What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Hash

Humple W.

Pulled the Bubba Hash out of the dryer yesterday, one week after chop. Firstly, no chlorophyll that I can detect. I love strains like that, that are ready to smoke as soon as they're dry (though it'll obviously get better after a cure). Rolled up a couple of joints for the wife and myself...

Flavor: starts out floral, then turns to coffee and chocolate. About halfway through the joint it starts tasting like a cigar (tobacco), then finishes off with the meaty beef jerky taste in the last quarter of the joint. Tasty!

Effects: the effects come on very quickly, with a wonderful numb, floaty feeling that was great for my pain. Very potent! Not a lot of head to it, but there's definitely some mood elevation as well. Long-lasting!! I love a strain with some legs...

Oh, and the smoke is unbelievably smooth. Honestly, it's the smoothest I can recall, period. I can take MASSIVE hits so comfortably. Really fun.

Such a great plant, that lives up to all expectations! Thanks, Dubi and Ace!!

Humple W.

And the obligatory nug-shot!

Attachments

• 0120212223a.jpg
    0120212223a.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 47

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful Bubba Hash buds and pictures kamyo :kiss: Cannot thank you enough for such constant feedback on Bubba Hash. Really pleased to see Bubba Hash remains a staple in your garden.

I have my opinion regarding the comparison between Bubba Hash and Bubba x PCK, although i still prefer to hear what others think about it so your comments are greatly appreciated and on point.

I love the super refined hashy coffee terpene profiles, super dense flowers and relaxing, pleasant and warm effects of Bubba Hash.
Bubba x PCK (as it is typical with PCK hybrids) provide different fruity terpene profiles and someplants a much more heady in effects.

I think I prefer the Bubba Hash, at least with the Bubba x PCK I have. Although I do really like the Bubba x PCK. Completely different smells, in my experience - mentholated fruit/berry smell from the Bubba x PCK vs kushy, gassy, plasticky perfume of the BH. Overall, I think Bubba Hash really combined in a special way to create something great. With Bubba x PCK, both plants are so dominant that they both end up contributing some great qualities, but it's still probably better to enjoy each on its own. But that's compared to the BH. Compared to a lot of other things I've grown, I'd take the Bubba x PCK easily.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Humple W and thanks for such positive feedback :)
Happy to hear you are so pleased with your first experience with this indica strain.
You are right, Bubba Hash smokes very well with little curing, a nice thing for those more impatient growers and smokers.

As you may know, this kind of more commercial hybrids using mainstream genepool are not much of ACE style, but i was so satisfied with the outcome, consistency and quality of the smoke of this hybrid and we received such great feedback from growers since the beginning that i finally decided to release Bubba Hash and include it in our permanent catalog. Such more commercial releases help us also to get funds for our research and preservation on sativas landraces which is my main interest and passion, but at the end very long flowering sativas don't sell very well for several reasons, as you can imagine.

And glad you finally invested in ph meter, it's compulsory in any garden if you are serious to improve your gardening results.

Looking good chieseganja, you are almost there! ;)

chiesesganja

Congrats on your harvest Humple W and thanks for such positive feedback :)
Happy to hear you are so pleased with your first experience with this indica strain.
You are right, Bubba Hash smokes very well with little curing, a nice thing for those more impatient growers and smokers.

As you may know, this kind of more commercial hybrids using mainstream genepool are not much of ACE style, but i was so satisfied with the outcome, consistency and quality of the smoke of this hybrid and we received such great feedback from growers since the beginning that i finally decided to release Bubba Hash and include it in our permanent catalog. Such more commercial releases help us also to get funds for our research and preservation on sativas landraces which is my main interest and passion, but at the end very long flowering sativas don't sell very well for several reasons, as you can imagine.

And glad you finally invested in ph meter, it's compulsory in any garden if you are serious to improve your gardening results.

Looking good chieseganja, you are almost there! ;)
when my friends watch my bubbahash photo .and ask me what is this. i can say anyname and they will trust.because the bud means everything haha

kamyo

Veteran
Here she is, cut down and almost dry. This, along with the other BH cut I have (from a single 5 pack, btw) is some of the best weed I've ever smoked, at least as far as indicas and indica-leaning hybrids go. Literally just sampled some that was "dry enough" and it's amazing. Absolutely wonderful smell, looks fantastic, smokes strong, pleasant, and smooth. Will be around my garden for a very long time.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Humple W.

Ready for the next run of this Bubba Hash! Took a cutting just before flipping the last one to flower, so this clone has been vegging for a couple of months. Decided to flower it in one of my other tents; this space has added red side-lighting, and I'm very interested to see what effect, if any, this has on the maturation of the Bubba Hash. Additionally, this tent has more headroom - I don't think the smaller tent could handle the stretch.

Hopefully the wife and I can make the previous harvest last until this one is ready. (We have plenty of other things to smoke, but I can already tell I won't want to go without this beauty!)

Bubba Hash on the right, Critical Cheese on the left.

Attachments

• 0121211514.jpg
    0121211514.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 46

Humple W.

Here she is, cut down and almost dry. This, along with the other BH cut I have (from a single 5 pack, btw) is some of the best weed I've ever smoked, at least as far as indicas and indica-leaning hybrids go. Literally just sampled some that was "dry enough" and it's amazing. Absolutely wonderful smell, looks fantastic, smokes strong, pleasant, and smooth. Will be around my garden for a very long time.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Fantastic! Always enjoy your photos, my friend. (I really need to up my macro game!)

I'm trying not to be TOO hyperbolic in my praise of this strain, because I only just started smoking it, but damn... It's already a favorite.

Im'One

I did a beam test using 5%koh-solution in some of my strains
Tested my Pineapple Thai from 707. A Tashkent landrace Dancehall and bubba hash
Dance hall showed the most CBD, but to my surprise Bubba hash showed to have a significant amount of CBD also.

Humple W.

I did a beam test using 5%koh-solution in some of my strains
Tested my Pineapple Thai from 707. A Tashkent landrace Dancehall and bubba hash
Dance hall showed the most CBD, but to my surprise Bubba hash showed to have a significant amount of CBD also.

I recently bought a TLC kit from Cannalytics, and you can bet Bubba Hash will be the first strain I test. I know it's not the most accurate testing methodology, but it will at least give me a fairly accurate idea of the cannabinoid ratios.

chiesesganja

68days

Attachments

• 23E452C9-D6F1-4A3A-9107-AFE728A20CBE.jpg
    23E452C9-D6F1-4A3A-9107-AFE728A20CBE.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 96F62555-69F2-46F4-9F76-6CE31756CB85.jpg
    96F62555-69F2-46F4-9F76-6CE31756CB85.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 047F3719-0A9E-4856-BEE4-6A76BC7D58D2.jpg
    047F3719-0A9E-4856-BEE4-6A76BC7D58D2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32
  • B288006E-11E7-41BE-BAC5-76BB56D5A2B9.jpg
    B288006E-11E7-41BE-BAC5-76BB56D5A2B9.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 0F7B4F03-AD1E-4D8E-9A29-83EA212A1804.jpg
    0F7B4F03-AD1E-4D8E-9A29-83EA212A1804.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 03D1E53B-CDB9-416B-B5D3-A7151473F013.jpg
    03D1E53B-CDB9-416B-B5D3-A7151473F013.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 42
  • AE59EE0B-0220-4878-8E17-87EEFFA6532F.jpg
    AE59EE0B-0220-4878-8E17-87EEFFA6532F.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 48
  • B728F083-2C7E-4FE4-8059-1A6742EEC169.jpg
    B728F083-2C7E-4FE4-8059-1A6742EEC169.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 57

Humple W.

Ready for the next run of this Bubba Hash! Took a cutting just before flipping the last one to flower, so this clone has been vegging for a couple of months. Decided to flower it in one of my other tents; this space has added red side-lighting, and I'm very interested to see what effect, if any, this has on the maturation of the Bubba Hash. Additionally, this tent has more headroom - I don't think the smaller tent could handle the stretch.

Hopefully the wife and I can make the previous harvest last until this one is ready. (We have plenty of other things to smoke, but I can already tell I won't want to go without this beauty!)

Bubba Hash on the right, Critical Cheese on the left.

11 days of growth since the last pic. The Bubba Hash is going strong! (Ignore the complete lack of training or canopy management on the Critical Cheese - she branches out so crazily that I don't really even try to keep her in check anymore. As long as she doesn't infringe upon the Bubba Hash, we're good!)

Attachments

• 0201211223b.jpg
    0201211223b.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 0201211555_HDR.jpg
    0201211555_HDR.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 0201211554_HDR.jpg
    0201211554_HDR.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 43

Humple W.

I don't want to spam this thread too much, but I want to show the rate of growth on this Bubba Hash (which I partially attribute to the red side-lighting - and obviously credit to the genetics is also due!). I have run other strains both with and without the reds, and I have found photosynthesis to increase markedly when using these supplementals. (My last run with them, growing cultivars I know well enough, shattered my yield record for this tent.)

I'm especially interested to see if there are any morphological changes in the Bubba Hash. I grow a rare pheno of HSO's Black D.O.G., which is a low-medium yielder, and has always grown smallish buds, but with the reds, the colas on that plant swelled up to nearly 3 times their normal size. Some believe that spectrum-tuning is the next frontier, and I'm looking forward to forming my own opinion on the issue - and what better way to do it than to grow some ACE genetics! Not to fluff them too much, and not that I'm the most experienced grower, but from everything I've seen, ACE puts more work into their breeding than a dozen of the pollen-chucking breeders that are pushing the latest hype. So thank you, ACE!

This pic was taken 3 days after the pics in my last post. This tent is at 2 weeks of flowering as of today.

Attachments

• 0204211329_HDR.jpg
    0204211329_HDR.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 0204211329.jpg
    0204211329.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 47
  • 0204211329a.jpg
    0204211329a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 44

Humple W.

Took my girl out of the tent for a natural light photo op. She's beautiful!

Attachments

• 0208211218.jpg
    0208211218.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 0208211217_HDR.jpg
    0208211217_HDR.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 43

chiesesganja

I don't want to spam this thread too much, but I want to show the rate of growth on this Bubba Hash (which I partially attribute to the red side-lighting - and obviously credit to the genetics is also due!). I have run other strains both with and without the reds, and I have found photosynthesis to increase markedly when using these supplementals. (My last run with them, growing cultivars I know well enough, shattered my yield record for this tent.)

I'm especially interested to see if there are any morphological changes in the Bubba Hash. I grow a rare pheno of HSO's Black D.O.G., which is a low-medium yielder, and has always grown smallish buds, but with the reds, the colas on that plant swelled up to nearly 3 times their normal size. Some believe that spectrum-tuning is the next frontier, and I'm looking forward to forming my own opinion on the issue - and what better way to do it than to grow some ACE genetics! Not to fluff them too much, and not that I'm the most experienced grower, but from everything I've seen, ACE puts more work into their breeding than a dozen of the pollen-chucking breeders that are pushing the latest hype. So thank you, ACE!

This pic was taken 3 days after the pics in my last post. This tent is at 2 weeks of flowering as of today.

just saying waiting your 3 time big bud shot.