What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Hash

rlsmooth

Thanks rlsmooth for your feedback on Bubba Hash too!

Glad you and your friends are enjoying with her warm and relaxing narcotic effects .... ehhehehe 'shoulder massage weed' sounds perfect for my chronic shoulder pain. Curious to know your opinion regarding aromas, taste and effects between the different females.
After a bit of proper drying Bubba Hash has a lovely and rich taste and aftertaste, in my experience it's not a strain that needs a very long curing to shine in the terpene department.

I really appreciate a lot that you are taking so much of your time and resources to explore our genetics. Hope you are happy with the quality and diversity!

Edit: Forgot to comment about their stretching. The desirable stretching comes from the HashPlant, straight Bubba Kush Katsu mother grows with very tight nodes and little branching so she is clearly benefited of having stronger branching and longer node distance, especially indoors, where is more difficult to light properly afghani indicas of huge leaves.

Hi Dubi,

I really agree that it doesn't need a long cure for the terps to show up. Only one of the Bubba's needed to spend a little time in the jars, but that might be due my strong soil and plant finishing very green.

For me personally it seems it's really hard to describe strains effects properly, because it always changes a little due to set and setting and tolerance..

But this plant I called Wayne Stretchy, biggest and frostiest of them, differs a bit to compared to the other 2 I think. All 3 share very strong pinene / limonene parfyme like smells, but this one has more earthy and even berry like undertones to it. When vaped it's kinda earthy/ hash like and that berry/pinene after taste lingers on the tonque. Hits both body and mind immediatly, makes me very relaxed almost instantly :D

FGpZ6F6m.jpg

Then again these other two specimen leave my mind a lot clearer for the first part of the effect..tiredness and heavy body feeling hit a bit later. But these plants, which finished with greener buds taste better when vaping, alot more pine/fresh/ soapy lemon..Overall I pretty much agree with your website describtion, but I've yet to find these coffee tones from em :D

6RszNoym.jpg

Exploring your genetics has been a no brainer for me since I grew KaliChina and Zam x Hashplant for the first time ;) Many strains from your catalogue that I still need to try out, but Bubba Hash willl grow in the future for sure!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your insights about Bubba Hash rlsmooth, much appreciated. And i'm glad you have enjoyed with our more indica strains and indica hybrids like Bubba Hash or Kali China.

We found the classic earthy, hashy and coffee aromas coming from Bubbas Kush mother in 80% or more of the Bubba Hash plants in the first test of the strain, but enhanced by heterosis (yield and vigor too), and we grew quite a few dozens of them. The more skunky, lemony and Diesel kind of terpene profiles are less common, just in approx 15 % of the plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I love the way you are growing all our strains Stage :)

Lovely hashplant traits, yet with a very big yield and excellent flower/leaf ratio for an almost 100 % indica hybrid of this kind. Thank you very much for your contrinutions to this room! :yes:

HerbBert

Hi guys nice plants you have.

Ive just finished 6 Bubba Hash plants waiting for them to dry now then Ill decide what one(s) I want to keep.

(I need to work on my camera skills)

BH#1

BH#2

BH#3

HerbBert

and

BH#4

BH#5

BH#6

BH#2 has a more funky skunky smell.

BH#6 looks really dark purple almost black abit like pics ive seen of peyote purple.

:ying:

Stage

High Dubi
Thank you for the positive affirmation and well wishes.:huggg:

Here is my bubba hash grown in organic mineralized hi brix soil at harvest.

DSCN2835.jpg
DSCN2833.jpg

This lady smells more fuel skunk than coffee but she DOES smell strongly.
DSCN2832.jpg
DSCN2830.jpg
I cut her down after 64 days and her nugs are quite weighty for their size. Cant wait for her to dry and cure a bit.
DSCN2824.jpg
Really excited to experience her effects.

Currently I have no true indicas in my stash.
These dried flowers should fix that.
:jump:
Your tireless work is appreciated my friend.

:tiphat:

I love the way you are growing all our strains Stage :)

Lovely hashplant traits, yet with a very big yield and excellent flower/leaf ratio for an almost 100 % indica hybrid of this kind. Thank you very much for your contrinutions to this room! :yes:

Stage

High farmers,
A couple more pics of the bubba hash at 64 days post flip / pre harvest.
:dance013:
If you are on the fence about this strain....jump.

Stage

How long did you veg her? Looks amazing!

High Bleiweis,:tiphat:
She was vegged for a little under 7 weeks in a one gallon softie.

I spent most of the time lsting her to get a few tops. With her that should be done early on in veg.

Finished her in a 6gal and...zoom. She took off and surprised me with her stretch. Luckily that stretch was very welcome yield wise.

I have two clones of her that I'm going to flip in a week so I will be sure to share in this thread.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Herbert :)

A pleasure to see your 6 Bubba Hashes before chop! 1,3,5 and 6 look the most appealing to me, but guess final decision will be taken after smoking tests. Hope you enjoy choosing your favorite one ;)

Hi guys nice plants you have.

Ive just finished 6 Bubba Hash plants waiting for them to dry now then Ill decide what one(s) I want to keep.

(I need to work on my camera skills)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High Dubi
Thank you for the positive affirmation and well wishes.:huggg:

Here is my bubba hash grown in organic mineralized hi brix soil at harvest.

Really excited to experience her effects.

Currently I have no true indicas in my stash.
These dried flowers should fix that.
:jump:
Your tireless work is appreciated my friend.

:tiphat:

Thanks Stage for sharing yours before harvest them!
They look delicious :yummy: and very well grown and finished.

By growing them organically, you will be able to experience their best terpene profiles in a healthier way ... i'm sure you will love this strain, especially if you don't have a good indica in your stash right now. :yes:

rlsmooth

Killer looking plants dudes! My weed consumption went higher than ever when this strain found its way to my jars..they are half empty already :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Got some seeds of this one on the way to me right now. Can't wait! Has anyone done any serious training with this variety? Does it respond well to LST, I'm wondering? Trying to decide if I will grow one plant out just to obtain several clones to flower, or if I'll be able to plant a single seed and make it fill out the space.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi hush,

Hope you receive them soon :)

The Bubba Kush Katsu mother of this hybrid is very compact with hardly any stretching even in flowering. The HashPlant parental plant adds a bit of her desirable stretching, yet Bubba Hash still works like a quite compact and columnar afghani with big and wide leaves .... it's better to don't top the main apical stem unless you plan to grow her outdoors with a long growth or unless you do some defoliation on her before flowering .... these kind of afghanis react slow to topping, and in case of being topped it stays very compact and the massive leaf production can avoid proper light penetration throughout the plant in indoor grows.

So if you are planning to grow her in small indoor spaces with short growth stages then it's better to let her grow without interfere her natural columnar growth, so she can focus most of her flowering production on the main cola and on a few lateral branches.

I don't know why, but seems i forgot to add the pictures of our first testing of this strain in this thread. The pics will give you a nice idea of what i'm talking about.

Got some seeds of this one on the way to me right now. Can't wait! Has anyone done any serious training with this variety? Does it respond well to LST, I'm wondering? Trying to decide if I will grow one plant out just to obtain several clones to flower, or if I'll be able to plant a single seed and make it fill out the space.

Attachments

• BKHP5.jpg
    BKHP5.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 35
  • BKHP4.jpg
    BKHP4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 51
  • BKHP.jpg
    BKHP.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 40
  • BKHP3.jpg
    BKHP3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 38
  • BKHP2.jpg
    BKHP2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Bubba Hash close up2.jpg
    Bubba Hash close up2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Bubba Hash close up.jpg
    Bubba Hash close up.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Bubba Hash close up3.jpg
    Bubba Hash close up3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Bubba Hash close up4.jpg
    Bubba Hash close up4.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 42

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bubba Kush Katsu mother Phylos genotype report

Bubba Kush Katsu mother Phylos genotype report

The genotype report of this Bubba Kush Katsu, mother of Bubba Hash, is available since a few days ago on Phylos website:

https://phylos.bio/sims/variety/PGTH-249518/ace-seeds/bubba-kush-katsu

confirming she is clearly related to the Bubba and Kush clones circulating in North America.
Her genotype report states she is very heterozygous, which makes sense considering all the polyhybrid breeding and outcrosses produced there during the Kush scene, but curiously the hybrids produced with this Bubba Kush Katsu mother are quite consistent, especially considering the high genetic variability that the Phylos genetic analysis has detected.

I hope to send them the HashPlant parental plant at some point to make her a genetic analysis too.