What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - Winter Run

Azure

Update Pics

Update Pics

I believe that flush helped her out a few weeks ago. She's fattening up and putting on the trichomes. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Zamaldelica Azure :)

Looks like you got a Zamal/Thai pheno, these phenos usually take longer and are a bit sensitive with Nitrogen.

You are already in the second stage of flowering so i would recommend you to lower down Nitrogen,
add micronutrients, and keep the macronutrient feeding with moderate levels of PK.

Thanks for keep us updated, looks like a very interesting pheno!

jay sus

this is without a doubt one of my favorite plants recently, hope one of mine gets like this. or all

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I have 20 LED lights (10w to 14w) that are providing side lighting 1/4 way down from the top of plant. I've been checking out a lot of Zamaldelica grow journals on ICMAG and other sites and it seems this strain can be picky about the soil and nutes. She seems to be doing well considering this is my 1st indoor grow other than one automatic freebie I grew out before I started this Zamal.

For a first indoor, this is killing it. Switch to all LED and forget about the CFLs, they're about 1/3rd as effective per watt. The 14w LEDs will have an effective penetration distance of about 2.5-3 feet off the bulb, so the most LST / SCROG you'll have to do is to pull the branches out a bit to fan the plant out.

You are already in the second stage of flowering so i would recommend you to lower down Nitrogen,
add micronutrients, and keep the macronutrient feeding with moderate levels of PK.

What he said. You're a bit high on the nitrogen side based on the leaves, so I would guess the flush helped to clear the plant out a bit. At 11 weeks, all you'll need is light bloom nutrients and maybe the addition of magnesium & calcium (blackstrap molasses works great for those two) but shes down to her final weeks. :tiphat:

Azure

For a first indoor, this is killing it. Switch to all LED and forget about the CFLs, they're about 1/3rd as effective per watt. The 14w LEDs will have an effective penetration distance of about 2.5-3 feet off the bulb, so the most LST / SCROG you'll have to do is to pull the branches out a bit to fan the plant out.

What he said. You're a bit high on the nitrogen side based on the leaves, so I would guess the flush helped to clear the plant out a bit. At 11 weeks, all you'll need is light bloom nutrients and maybe the addition of magnesium & calcium (blackstrap molasses works great for those two) but shes down to her final weeks. :tiphat:

I'll switch the CFLs out after this grow and try to keep the canopy even! Today I gave here one gallon of water with 3/4 tea spoon of Maxicrop and a 1/2 teaspoon of Dr. Earths Flower Girl. I just added one tablespoon of organic molasses to a gallon of water and I'll use this mix when I water in two days.

Azure

How much longer do you think she needs?

Thanks for all the advice so far! How much longer do you think she needs? She just started 12th week of flowering. (84 days)

Attachments

• zam 1.jpg
    zam 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 14
  • zam2.jpg
    zam2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
  • z6.jpg
    z6.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 15
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 17
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15

jay sus

buds are developed, but there´s quite a lot fresh pistils yet. so couple of weeks? but she does look goood. kinda thai zamal not so much malawi is being evident.

Holeshot

Zam

Zam

Looking good mate. I've grown a few of these now, best waiting to fully mature to get get best out of it. Flush well , and she should start to foxtail a bit.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran

With sativas, forget about days and weeks (other than as a reference tool). When there are no white pistils left on the plant, cut it down.

Azure

With sativas, forget about days and weeks (other than as a reference tool). When there are no white pistils left on the plant, cut it down.

I'm patient, so I can wait until there are no more white pistols. It seems every time I check her out, she has more trics she had an hour ago. At this point in the flowering stage, the production appears to be that noticeable!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm patient, so I can wait until there are no more white pistols. It seems every time I check her out, she has more trics she had an hour ago. At this point in the flowering stage, the production appears to be that noticeable!

Hi Azure,

That's why it's so important to fully mature this kind of sativas, as you have experienced every day counts in late flowering, increasing resin content, terpenes, potency, yield...

It's quite normal that a tropical sativa matures irregularly like yours is doing, the buds in the first 2 pics look quite advanced and could be harvested in 2-3 weeks, but the cola still needs at least 1 month to fully ripen.

B

blue_tick

azure

looking real good there. nice structure has it all going for it. looking forward to the finish

peace

Azure

Hi Azure,

That's why it's so important to fully mature this kind of sativas, as you have experienced every day counts in late flowering, increasing resin content, terpenes, potency, yield...

It's quite normal that a tropical sativa matures irregularly like yours is doing, the buds in the first 2 pics look quite advanced and could be harvested in 2-3 weeks, but the cola still needs at least 1 month to fully ripen.

The Zamaldelica is developing a very pleasing sweet and fruity smell to it.
Most of the lower small buds have all brown pistols and next week I'll take a sample.
Thanks everybody for all the guidance.

Attachments

• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 14
  • zam1.jpg
    zam1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 13
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 13
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 15

Azure

Update Pics

Update Pics

I looked at the lower buds' trichomes through a microscope and they need more time to mature. They have mostly clear trics with a few cloudy. Maybe another week or more for these lower buds.
The main colas still need a few weeks to finish.

101 days of flowering cycle.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Thats going to give you a nice harvest, that bud shot is a thing of beauty, nicely grown.
Tangwena

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Azure, your plants look great! Please throw in a smoke report when the time comes.
Peace

LostTribe

Premium user
I am gonna have to pop these tomorrow!

Its just gotta be man!

I fore see great things ahead.....