No announcement yet.

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice. All the new plants seem pretty healthy. I think my last plant frying incident was probably from ph. I had good water out of the tap at my old spot so still getting used to adding acid.

Added some sand to the soil mix so I'm hoping that helps with the drainage. I have slightly different mixes in each pot as I've tweaked things along the way. The Orient Express and the Nepal Jam that were burnt pretty badly had some dense soil so I assume.

PCK vs PHM

Two ends of the ACE spectrum.

This is my Herbie's Afghani freebie.

I've come close to getting rid of this plant a couple times, but can't bring myself to do it.

AMS

Going to try and reveg this one. I found a mite on her so she got cut a little early. Very strong citrusy aroma.

Veg Tent

This was right before I trimmed everything. The plant in the back middle got moved to flower. It's a Jack cross with a minty aroma.
    Current Grow:
    multi strain grow
    Photos:
    Pretty Flowers

Comment

How long did the Afghani veg for? Probably got about a dozen of em - so Im glad to get a review.
      Mental Floss x Blockhead Test Grow

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

Comment

About a month, it grew pretty slowly. I had a second one that grew even slower so I tossed it. It smells really nice like oranges, but the yield is going to be really small. If you are tight on space it might be a waste. I started them when I was having some germination issues as testers. I've read some other reviews of them and they aren't the greatest.
        Current Grow:
        multi strain grow
        Photos:
        Pretty Flowers

Comment

PHM2

20 weeks, not quite ready. Got a clone from this one I'm letting get big.

PHM1 clone

The clone from the ill fated PHM1 is in the flower tent now. The butter I made from the original was pretty weak. I'm expecting different results this time. I got a little glimpse of what kind of high this plant can produce, but definitely not the full effect.

PCK

Well I wanted to pollinate this with the PCK male and I did. Unfortunately it was on accident, so pretty much the whole plant is seeded. Was hoping to just hit a branch or two, but I bumped the male while I was moving it out of the room and it released some pollen.

1x3

Planned on doing the same thing with the parents of this plant and the male released its pollen while I was out of town. Looks pretty good at 6 weeks. The leaves have been slowly drying up from the probable ph issue that fried a bunch of plants.

Z2

The regular Zamaldelicas are at about 3 weeks from sprouting. I put #2 into the flower tent just to make some room in the veg tent. Gonna let #1 get a little bigger.
          Current Grow:
          multi strain grow
          Photos:
          Pretty Flowers

Comment

PHM1

Took her out for a little fresh air.

Bubba Kush x HP

Nep Jam reg

These two are the latest seeds to pop. So far so good.

Apollo 11

Started this one with the Zamaldelicas. I put both of the Z's into flower and I'm waiting to see sex on them.
            Current Grow:
            multi strain grow
            Photos:
            Pretty Flowers

Comment

I really like you growing style, lot of different varities together in theese little containers. Guess you could harvest much more if you grow less but bigger plants. But you wouldn´t have so much to choose from.

Comment

Thanks early bird, I'm kind of in a search mode right now seeing what I like so I'm not vegging for very long. I've got the Purple Haze Malawi, AMS and 1x3 in jars now waiting for a smoke test. I'm taking a little smoke break currently to clear up for a possible new job. I've got enough buds now I should be able to actually let them cure before smoking them all.
                Current Grow:
                multi strain grow
                Photos:
                Pretty Flowers

Comment

Z2

Got some pistils showing on Z2 now.

Panama

Just about back to normal growth after the burn. I'm waiting to make sure my clones take before flowering this one. I think it's the green pheno.

PCK

Almost 5 weeks flowering. Gave it some Tiger Bloom today 7.5 ml per gal.

Holy Grail Kush

Gave this one some Tiger Bloom too. Just starting to flower. The cutting I took from this one isn't looking very good but I have more seeds so I'm not too concerned.
                  Current Grow:
                  multi strain grow
                  Photos:
                  Pretty Flowers

Comment

PCK 5 weeks flowering

Cool plant.

HGK

Gonna hit this with the PCK pollen in a couple weeks. It's a California OG Kush cross from DNA. I won these beans from Gorilla on here.

Z2

Took this before repotting her into a 3 gallon pot.

AMS died. It had just started getting some new growth and I thought the reveg had worked and then a couple days later it bit the dust. I tried getting clones off of this one several times too and couldn't get them to root.

I took a late cutting from the 1x3 that was just a bud and it has started revegging.

Also smoked a little of the PHM2 and ran all the way up the hill for the first time.
                    Current Grow:
                    multi strain grow
                    Photos:
                    Pretty Flowers

Comment

PHM1 clone

No leaf curl this time.

Nepal Jam

The third try at NJ is looking pretty good so far.

Bubba Kush x Hash Plant

Seen some nice shots of this one on here from buddler

1x3 clone

This late clone has rooted well and is putting out new growth. Think I took this cutting around 6 weeks in flower.

Bubbler

I've had maybe 50/50 success on clones so far. I've been using the seed starter mix and some powder root hormone in a propagation dome. I've been meaning to set up a little diy bubble cloner, so here it is. Some of the cuttings in there are old ones that hadn't rooted in the seed starter mix.
                      Current Grow:
                      multi strain grow
                      Photos:
                      Pretty Flowers

Comment

Z1 male

Got this guy isolated and waiting for the pollen to start falling.

Z2

Seems to be done stretching and didn't get too huge. A couple leaves got curled but not badly like the PHM's did last time.

PCK

Chopped this one today, just shy of 8 weeks. It is fully seeded. I've got 50 or so without even trying. Probably another hundred in the buds. After I sprayed it with spinosad for mites it got a little fried. Some of the plants seem to be more sensitive to it than others.

Afghani

11 weeks and still going. This one has a few seeds from the PCK male.

BK x HP

Topped her this week.

The mites are still hanging around, not bad but I haven't completely got rid of them yet. I found some thrips as well so the struggle continues.
                        Current Grow:
                        multi strain grow
                        Photos:
                        Pretty Flowers

Comment

Z2

Nice vigorous plant. I started giving it some light high P seabird guano.

PHM1

Looking much better than the first run.

Afghani

Harvested this one finally. Didn't see any more seeds on it guessing there are a few more hiding in there. It would be a miracle if there was only one seed on the whole plant. Very sticky.

Critical Jack

Hit this one with some of the Zamaldelica pollen. I haven't decided what else I'm going to try it out on yet.

Panama and Apollo 11 are the next to go into flower as soon as I get good clones off of them.
                          Current Grow:
                          multi strain grow
                          Photos:
                          Pretty Flowers

Comment

BKHP

Starting to grow little quicker now after getting topped.

PHM1

Looking good other than the yellow fan leaves.

CJ

Getting pretty frosty now, I'm not sure if the Zamaldelica pollen worked or not yet.

HGK

Same story with this one. Pollinated with PCK but can't tell if it's making seeds yet.

The one Nepal Jam I have going is looking like a male.

The Panama I've been growing got repotted. It was still burning the new growth a little so I figured I'd give it some of the new weaker soil.

Still spraying neem and spinosad on everything every few days. I'm not seeing any mites just eggs now.

Think I'll try popping a few Tikals next.
                            Current Grow:
                            multi strain grow
                            Photos:
                            Pretty Flowers

Comment

PHM2

The first clone I got from this plant died along with the Panama. They both didn't recover from whatever fried some of my plants a while back. I took a bunch of cuttings from it before it croaked. So luckily I can grow it out again. Bummed about the Panama. It just kept putting out burnt leaves so I tried repotting it and after that it went downhill fast.

Everything is looking good now though, so I think I have the soil at a good mix for the indicas and sativas to both handle it, we'll see.

BKHP

Started training this one now. I'm going to try and let it get big before flowering. I've been growing pretty small plants for a while now and I'm ready to try a nice bush.

1x3 clone

She's gotten big enough to take cuttings from. I liked the way the original one came out. It didn't smell as nice as the mother, but I want to give it another shot. I'll at least make some seed with it. I haven't put much thought into what I'm mixing with what so far. I planned to mix the PCK and Holy grail kush, because I liked the name Holy Chitral Kush.

I like playing the seed lottery. Some of the best plants I've grown I have no idea what they were because they were given to me by people or came in a bag.

Z2 clone

I tried a new setup for the cuttings and it seems to be working pretty well. I did some azalea cuttings in playground sand a few years ago they took really well. So I figured I'd give it a shot with the weed. I had some stone cat litter/oil spill clean up, that had been in a fish tank for gravel so I tried that in some clear cups so I could see the roots. I like it.

Got to smoke a decent amount of the PHM2 and AMS in a joint mixed. It was the highest I been in a little while, after a little period of abstinence. It was clear and racy. I got some work done in the garage finally. I think the sativas work kind of like a mild ritalin for me. They tend to help me get shit done around the house. The focus and self analysis they force me to do is motivating.

Time to make butter, I'm gonna try and smoke less and eat more, think.

Got two Tikal seedlings that I forgot to take pictures of going too.

Mites are under control, I'd say. I'll catch one every now and then, so I'm still spraying them once a week now. I've learned macro photography is also a good insecticide.

Current Grow:
                              multi strain grow
                              Photos:
                              Pretty Flowers

Comment

Z2

This plant is going to have a great yield for the size. It's just starting to get some resin at a little under 6 weeks flowering.

NJ male

Nice looking male Nepal Jam should start dropping pollen pretty soon. I'll probably pollinate the Apollo 11 with it.

Apollo 11

Been flowering for a bout a week now, super branchy plant.

1x3

The burned leaves showed up over night. Not sure what's happened, but I found a decent amount of mites on closer inspection. Guess I jinxed myself on the last post. I trimmed a bunch of leaves off of her and sprayed everything in the veg tent down with spinosad yet again. I might pick up a new spray to try out.
                                Current Grow:
                                multi strain grow
                                Photos:
                                Pretty Flowers

Comment

Working...
                                X