What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Legalcdn

The megacrop two part, you will run it the same as Jacks? Same ratios so the 3-2-1 would be the same.

Tikal will have some beautiful peach smells from the description.

Humple W.

The megacrop two part, you will run it the same as Jacks? Same ratios so the 3-2-1 would be the same.

Tikal will have some beautiful peach smells from the description.

Honestly, I haven't started using the 2-part yet. I find the 1-part to be working great for veg, so I'm just riding it out for now! I've never used Jack's, but a ratio recommended to me for the Mega Crop 2-part (5-12-26:15.5-0-0) was 1:1 for veg, and 2:1 for flower.

Cactus Squatter

dubi, any idea when more Tikal Regular seeds will be available again?
I snagged a few packs of the fems a little while back and have them planned for my next run, but a friend of mine wants to run a bunch of them searching for “Strawberry” smelling plants.
How frequent is the strawberry smell now that it’s been worked more towards the peach?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cactus Squatter thanks for your interest. Last Tikal regular stock is still available on our website: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/tikalstd.html

And i think you still will be able to find regular and fem stock through our official retailers.

It's reaching the moment to work on new Tikal selections and reproductions, probably next year although nothing fully decided yet.

Cactus Squatter

Hi Cactus Squatter thanks for your interest. Last Tikal regular stock is still available on our website: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/tikalstd.html

And i think you still will be able to find regular and fem stock through our official retailers.

It's reaching the moment to work on new Tikal selections and reproductions, probably next year although nothing fully decided yet.

He’s in the US so can’t order direct. Real Gorilla is out of stock currently and is the normal channel for us. I’ll check some of the other seed places and see if I can find him some.

I’m stoked to see what future Tikal breedings bring.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lebanizer,

Tikal odor strength in flowering is usually slight-moderate compared with Skunks or heavy smelling modern Afghani strains.

Boss Cocky

Sounds nice but what about the smell ? will it stink or does it have a stealthy smell ?

Hey Leb,
I ran two Tikal females from reg freebies about 4 years ago i think. Terps were not intense at all when compared to Panama, Zamaldelica, Malawi, Killer A5 and Orient Express.

They actually woke me up to the idea that Ganja need not be super terpie to be great.

The more intense and refined terps were to be found in the fems at that stage. I suspect this is still the case.

Tikal has a beautiful energetic but calm, warm and grounded effect, with an energy that I describe as more forward than up.

Going without a carbon filter is risky and there are no guarantees they won't be too stinky but Tikal should be a reasonable candidate.

Lebanizer

Cactus Squatter and Boss Cocky, thanks guys it's very kind of you. Quite appreciated.

From all the strains you've mentionned Boss Cocky I'm only familiar with Panama and Orient Express. My experience is that overall sativas have fainter smells than so called indicas à la Mazar-i shariff etc which can really stink up a place... But there are gradients in "faint". Based on my personnal experience, I'd say that OE was quite smelly especially considering that there were much compacter plants than Panama. More recently I've grown Tikal x Honduras and smell wise it was fainter than Panama I'd say. My concern with Tikal is that it has a bigger proportion of Kush genes in it which is why I'm a bit wary.

Also great comment about the Tikal high. Ace description of "Warm sativa experience of mind and body, without agitation or anxiety." was always very enticing to me as it's exactly what I'm looking for. Your comment reinforced that so I'm looking forward to trying it this year.

Cactus Squatter

C03B3757-4965-4179-BD19-9E8279F5B365.jpeg
3 weeks of 12/12. Very little smell to her. Stem rub is just faint weed smell and maybe some sweetness to it. Maybe I have leftover candy coating on my fingers. Who knows.
Super branchy. Super super branchy. I trimmed a bunch off of her and she still needs a little more. Very good structure so far and very easy to bend for LST.

Ravel

Could this be a potassium deficiency?

My other pheno is very healthy despite being given the exact same treatment. The one in the pictures has an amazing piff/uptown haze incense kind of smell, so I'd really like to keep her alive!

The leaves look healthier as you go up, but even the more recent ones have a whitish hue to the tips of the leaves.

FF Happy Frog
pHed water (have fed no nutes so far)
About 3 feet underneath a COB

(I know it's in need of a transplant)

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo2116229.png
    photo2116229.png
    503 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2116230.jpg
    photo2116230.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 45