What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

Flower
picture.php

Back left - Zamaldelica
Back right - Bubba Hash x Jack O Nesia
center - Malawi
Front left - Mountain Temple
Front right - Chocolate Trip
2 little Old Timer's Haze in there too, I'm looking for a male.

Panama
picture.php

Let it go a little longer this time at 13 weeks.

Malawi clone
picture.php

Got the mom flowering right now. First time growing the straight up Malawi.

Lab Results
picture.php
picture.php

Finally settled on a cloning method. Just throw a couple cuttings in cups of water in a humidity dome with a little bulb on top.
When the roots get 5 or 6 inches long I put them into soil and leave them in the dome for a couple days.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking lovely! I’ve got some cuts in the cloner now, I’ll need to try the ol’ cup of water trick next. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the lovely ladies!

Wrapping up the first phase of the lab. Made a lot of seeds to play with for years to come. Big thanks to dubi for access to some amazing genetics.

After a few years out here in CO I've got a decent little set up to grow plenty for me and the misses and play around making some seeds.

I've been growing non stop for 5 years or so and I think I'm ready for a little break. I might try hot peppers for a while. I've got three plants I really like that I'll keep cuttings of for a rainy day. One of them is my Lemon Panama.

Panama
picture.php

Great yield, great taste, strong high.
Would love to grow this beauty outside someday.

Flower
picture.php

Right now I've got the Panama, Fast Malawi, Purple Zamaldelica and the fuzzy one in front is a an old cross I made from some unknown seeds.

Veg
picture.php

Panama, Chocolate Trip, Mountain Temple, Bubba Kush Hash Plant and a strawberry.

Fast Malawi
picture.php

Bubba Jack Hash
picture.php

Bubba Kush Hashplant x Jack O' Nesia

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OlDirtyHuman,

Glad you did stock up your vault with plenty of seeds and that our genetics have been enough interesting for your breeding projects :yes:

Your Panama pheno is compact, fast and good yielding, interesting pheno for small indoor tents. How are her aromas and kind of effect ?

The Bubba Jack Hash buds look nice! Quite Bubba Hash dominant in shape and density, with extra hairy sativa flowering traits from the Jack.

Wish your projects continue progressing well and hopefully towards the breeding goals you were looking for.

Got the lab back up and running.

I dropped down to two plants and sprayed green cleaner regularly for a few weeks to finally get rid of my lingering mite issue.

Been two months now without seeing any signs of them.

Going to keep going through some of the seeds I've made in the last few years.

I've got a bunch of Nepal Jam, Zamaldelica, Panama and PCK crosses to try out.
Purple Zamaldelica x Loctite
picture.php

Popped two of these this is the more vigorous of the two. The smaller one is all ready showing some color.

Panama x PCK
picture.php

I have two of these going too.

Unknown (Early Bubba x Lucky Charm x Black Lime Reserve probably)
picture.php

So I stuck a random seed in the pot of some strawberries I'm growing and it sprouted. I know it's one of three or four crosses, but it's looking a lot like the Early Bubba Hash I grew recently and pollinated with a LC x BLR male. It's looking nice and chunky so I'm keeping it around for a while longer.

Panama
picture.php

This is the 4th time I've grown this Panama cut. This is a lemony green pheno I grew from a fem seed. It's the mom of the Panama x PCK's I'm growing.

This is the healthiest (bug free and no nute burn) one I've grown so far. It takes about 12 weeks to finish.

Next up are my last two Nepal Jam seeds from 2015.

Big thanks to Dubi and the ACE team for some amazing genetics to play with.

CowboyTed

. . . I've got three plants I really like that I'll keep cuttings of for a rainy day. One of them is my Lemon Panama.
. . .

Great yield, great taste, strong high.
Would love to grow this beauty outside someday.

Thanks for bringing us along on your experiments!

Tell me about this Panama pheno that's so good it's a keeper: how long does it take to finish?

I'm planning to grow a collection of ACE genetics outdoors this summer, as an experiment in using forced-flowering to help tropical sativas finish in Colorado. Of course, I want them to get big outdoors, so I just popped seeds last week from Malawi, Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger, and I'm starting from clones with Bangi Haxe x Ethiopian.

I have a huge garden space, fenced so it's a legal outdoor grow in my county, and out in the middle of the prairie where I don't need to worry about thieves. If you want to see how your Lemon Panama pheno performs outdoors in Colorado, I'd be happy to make a place in my garden for it this year, and use light deprivation to start it into flower early if it has a long finishing time like the others I plan to grow.. You could come visit as often as is convenient, and watch her grow in my summer grow thread when it's not: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359918

Another ACE strain would fit right in with my grow plans, and it would be all the more welcome in the garden, knowing that someone else considers it a "keeper."

CowboyTed

By the way, OldDirtyHuman,, if you would enjoy getting together with other growers to talk shop, you should subscribe to the Colorado Networking thread, so you'll get an alert before our next gathering in April. We have five growers who have showed up the last couple times we got together to sample each other's bud and cuttings. In April we'll probably gather at my place (near Elizabeth) so you could see my garden space well before planting time.

Of course, I'm only guessing that you're nearby in the Springs. At 39.5 degrees north, you might also be near Salida, or Gunnison or Montrose?

Thanks brickweeder glad you enjoy my my efforts.

CowboyTed I'd love to see what other growers could do with the Panama.
It takes 12-13 weeks indoors.
I'm a fan of citrus scented weed and this one is best I've grown in that category.
Good yields.
Good potency.
I've had a few other plants I wish I'd have kept that I let go so I must like this one.

Got the itch again and had to start some seeds.
2 Early Bubba Hash x Lucky Charms Black Lime Reserve
2 Honduras
1 Oldtimer's Haze
picture.php

Really dug the EBH mom. The Lucky Charms x BLR male I thought was a female it took so long to show sex. First of these seeds I've tried.
Only had a male from the Honduras seeds so far.
I tried making some seeds from the Oldtimer's Haze I had and somehow only got a single seed. This is it. Hoping for a male.

Nepal Jam
picture.php

This is the more vigorous of the two I have going. Had 2 males from this pack so far no females.

Purple Zamaldelica x Locktite
picture.php

Just put into flower today.

Panama 8 weeks
picture.php

Had a slight thrip break out. All good now, but the spray fried some leaves. This Panama is definitely sensitive to getting sprayed. This is the only plant I've grown with blunt pistils is that weird?

CowboyTed

Those blunt pistils sure are odd. It will be interesting to see if they do that outdoors as well. BTW, I've reserved a spot in my outdoor garden (and in my plant count) for whichever of your Panama phenos (or crosses) you'd like to see grown outdoors.

I'll be growing one each Malawi, Golden Tiger, and Zamaldelica from seed. They are already a month old. I also plan to grow one Bangi Haze x Ethiopian that I rooted and then re-vegged after breaking off a branch in flower. It's a lovely "octopus"-looking thing: a good start on an outdoor monster.

I want to grow the outdoor ladies as large as possible, so I'm starting early. I've been taking them outdoors to enjoy the lovely sunshine the past few days.

Honduras
picture.php

One needed a little help standing up. Not vegging these very long maybe another 2 weeks.

PCK + Early Bubba Hash x LCBLR
picture.php

Looked at some old pictures of the PCK and ended up starting some new ones. One of the EBH x LCBLR didn't sprout.

Nepal Jam
picture.php

This is the one that started out slow, now looking the best.
OTH seedling peeking in there.

PZ x LOC
picture.php

2 weeks flowering.

Panama
picture.php

10 weeks. Pretty stanky. She got a little fried from a green cleaner spray. Thrips so much nicer to deal with than mites.

Zamaldelica x Locktite
picture.php

Little over 5 weeks

Unknown
picture.php

Nice sweet smell and developing quickly. Should've written down what this was.

Panama
picture.php

Went 13 weeks this time. Going to grow this one at least two more times and try making some more seeds. I'm growing the first cross I've made with this plant and a PCK male. So far It's looking a lot like the Panama.

OTH
picture.php

Going into the flower tent next week.

New Seeds
picture.php

Here's the newest batch of ACE seeds.

Red Sapphire
Hash Plant Haze x Kali China
C5 haze x Kali China

Very excited for this trio.

herbgreen

Veteran
That OTH looks more like PCK ....

Did they come right out of Old Timer Haze pack or come as freebies???

This OTH is from a seed that I made from the last two OTH seeds I had from an ACE freebie pack. I kept them really small and only found one seed. There's always a chance it was some stray pollen that did the deed. I'm starting to wonder myself. My record keeping wasn't very good at that time so I'm not sure what males I had then, but might have been PCK, Locktite or Lucky Charm x Black Lime Reserve.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OlDirtyHuman,

Looks like your Oldtimer's Haze female was pollinated by one of your males with indica genetics.

This OTH is from a seed that I made from the last two OTH seeds I had from an ACE freebie pack. I kept them really small and only found one seed. There's always a chance it was some stray pollen that did the deed. I'm starting to wonder myself. My record keeping wasn't very good at that time so I'm not sure what males I had then, but might have been PCK, Locktite or Lucky Charm x Black Lime Reserve.

View Image

Unk.
picture.php

6 weeks, seed I found laying around and threw in a pot of strawberries I was growing.

Honduras Male
picture.php

Going to try storing some pollen from this one to use over the next few months.

3x5 x PCKxPCK
picture.php

First time growing a cross where I made the seeds for both parents.

Hash Plant Haze x KC
picture.php

This one, the Red Sapphire and the C5 x KC are all above ground.

OTH x
picture.php

Thanks for chiming in dubi. Real nice looking plant so far, not sure of the sex yet. Been in 11/13 for a few days.

CowboyTed

Howdy OlDirtyHuman! I thought you might be entertained to see how your Panama pheno is progressing outdoors.

Apparently I should have waited to put the ladies outdoors. I knew there was cold weather coming, so last night, I covered the four plants I've already placed outside. This morning, I was glad I had covered them:

picture.php

Miss Panama is under a makeshift greenhouse, (a clear plastic tub sitting upside down, covering the plant.) She's on the far right, in that largest planter, where I told you I was planning to put her. Malawi is in the center under a makeshift greenhouse of a different sort, and Zamaldelica on the left, under a translucent five-gallon bucket.

Things got significantly wetter (though not colder, thankfully) this afternoon:

picture.php

Miss Panama has grown only a couple inches taller since you brought her here last month. I planted her with her main stem leaned over at 45 degrees toward the north, in order to encourage growth of lower branches. The lower branches have done the most growing, and are now three to four inches long. I suspect her growth has been slowed by the cool temperatures, though she still looks healthy. I hope she's growing her root system, and will explode with growth when temperatures rise.

I'll snap a picture of her for you on a warmer day. I don't think she wants to come out of her tub today. :laughing:

Last edited:
Glad to hear the Panama is surviving this spring. Got about 6 inches of snow in my neck of the woods.

Just put the Diesel into flower, looking nice and healthy.

picture.php

Should have some Honduras pollen in the next few days for her.

Latest posts

Latest posts