What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 m@lawi fem tree 10o0w

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
yup i believe dubi mentioned the Malawi having a small percentage of a purple pheno

the purple malawi,is the only malawi with no nanners i had.
the first days of this grow i asked dubi about this plant...
i thought i make mistake with the seeds but i didnt.
very unique structrure,smell and color..she is more fast then
the other malawis i grew.
the buds are hard and solid like skunk weed and the tiny buds she
has are full of foxtails..

after a long trip with malawi the only think i care is the quality...
next months i will enjoy my buds and think what i was
gonna grow next year..the only sure i knew is that i will follow
the ACE line for the next years..

thanks all:huggg:

Last edited:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
good day all:biggrin:

i put my weed yesterday in jars...

the bush gived me 560g smokable buds and 60g very airy corn buds

the tree 630g and 20g..
and the purple malawi 120g..

im happy with the results and im waiting for the cure..
i smoked some and i found the malawi with no taste at all
and no smell...smells like weed but not intense or strong.maybe is early yet..
about the high is early to speak,but definately has something pcycedelic in it..
saturday night we smoked 4 joins with 2 friends and we had
a different experience.the high is unique and probably we never
felt like this before..
in a couple weeks i will have some better-clear opinion about
malawi..:tiphat:

Last edited:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
one more think that i didnt mention is that my buds was
hanging 5 days...lately we have high temps and the drying procces
was shorter..usually i hanging my buds more then a week..
any thoughts?

N

NoSocSlic

I think they should be fine, as long as you got them in jars before they were too dry to cure. I had a similar problem this winter. The RH in my area was around 20% and my plant dried very quickly. I caught it before all was lost and after 2 weeks in the jar they tasted just fine. Didn't seem to lose much of the taste.

R

rüdiger

'the high is unique and probably we never
felt like this before..'
:dance013:

'the bush gived me 560g smokable buds and 60g very airy corn buds

the tree 630g and 20g..
and the purple malawi 120g..'
:biggrin:

enjoy my friend:tiphat:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
thanks my friends:biggrin:

how long malawi needs to cure??

also i wannna ask..i put my buds in the jars almost dry..
i wanted more ΡΗ in my buds,now its gone..
can i do something or i fucked the curing procress completely?

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Tjo, do not add anything, just put it in jars and keep it in the dark and let it cure. In three months it'll be better, at 6 months even better.
Hopefully not too dry, but there's always a little humidity left in the stems.

if those stems r bone dry then it really has an effect of the end result. at 3 months cure, u want to be able to take the buds out and hav them still be fresh with the right amount of moisture, not bone crispy

komboloi

Tjo, do not add anything, just put it in jars and keep it in the dark and let it cure. In three months it'll be better, at 6 months even better.
Hopefully not too dry, but there's always a little humidity left in the stems.

This is bad advice in my humble opinion, because it doesn't take into account your specific situation.

It's good advice if your buds are perfectly ready for a long sealed cure. But you can't just let buds sit sealed up in the dark for 3-6 months without checking them. The bud has to be completely and totally cured to the perfect RH before just leaving it alone like that. Otherwise you've got over-dried or wet buds sitting for months unobserved. Very bad idea. You could easily end up with crispy dusty unsmokeable buds or moldy unsmokeable buds.

So what to do now in your case? You think you might have over dried them but aren't sure. My advice: Jar them and find out.

If you put your buds into jars just before they were very dry: You are fine. If you then close the jars, the buds will even out the moisture over the next 48 hours, and you can judge better how dry your buds are.

[If you put them into jars and they are still super dry after 48 hours, you over dried them and have to recover. See below]

Then, using the jars and the lids, keep the buds mostly dry but not completely dry by sealing and unsealing. It's a daily effort, or even twice-daily, but you only have to do it for a couple three weeks.

Consider also Boveda Humidipaks, which keep cured bud at a pretty steady 60% RH. The package says 62%, but I've done a lot of measuring, and it's 60% RH for the 62% RH Boveda packs.

If you over dried them, all you can do is rehydrate them with fan leaves, lettuce leaves, apple slices, or whatever. I know most people will say that it's a waste of time to try to resuscitate dried out weed, but my extensive experience is that this is incorrect. THC seems to degrade over time, but not by drying and rehydrating. It's not ideal, but I've successfully rehydrated 3 year old bud with apple slices. You can't bring back potency after 3 years, but the flavor and texture are as good as you'll get with 3 year old weed.

So: 1. If you can still recover the cure by sealing the buds up now and burping to cure, do it.

2. If you've over-dried your buds, don't fret. Just rehydrate them and continue the cure. Or if you do decide you've wasted your time, send your buds to me.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
If my bud gets too dry I put a Water Pillow in the jar for a few days. Checking daily for moisture content.

Caution::: The water pillow can't be left in the jar unattended, as it takes the RH to 62% and that's too much. I like to be at 55-60% for the long term cure. After 6 months or so it all gets stored in the Deep Freeze to preserve it's potency.

Upon thawing it takes a day or so for the smells to return. I only keep a 1 cup jar on the table, or several in the Frig..... lol ... But just one of each strain.

komboloi

good day all:biggrin:

i put my weed yesterday in jars...

the bush gived me 560g smokable buds and 60g very airy corn buds

the tree 630g and 20g..
and the purple malawi 120g..

im happy with the results and im waiting for the cure..
i smoked some and i found the malawi with no taste at all
and no smell...smells like weed but not intense or strong.maybe is early yet..
about the high is early to speak,but definately has something pcycedelic in it..
saturday night we smoked 4 joins with 2 friends and we had
a different experience.the high is unique and probably we never
felt like this before..
in a couple weeks i will have some better-clear opinion about
malawi..:tiphat:

Congratulations on a fine grow, tjo! I thought it was just one plant. Three?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing cycle, tjo :) Your diary really shows how to grow malawi indoors in SCROG almost to perfection!

I'm sure it will help a lot of growers to learn better how to grow this kind of sativas indoors. Some growers are afraid to grow long flowering sativas indoors, but your experience demonstrates that can be done and that the extra flowering time many times means extra yield, and in case of malawi, extra potency too.

I'm surprised your females showed bananas in late flowering. We at ACE have just finished a malawi reproduction and we have only found one female showing a few unfertile bananas. Have you seen any sign of pollination in your plants ?

Your green taller malawis really look like the killer phenotype. I'm also glad you found the more elusive purple phenotype.

Our Malawi line has been bred mainly for vigour, yield, resin production and potency, the taste was a secondary trait to improve although we are now finding very tasty malawi plants in the latest generations that will improve the line in that sense, but they are usually not so powerful like the killer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your diary! :yes:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Congratulations on a fine grow, tjo! I thought it was just one plant. Three?

thanks a lot my friend kompoloi
biggrin.gif

the bush was 1 plant.. i didnt post my entire grow
for security reasons.
i had 4 malawi and 3 x600s hps...
2 rows ..1 row with 3 plants and 1 row with the bush i posted..
all my malawis was super excellent plants.
tiphat.gif

Amazing cycle, tjo :) Your diary really shows how to grow malawi indoors in SCROG almost to perfection!

I'm sure it will help a lot of growers to learn better how to grow this kind of sativas indoors. Some growers are afraid to grow long flowering sativas indoors, but your experience demonstrates that can be done and that the extra flowering time many times means extra yield, and in case of malawi, extra potency too.

I'm surprised your females showed bananas in late flowering. We at ACE have just finished a malawi reproduction and we have only found one female showing a few unfertile bananas. Have you seen any sign of pollination in your plants ?

Your green taller malawis really look like the killer phenotype. I'm also glad you found the more elusive purple phenotype.

Our Malawi line has been bred mainly for vigour, yield, resin production and potency, the taste was a secondary trait to improve although we are now finding very tasty malawi plants in the latest generations that will improve the line in that sense, but they are usually not so powerful like the killer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your diary! :yes:

thanks man Dubi..if i dont changed the bucket then you could
speak about perfection..
this grow has almost all the ways of training..i needed the screen
especcially when i realized that i have a pure sativa in my garden..
so many stretch i ve never seen before.almost 50 days.wow!!
i suggest malawi to everyone wants something really potent
and energetic at the same time..also malawi has a great
value in the terms of yield..nice colas and buds everywhere..

g/w is easy with this strain
i had not pollitation,only the bananas..propably my bananas
are from heat stress that come from my cool tubes..i had problem
with the ventilation and i didnt notice that. the extra heat from
outside cause bananas..this is my humble opinion.

the green taller malawi is not killer..yet! the bush is killing me
from now on.. the purple malawi is very very energetic and has
nice smell and taste..

i will do smoke report in a couple weeks..

THANKS ALL :huggg:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ibeenaround,

Reproduction means to produce more fresh stock, from already selected parental plants or from new selections from seed. In case of last recent malawi reproduction it was a mix of both, the best old parental plants and the new good individuals from seed were all pollinated to produce fresh stock and to progress with its breeding.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hi all
about 2 months of curing...
is very difficult to do smoke report about this wonderfull strain
in english because i dont have the writing skills ..
malawi is so great and i feel like i found gold!!!
strong without stone,head so clear and eyes not closed...
after a 15-35 minutes of strong influence,malawi comes with energy
in my mind and im not on my cough any more..i do works without buzz in my head:biggrin:
perfect for all circumstances and lasts hours...
finally i smoke less then ever and im high but not stoned...
has no ceiling and if i smoke some more WOW this word is enough!
the only neg is the smell and the taste but it doesnt matter
because the power is all i want from this strain!
also i had great smell with the #2 purple elusive pheno but
unfortunately is not strong like the sisters.

i wanna thanks Dubi and all the membes for the support i had here
and ESPECIALLY RUDIGER..

i missed you friend and your tiny super plants!:huggg:
come back!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts