What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

ipchains

Hi Ilan,

It's really hard to guesstimate actual PPFD by just watts/square number without PAR/watts or J/W parameter, but in general we've also observed prolonged flowering times (roughly 10-15 days for 12-14 week Sativas) when switching from 750umol/s m2 to 1000-1050umol/s m2 two years ago - changed 3k Gen5 Citizens to 3.5k Gen4 Luminus CXM22s. Back than I was inclined to think prolonged flowering times were caused by light temperature change from 3k to 3.5k but now I'm not exactly sure. :biggrin:

Cheers,

B

Benny106

Does anyone else get the violet notes in the panama? With no doubt i find it absolutely delightful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilan

Hi ipchains,
from my rough guesstimate I got about ~2000 umol/s m2, may space is very small, but I try to spread the light vertically by pruning some top leaf. I guess the plants don't have any reason to stop flowering :)
I didn't consider the temperature, I have a mix if purple and warm white LEDS.
But Panama is known for its reflowering, didn't have this with other pure sativa like Hondurans and Purple haze Malawi.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Reflowering

Reflowering

Panama will reflower, and reflower in some phenos. I've had nearly done buds send out new shoots to start flowering. ACE recommends reducing your light cycle to 11/13 or even less to help signal that it's time to finish.

Great looking bud.

Humple W.

My long-awaited Panamanian Adventure finally begins!

Attachments

• 0118211108.jpg
    0118211108.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 0118211206.jpg
    0118211206.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 29

-Rioht-

Trimmed up my dried harvest today, and am blown away.

This is my first Ace seeds run and I couldn't be happier with the results. The plants were super healthy the whole run and only had a bit of calcium deficiency and then some slight nute burn later in flower. Otherwise no pests, no mold, no ph issues and only one pair of nanners found which must have happened very late as there are no seeds.

These were very easy to work with for training, and with some topping and LST I was able to maintain these monsters in my 2x3 tent (only 60" height) under a 250w LED light.

Produced the biggest colas i have ever grown and doubled the previous yield for this tent. I am officially in the half pound growers club :jump:.

I seem to have 2 phenos, one that was a bit shorter and produced smaller buds smelling more of a sweet lemon and the other 2 plants were bigger and produced massive colas, smelling more gassy, almost a wood stain level of smell. Very intense smells.

And the resin, wow. The buds almost melt when I put them in a pile they are so sticky.

Props to dubi and Ace seeds, super happy with these seeds!

Details:
Medium: Coco, perlite, compost
Nutrients: Gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-4-8 dry amendments and then some GH flora trio at half strength (would just stick with the dry amendments)
Environment: indoors, 2x3 tent
Light: 250w LED
Yield: 243g's
Pots: 5 gallon SIP buckets

Included some pics of the plants preharvest, the harvest and some prize nugs.

Attachments

• 20210115_071232.jpg
    20210115_071232.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-20210115-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20210115-WA0006.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210120_221219.jpg
    20210120_221219.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210120_221246.jpg
    20210120_221246.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210120_221254.jpg
    20210120_221254.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210120_201806.jpg
    20210120_201806.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 79

HasjDreamer

First time grow!

First time grow!

First grow! Put these 5 Panama gals in flower mode (11/13) three days ago. Using Lotus nutes heavy handed and she went from using under 10 gallons to almost 15 per week. 1050w LED in a 4x4 tent. Have Ace Malawi on tap for the next run!

Attachments

• 0563AEF5-1CB3-4944-BACF-2ABB79D99012.jpg
    0563AEF5-1CB3-4944-BACF-2ABB79D99012.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 27

browntrout

Veteran
Dubi, is there any indica adulteration in the Panama freebies? I had a male that showed preflowers early on with much fatter leaves than the other two. Stem rub reminded me slightly of PCK. Or perhaps there are some more indica leaves among the Panama line?

HasjDreamer

Dubi, is there any indica adulteration in the Panama freebies? I had a male that showed preflowers early on with much fatter leaves than the other two. Stem rub reminded me slightly of PCK. Or perhaps there are some more indica leaves among the Panama line?

This is literately my first grow so I have ZERO experience but when my (5) Panama females were young one had distinctively broader leaves than the others but as they matured to week 2 of budding they all pretty much look alike!

ColaCalyx

Getting excited for this next season as I'll be growing out my first pollen chuck.. My friend and I wanted to do a cross using two different chemovars of Panama Red. I just provided the Ace seeds,, he's doing the rest all indoors(super good deal for me lol). He selected an Ace seeds female that smells like lime zest and carrot peel, that is super chunky and resinous, crossed with a mutant Coastal seeds Panama Red male. What is interesting is the different chemotypes. Ace has high THC/CBG and Coastal has high CBD/CBG and according to the breeder, it has THCv in the populations that express more frequently in the mutant outliers (hence his choice in male). Hoping for lots of hybrid vigor and a terpene/cannabinoid salad.

Last edited:

-Rioht-

Getting excited for this next season as I'll be growing out my first pollen chuck.. My friend and I wanted to do a cross using two different chemovars of Panama Red. I just provided the Ace seeds,, he's doing the rest all indoors(super good deal for me lol). He selected an Ace seeds female that smells like lime zest and carrot peel, that is super chunky and resinous, crossed with a mutant Coastal seeds Panama Red male. What is interesting is the different chemotypes. Ace has high THC/CBG and Coastal has high CBD/CBG and according to the breeder, it has THCv in the populations that express more frequently in the mutant outliers (hence his choice in male). Hoping for lots of hybrid vigor and a terpene/cannabinoid salad.

Were those seeds from pacific seed bank by chance?

Humple W.

Just flipped these two Panama to flower on Sunday. Sadly, I lost one of the three I planted (got turned around in the root plug and grew sideways - didn't catch it in time to save it), but shit happens. These girls are happy and healthy. This will be the third Ace cultivar I've run, with more coming up in the schedule (KA5H is next, unless I change my mind at the last minute and plant Tikal or Thai Chi instead).

(The third bucket in the tent will have one Eros from M.O.B., provided the one I have going proves to be a female. May not grow well together, but what the hell, it's worth a shot.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210324_172647275.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	17814247

browntrout

Veteran
Panama Reg freebie. Fully seeded with Guerilla Gold #2 semi-auto pollen. Definitely high in terpinolene, south African smell with sharp skunk spray/permanent marker top and slight lime bottom end. Downright slimey with resin, your fingers feel like lightweight oil rubbing together after touching, before they stop and stick to one another that is.

Although I’m not a huge fan of terpinolene, this is some great work by the Ace guys. Curious too see if any incense traits come out after drying and hybridization.

Attachments

• 02667592-50C6-4D0B-A4D2-A523FA4DA98C.jpeg
    02667592-50C6-4D0B-A4D2-A523FA4DA98C.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 37

Prisma Prime

Thanks dubi and the rest of the crew of ACE for their work. This is a very vigiors Panama male which is going to be used for some (sativa polyhybrid) crosses. My first picture on ICmag has to be at ACE.

Happy growing,
Prisma

panama3.jpg

Humple W.

dubi (or anyone who's familiar with the different phenos in this line), do the red and green phenos manifest the same morphology/structure?