What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

3x5 and PHM1
picture.php

These both got harvested early thanks to mites. I'm working on getting rid of them completely and these plants still had live bugs after some neem and spinosad treatments. Couldn't find any live ones in the flower tent today, but there are still a few eggs still on AMS and PHM2. Veg tent is good still. I picked up four clones from dispensaries and AMS is the only one to survive. I'm guessing it or one of the others brought the mites in initially. I moved some plants into the flower tent before I noticed them.

Had about an ounce each from both plants and made half pound of butter from each. The Purple Haze Malawi butter has become cookie-brownies. Really hope it went long enough to have some kick. It was about 15-16 weeks at harvest, but needed another month.

PCK1
picture.php

This is the most vigorous Of the regular PCK's I have and just found out it is female. PCK2 is a male and PCK3 got culled because it appeared to be a dwarf. I'm not sure if I want to collect pollen from the male yet, but I'm keeping him around for a while.

Also sexed Tikal and it is a male too. I like the structure on this one so I'm definitely going to try and get pollen from it. Probably try it out on the Panama I'm vegging right now.

Finally popped some new seeds too.

2 x Zamaldelica regs

2 x Apollo 11 f4's from Bodhi

PHM2
picture.php

Purple Haze Malawi #2 fared much better with mites than #1 and has also grown through the clawing from nitrogen surplus.

PHM2 Clone
picture.php

Looking forward to seeing how this plant does when grown a little better. I think the overfeeding pushed back the flowering time at least 2 or 3 weeks. It also seems to like the HPS light better than the CFL's. Going to let the clone veg for at least another month.

AMS
picture.php

I'm liking the way this one is looking. It recovered really well from mite damage and it's maturing very quickly. This is about 5 weeks flowering. Couldn't get a clone off of her, but I'd definitely like to keep this around til I can do a smoke test.

Zamaldelica
picture.php

This is one of the first ACE strains I read about on here. Didn't get any the first order I made and regretted it. Sprouted 2 regs. I used to use the wet paper towel method to start seeds. Now I just soak them in water for 24 hours and they are usually cracked open. Then I put them in Black Gold seed starter mix under a humidity dome with a cfl on 24 hrs. They were both above soil 4 days after soaking.

Got to smoke a pipeful of the 3x5 buds. Really nice. Great body high and up/energetic high. Nice hybrid buzz. Interested to see how it does without mites and overfeeding. I've got 50 or so more of these seeds.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Looking good bro. More then enough variety to keep you entertained ;). I have some apollo f4 going as well and they are VERY vigorous for an f4, should be a great addition to all your awsome ace gear! I'm also about to pop zamaladelica and pck so we will have quite similar rooms. Anyways- enjoy!

Thanks VK. I really like having so much variety in the tent.
Now that I've made a few mistakes with the long flowering sativas I think I can do better job with the current batch. Still need to get my soil dialed in a little better. The indicas are doing well but the sativas are still getting burnt a little. I added some top soil and perlite to the mix to cool it down and lighten it up some.

Last edited:
PCK1
picture.php

Starting to show some color already. Been wanting to grow a purple strain.

PCK2
picture.php

The male is a nice looking plant too. Not as vigorous as the female though.

1x3
picture.php

I'm liking the resin production so far at 3 weeks. This plant looks a lot likes it's mother. I'm unsure of the parents, but they were both pretty similar and might have been from the same strain. The mom had a great fruity smell and heavy indica stone.

Last edited:
Thanks gg, seeing some color on the male now too so I think I'll use him after all. I've got him and the Tikal male isolated in the old veg cabinet now so they don't pollinate anything by mistake.

Purple Haze x Malawi (18 weeks flowering)

picture.php

picture.php

I think she's pretty close to done now. Any harvest advice is welcome. I'm thinking a week or two.

Tikal

picture.php

Bad news for this guy. He won't be spreading his seed after all.

PCK

picture.php

picture.php

This is the prettiest plant I've grown without a doubt. If this were just an ornamental plant I'd grow it. She's been flowering for three weeks so far.

The PCK male is dropping pollen. I rubbed some off of the leaves and then put it on a couple lower buds of the 1x3.

Then I cut the plant and put it in water over a plate to catch the pollen.

1x3

picture.php

PHM2

picture.php
picture.php

Starting to see a little purple in the calyxes. Waiting for a few more hairs to go orange.

The PHM1 clone is in the flowering tent now since AMS got chopped.

I also popped a Bubba Kush x Hash Plant and a Nepal Jam to replace the one that got fried.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Nice collection ODH. Got a bunch of Ace gear myself that Im itching to pop.

I wonder if overwatering might be an issue in addition to nute (and possibly ph) levels. Youre right on about N being too high.
Some of your pots seem to be oversized in comparison to the plants that are in them. If its taking more than 3 (maybe 4) days to dry out, try bottom feeding. Let them dry then fill the saucers until no more is being sucked up and dump the excess.

Just a guess having been there, done that.

I think your grow is small enough that you might pick up a few tricks from Blynx's micro grow threads. Check him out. He does great work.

Thanks for the advice. All the new plants seem pretty healthy. I think my last plant frying incident was probably from ph. I had good water out of the tap at my old spot so still getting used to adding acid.

Added some sand to the soil mix so I'm hoping that helps with the drainage. I have slightly different mixes in each pot as I've tweaked things along the way. The Orient Express and the Nepal Jam that were burnt pretty badly had some dense soil so I assume.

PCK vs PHM
picture.php

Two ends of the ACE spectrum.

This is my Herbie's Afghani freebie.
picture.php

I've come close to getting rid of this plant a couple times, but can't bring myself to do it.

AMS
picture.php

Going to try and reveg this one. I found a mite on her so she got cut a little early. Very strong citrusy aroma.

Veg Tent
picture.php

This was right before I trimmed everything. The plant in the back middle got moved to flower. It's a Jack cross with a minty aroma.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
How long did the Afghani veg for? Probably got about a dozen of em - so Im glad to get a review.

About a month, it grew pretty slowly. I had a second one that grew even slower so I tossed it. It smells really nice like oranges, but the yield is going to be really small. If you are tight on space it might be a waste. I started them when I was having some germination issues as testers. I've read some other reviews of them and they aren't the greatest.

PHM2
picture.php

20 weeks, not quite ready. Got a clone from this one I'm letting get big.

PHM1 clone
picture.php

The clone from the ill fated PHM1 is in the flower tent now. The butter I made from the original was pretty weak. I'm expecting different results this time. I got a little glimpse of what kind of high this plant can produce, but definitely not the full effect.

PCK

picture.php

Well I wanted to pollinate this with the PCK male and I did. Unfortunately it was on accident, so pretty much the whole plant is seeded. Was hoping to just hit a branch or two, but I bumped the male while I was moving it out of the room and it released some pollen.

1x3
picture.php

Planned on doing the same thing with the parents of this plant and the male released its pollen while I was out of town. Looks pretty good at 6 weeks. The leaves have been slowly drying up from the probable ph issue that fried a bunch of plants.

Z2

picture.php

The regular Zamaldelicas are at about 3 weeks from sprouting. I put #2 into the flower tent just to make some room in the veg tent. Gonna let #1 get a little bigger.

PHM1
picture.php

Took her out for a little fresh air.

Bubba Kush x HP
picture.php

Nep Jam reg
picture.php

These two are the latest seeds to pop. So far so good.

Apollo 11
picture.php

Started this one with the Zamaldelicas. I put both of the Z's into flower and I'm waiting to see sex on them.

early_bird

Veteran
I really like you growing style, lot of different varities together in theese little containers. Guess you could harvest much more if you grow less but bigger plants. But you wouldn´t have so much to choose from.

Thanks early bird, I'm kind of in a search mode right now seeing what I like so I'm not vegging for very long. I've got the Purple Haze Malawi, AMS and 1x3 in jars now waiting for a smoke test. I'm taking a little smoke break currently to clear up for a possible new job. I've got enough buds now I should be able to actually let them cure before smoking them all.

Z2
picture.php

Got some pistils showing on Z2 now.

Panama
picture.php

Just about back to normal growth after the burn. I'm waiting to make sure my clones take before flowering this one. I think it's the green pheno.

PCK
picture.php

Almost 5 weeks flowering. Gave it some Tiger Bloom today 7.5 ml per gal.

Holy Grail Kush
picture.php

Gave this one some Tiger Bloom too. Just starting to flower. The cutting I took from this one isn't looking very good but I have more seeds so I'm not too concerned.

PCK 5 weeks flowering

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Cool plant.

HGK
picture.php

Gonna hit this with the PCK pollen in a couple weeks. It's a California OG Kush cross from DNA. I won these beans from Gorilla on here.

Z2
picture.php

Took this before repotting her into a 3 gallon pot.

AMS died. It had just started getting some new growth and I thought the reveg had worked and then a couple days later it bit the dust. I tried getting clones off of this one several times too and couldn't get them to root.

I took a late cutting from the 1x3 that was just a bud and it has started revegging.

Also smoked a little of the PHM2 and ran all the way up the hill for the first time.

PHM1 clone
picture.php

No leaf curl this time.

Nepal Jam
picture.php

The third try at NJ is looking pretty good so far.

Bubba Kush x Hash Plant
picture.php

Seen some nice shots of this one on here from buddler

1x3 clone
picture.php

This late clone has rooted well and is putting out new growth. Think I took this cutting around 6 weeks in flower.

Bubbler
picture.php

I've had maybe 50/50 success on clones so far. I've been using the seed starter mix and some powder root hormone in a propagation dome. I've been meaning to set up a little diy bubble cloner, so here it is. Some of the cuttings in there are old ones that hadn't rooted in the seed starter mix.