What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

So I got over my fear of looking up growing info online about a year ago and quickly found this forum. After spending some time here and reading about sativas I naturally ended up on the ACE sub and couldn't resist ordering some seeds. I'm a long time southern closet grower that's in Colorado now and I've got a little space in the basement to play with. I figure I'll post my ACE projects here.

PCK x KC is the first ACE plant I've finished. Just finished drying the other day. I grew it very small to finish it quickly. I've had a couple small samples, but not enough to give a smoke report yet.

I also have a couple Purple Haze Malawi's going that have been flowering for about 11 weeks.

The latest additions are...

Tikal reg.

Panama fem.

and 3 PCK regs.

I have been flowering under about 100 watts of CFL per plant, but just set up a 400w hps today.

I've got some ideas on a few crosses I'd like to try with the PCK's and Tikal if I get any males. They'll be the next plants to go into flower in a couple weeks. Panama is going to get a little longer to veg so I can try and get some cuttings off of it before flowering.

I've got a few other ACE strains on deck. Zamaldelica is next for sure and I'll probably run a couple more this year. I still have Bubba Kush x Hash Plant, Orient Express, Nepal Jam and Guatemala to try out plus more of everything I'm running except Panama.

Thanks to Dubi and all the Ace growers searching for wild highs.
Used up my images so you'll just have to imagine the tip hat smiley.

B

blue_tick

oldirtyhuman

looks good and welcome to ace. you are going to have fun with the line up you have.

peace

Thanks flboy from another flboy. Your Purple haze malawi's look great. Tried them out yet?

Here's the new veg tent.

picture.php

I was running out of room in the cabinet

She served me well for a while.

The 2x2x4 tent should be good enough to veg out 4 or 5 decent size plants and that's all I want to do right now. I've got 2 daylight 105w cfl's for lights in there. My plan is to harvest a plant every month or so. I like variety.

picture.php

I also grow non ACE plants that I'll probably only mention here if I'm using them to make a cross. This leafy beast I call 3x5 is up next for harvest.

It's a cross of two random seeds I grew last time around.

picture.php

and #5
picture.php

I was moving so I had to harvest #5 before she was ready. Definite energetic up high though.

I have about 50 of these left so I might pop one every now and then to see if there is anything interesting.

Holeshot

Welcome

Welcome

Hey Oldirtyhuman.Good luck with your new set up.You are on the right track with Ace. The leafy beast doesn't look to happy, clawed up.!!! Maybe too much fert , or too hot.!!

Panama

PCK

Tikal

All three are about 3 weeks old. Tikal is the most vigorous by far and looking very nice. Just topped it.

I cut some more buds off of the PCKKC and repotted it in a smaller pot and it looks pretty bad now. Probably shouldn't have messed with it. Oh well.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
oldirtyhuman, I like the #3 male you have. I look for the tight flower clusters in my males. Not that I know that much at all. I have read a lot of DJ Shorts articles and try to follow his breeding criteria. Welcome to ICMag! Over all many kind people at ICMag. Ace seeds has the kindest most knowledgeable people I've met in the forums. But then again you don't take on sativas without some experience under your belt. IMHO Peace

PHM 1

PHM2

Not sure how long these have to go. #2 looks like it could take a while still.

Thanks farmerlion here's another plant that came from the #3 male I'm running right now.

It's from this mother plant. #1

Took a clone of Purple Haze x Malawi 2 that rooted very easily in seed starter mix.

I've got 3 PCKs going these two look a little different. Same age. Nodes are super close together on the little one.

Here's an Orient Express fem.

Nepal Jam reg

I was going to start Zamaldelica next, but I changed my mind as usual. I lost some OE's and an NJ when I started my first round of seeds here so I figured I should give them a shot before trying something new.

This is Appalachian Mud Squid, not sure the exact genetics, but it is believed to be Bodhi's Silver Mountain (SSH x Appalachia). Got it as a clone from a dispensary in Denver. It had mites that I appear to have under control now. I've started using Neem oil on everything that's not flowering about once a week. Seems to be working. I've had a hard time taking a clone from this plant, but I think I have one that's going to make it in the bubbler. I picked up some colloidal silver that I'm going to try out on this one if I can get some clones.

B

blue_tick

olddirtyhuman

all looks good for you. i have tried my purple haze x malawi. at this point it is my favorite smokes and will be in my vault for a long time to come. i have plenty put away so might not put it out this season i have a few others i want to try and have not seen any reports on like congo x panama i also have the angola x i want to try all ace gear of coarse. i will be starting in a couple months. i will be amending my goods to cook awhile (30 day min)

peace

early_bird

Veteran
Wonderful work olDirtyHuman :tiphat:

I can recommend to try the Zamaldelica, it is a wonderful, positive high giving you a big grin in your face.

@flboy Nice to hear the Purple Haze x Malawi was a nice experience, can´t wait to see mine growing. Had you found a lot of different phenos in that strain ? Actually i popped 3 beans and hope to find a keeper :)

B

blue_tick

early bird

i had three and found them to be a little diff in all 3 but i have the reg. version so if you have the fem's you should find the keeper as all are good quality smoke just comes down to your liking.

peace

flboy that congo x panama sounds interesting haven't seen that one before. Congo is going to be in my next ACE order.

I took a little sample of the PHM1 at 14 weeks. It got me high. Really interesting buzz. I lost the pipe in my hand for a second. Very clear high though after that. Excited to see where this plant ends up. I'm thinking they are going to go 18-20 weeks.

PHM2 - 14 weeks
picture.php

Tikal
picture.php

This plant has some interesting branches. They come out almost perfectly horizontal. Should be showing sex pretty soon.

PCK1
picture.php

PCK3
picture.php

Very different sisters. PCK3 is looking alot like the PCKxKC both stayed very small and had yellow edges early in veg.

PCKxKC
picture.php

Repotted Orient Express fem and Nepal Jam reg and filled up the veg tent with some tomatoes. This will be my fourth year trying to grow a decent tomato plant.

gr8fulguitr

Great fun. Thanks for sharing. I have only grown the one Ace Seeds, PCKxKC. It was so strong and hardy. Almost to easy to grow. I enjoy it.

Thanks GG, finally got to smoke a decent amount of the PCKKC, put a nice smile on my face.

Panama

picture.php

PHM2 clone

picture.php

OE

picture.php

Holy Grail Kush

picture.php

Won this from Gorilla Seedbank on here.

Gonna try to make some PCK x Holy Grail Kush, Holy Chitral Kush?

AMS clone 4 weeks flowering
picture.php

PHM
picture.php
picture.php

PCKKC dried bud
picture.php

3x5 is at 12 weeks and needs at least one more.
Has kind of a rotten lemon smell
picture.php

I took 3x5 out of the tent and stuck her in a closet til next week. This plant had some issues with mites and nutrient burn. I plan on using 90% of it to make butter.

That made room for the PCK's
picture.php

Here's the whole flower tent. Two PHM's on the front left. The back row is 1x3, Herbies free Afghani (super strong orange scent), and AMS from left to right.
picture.php

Tikal is looking kind of kushy to me. Nice branching. Six weeks and not showing sex.
picture.php

PHM1 clone and Nepal Jam
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts