.

On the burned leafs you have on that clone - don't take my word for it, but could it be a K def? I had the same thing a while back, minus the spider mites, and I traced it back to a pH issue. The serrations started turning light green, curled up slightly and then all of a sudden they were yellow/brown and the leaves were compromised.

Thanks mj I've always just grown one or two random seeds in the past so this setup is still pretty new to me. I think your probably right on the pH problem. My water is pretty basic out of the tap so I add pH down to it at 1ml per gallon. That gets it to yellow with the ph test drops.

I'm working on streamlining things. I'd like to have 6 or 7 moms and then flower a couple bigger plants a time.

PHM2 clone

picture.php

Going to give this one at least another month veg.

PHM1 9 weeks

picture.php

HGK 8 weeks

picture.php

CJ 9 weeks

picture.php

At least another week on these two maybe two. Looks like the HGK cross with PCK didn't work. The pollen had been stored in the fridge for a couple weeks.

After going through the Afghani buds I only found a single seed from the PCK male. I've been mostly smoking the PHM2 and eating the 3x5 chocolate I made.

BKHP

picture.php

Close to putting this one into flower. Just waiting to get some roots on the cutting I took a few days ago. Got a little variegation happening.

Z2

picture.php

Not much smell, but great looking plant.

Z2 clone

picture.php

Took this cutting after I started flowering. Glad to see it's started revegging now.

HGK 9 weeks

picture.php

Super stinky plant. Very earthy. I took a little sample a few days ago and smoked it last night. Very stoney high. I also found a seed in the grinder so I guess my PCK cross did work at least once. The seed was a little cracked so I figured I'd try germinating it now. I'm gonna cut it tomorrow at 9 weeks.

Super Cheese

picture.php

I got this one as a freebie along with the HGK I won from Gorilla. I put it into flower to make some room in the veg tent. It's a nice looking hybrid with super tight nodes. If I get a male Tikal in time I'll probably try that cross out.

Zamaldelica
picture.php

CJ
picture.php

Took a sample of this one a few days ago and tested it out. Great smell and super sticky. I harvested this branch today and left some to mature a little longer. It's at 9 weeks now.

Apollo 11
picture.php

Pollenated this one with the Nepal Jam male I had a couple weeks ago. It's only been flowering for about three weeks.

picture.php

PHM1
picture.php

This plant is looking really nice. It's also at around 9 weeks.

The PCK x HGK seed sprouted and is in starter mix now. Holy Chitral Kush.

I lost a couple clones that I started in the gravel and had good roots when I transplanted them into soil. Gonna try leaving them in the humidity dome for a few days after transplant next time.

Got Guatemala, Nepal Jam and Orient Express fem to pick from for my next ACE offering after I sex a few plants.

BK x HP

picture.php

Probably a couple more weeks of veg on this one.

PHM1

picture.php

At about 10 weeks. I harvested 10 seeds from the cross with Zamaldelica. Really been enjoying the PHM smoke lately.

Tikal

picture.php

I have two of these going right now hoping for a male and a female.

Zamaldelica

picture.php

Found a seed on this one that's probably from the Nepal Jam male.

The Holy Chitral Kush seedling died, guess it wasn't ready or the trip through the grinder did some damage. Maybe I'll find another seed.

So far I've made:
PCK x PCK
Afghani x PCK
PHM1 x Zamaldelica
Critical Jack x Zamaldelica
Apollo 11 x Nepal Jam
Super Citrus Haze x Nepal Jam

The next male I'll have ready is a Jack O' Nesia from Karma. I still have a few more plants to try out before I start some of the crosses.

PHM1

picture.php

Looking close at 12 weeks from clone.

Guatemala

picture.php

Finally popped a couple of these.

A11

picture.php

Looking purty. Crossed this one the SCH and Zamaldelica with Nepal Jam.

SCH

picture.php

Super frosty already at 5 weeks.

Bubba Kush x Hash Plant got repotted and put into flower. PHM2 will probably be next in a couple weeks followed by the CJ clone and a Jack O Nesia. I've got enough ACE crosses now to play around with for a few years. Still need to try out Panama, Malawi x PCK, Congo and Kali China.

Tikal
picture.php

Should show sex pretty soon.

PHM1 13 week harvest
picture.php

Finished faster than I expected. Very frosty. I'll get some proper shots in a minute.
PHM2 clone is taking it's place in the tent.

Zamaldelica
picture.php

One fat cola on this one. I harvested some seeds from the Nepal Jam male that look good. I'm thinking it'll be done at about 13 weeks.

Jack o Nesia
picture.php

Got a male of this plant that I'm going to hit the Bubba Kush x Hashplant with.

Zamaldelica

picture.php
picture.php

I cut this one at 13 weeks. Smells pretty much like the purple haze Malawi. Nice woody aroma. I've smoked a couple samples but not enough to really comment other than it seems close to the phm also. Much better yield though. Looking forward to running the clone soon and maybe trying out the Nepal Jam cross I made in a month or so.

BK x HP clone

picture.php

This clone is starting to grow well now. The mom got hit with the Jack o Nesia pollen a few days ago and it's starting to develop some buds now.

A11

picture.php

Couple more days left on his one. Not the greatest yield, but great smelling fruit buds.

Tikal started showing some pistils and is looking great I'm excited to have a female finally.

I had to go out of town right after I popped the Guatemala seeds and they stretched pretty badly. One of them is looking rough after I transplanted it, but the other is doing fine.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the new harvest OlDirtyHuman :)

The Purple Haze Malawi looks indeed frosty, and the Zamaldelica is a great looking Zamal/Thai pheno!

Best wishes for the upcoming cycle with Tikal and Guatemala.

Big thanks dubi, really enjoy the Purple Haze Malawi smoke. I just put two more clones into flower. Also got the Bubba Kush x Hash Plant starting to bud.

picture.php

Tikal
picture.php

Just put this one into flower. It's in the biggest pot I've tried so far at 7 gal.

PHM2
picture.php

Put two of these together in a 5 gal. bucket. Not sure if I want to keep a cut of this one or pop some more seeds.

Guatemala
picture.php

I'm neglecting my seedlings lately. Lost one of these while I was transplant it. I like the looks of the one that made it though.

BK x HP

picture.php

Been flowering for a couple weeks now.

Super Cheese
picture.php

This plant is the farthest along after harvesting a few plants recently. It looks very sharp. Not a ton of resin yet though.

Trying out a couple of the Super Citrus Haze x Nepal Jam next. The SCH isn't citrusy at all, it's supposed to be a Super Lemon Haze reproduction. The one I grew came out with some nice dense buds and a super sweet candy smell. Also got a few of my 3x5's started too. I liked the one that I finished even though it had alot of issues.