What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - Winter Run

Azure

Transplanted into a 6 gallon and had some burn from the new soil but the new sets of leaves look okay. Some burn from lights too because she's jumping into the lamps!

Attachments

• Zamaldelica.jpg
    Zamaldelica.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 13

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I have been doing a winter run also. Kind of pissed at myself for not doing it years earlier. I crossed a female Hawaiin with a Zamaldelica male last season. Hope it finishes in time for f2's for this summers grow. I leave seeds in bud through the cure. I will be following along here. Peace

Azure

Update and questions

Update and questions

If you take a look, the newer sets of leaves are drooping and the tips are curling under. I think it may be from lack of water since it didn't have water yesterday. What do you guys think is causing the droopy leaves? Any Zamaldelica/sativa growers out there with some critiques and advice? Also, what phenotype is this lady leaning towards if any? You know like a Malawi, Zamal or Thai pheno. Thanks!

Attachments

• zam1.jpg
    zam1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13

iskra

Try backing off the N a bit and see if that helps. Looks pretty green and sometimes excess N curls leaf tips. Less leaf in the bud too. You'll also attract less bugs. Dry things up a bit if you can. This also helps with bugs. Those deep ridges sometimes indicate temperature stress and/or salt buildup. Act accordingly if this is the case. sometimes a good flush is all that's needed to perk your buddy up.

Shooters

zamaldelica doesn't require lots of nutes and I've found that they do have a natural droop to them everyday like a nap for toddlers, mine do this every afternoon all phenos, looks like yours do the same and the curling clawing could be from too much water. All of mine prefer closer to drought like conditions to overwatering. Lift the pots before and after watering to make sure your not drowning the roots.

Pheno looks thai-ish with some zamal to it. Do you have early regs or later version?

Azure

Thai leaning, best guess. What's the smell like?
As of now, the flowers do not smell but if you rub the stem, it has a pungent carrot-like smell.

zamaldelica doesn't require lots of nutes and I've found that they do have a natural droop to them everyday like a nap for toddlers, mine do this every afternoon all phenos, looks like yours do the same and the curling clawing could be from too much water. All of mine prefer closer to drought like conditions to overwatering. Lift the pots before and after watering to make sure your not drowning the roots.

Pheno looks thai-ish with some zamal to it. Do you have early regs or later version?
The plant looks the best in the very early morning. Nice and perky leaves reaching for the lights. I stabilized the room temperature to keep it from getting too cold and I noticed more growth and less droopiness. I believe this plant is taking naps at times.
She's in a 6.2 gallon pot and I've been giving her 1 gallon of water every other day. It's just enough water to run out from the bottom of the container. I will try a two day water break to see how she responds.

These are fem seeds with a date of 11/1/15 on the package.

Thanks for the tips guys!

LostTribe

Premium user
If you take a look, the newer sets of leaves are drooping and the tips are curling under. I think it may be from lack of water since it didn't have water yesterday. What do you guys think is causing the droopy leaves? Any Zamaldelica/sativa growers out there with some critiques and advice? Also, what phenotype is this lady leaning towards if any? You know like a Malawi, Zamal or Thai pheno. Thanks!

keep the updates coming...

What day of bloom are you on? which light cycle 11/13?

Malarky

Looking good man ,starting a grow with Zamalash in dwc hope they don't drown !

Reminder to self good aeration .

Had a few droopy leafed sat pheno girls in the past and luckily ? They shone !

Peace .

Azure

Some of the bottom leaves are turning yellow and brown.
Is it too early for Senescence?
The top leaves are fine.
Should any action be taken? Like flushing, nutes or etc.
Thanks you for any input.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 14

lotus710

whats your watering schedule? any nutrients? im subbed btw. mines looking WAAAAAAAAY worseXD im excited to see this. i have a pack of tikal from ace seeds im excited to pop some day

Azure

whats your watering schedule? any nutrients? im subbed btw. mines looking WAAAAAAAAY worseXD im excited to see this. i have a pack of tikal from ace seeds im excited to pop some day

I've been watering 1 gallon every other day into the 6.2 gallon pot which is just enough to soak the pot and run out of the bottom. Occasionally I will give it a 2 day dry spell, but the plant always looks better after a watering and will wilt if it doesn't get water.

The soil [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mixture: 60 % peat, 30 % coco fiber, 10 % worm casting and a bit of perlite and bat guano. And very little blood, bone and kelp meal that were mixed in to the soil mixture.[/FONT][/FONT]

lotus710

id say ph problem causing a lockout. theres no liming agent in your soil mix and the peat is acidic. also when watering maybe wait till the pots are light when you lift em. when i was watering a 5gal in normal soil id have to water once a week if that:) HTH

Much love
Lotus

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Azure I reckon feed her now she is flowering she needs more food. Try an organic rose fertilizer if you want to stay organic, I dont grow organic indoors so I am not the best person to answer but I find that when that happens in flower early on its lack of nutes.
Tangwena

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Subscribed.

mixture: 60 % peat, 30 % coco fiber, 10 % worm casting and a bit of perlite and bat guano. And very little blood, bone and kelp meal that were mixed in to the soil mixture.

Hey Azure! Can you say what a bit is and how little is very little?

Wicked plant.

Azure

id say ph problem causing a lockout. theres no liming agent in your soil mix and the peat is acidic. also when watering maybe wait till the pots are light when you lift em. when i was watering a 5gal in normal soil id have to water once a week if that:) HTH

Much love
Lotus

I let the soil mix cook for two months and checked the pH which was about 6.5. Everytime I let the plant go without water it get very droopy, but I can try again with a close eye on her.

Hi Azure I reckon feed her now she is flowering she needs more food. Try an organic rose fertilizer if you want to stay organic, I dont grow organic indoors so I am not the best person to answer but I find that when that happens in flower early on its lack of nutes.
Tangwena

Subscribed.

I will try this. Should we go half strength to see how she reacts?

Hey Azure! Can you say what a bit is and how little is very little?

Wicked plant.

My total soil mix was 6.5 gallons prepared in a bin and then I used 6.2 gallons of this soil mix for the transplant container.
I compared the perlite content in my soil mix to a bag of happy frog and they looked the same so I added a little more perlite to my mix.
As for the Guano, maybe 4-6 table spoons. Next mix I will write the exact number down. Blood & Bone had about 2-3 tablespoons. And the kelp meal had very little maybe 1-2 tablespoons.