This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skoviik View Post
    the neverending wait...from may to sept in a flash, october is cca 3 months long...

​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_163804.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	17957322
    I know the feeling!.

Comment

Originally posted by El Quijote View Post

Buenas las Panamá también las germinastes en julio ?
      No, se germinaron a principios de Junio más o menos...

Comment

Anyone else notice caterpillars seem to prefer the Panama over other strains? They’re the only plants in the garden with them and they’re getting absolutely hammered.

They also currently smell the best out of everything in the garden.

Comment

8 weeks 12/12

keeper #1

Name:	1.png
Views:	525
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	17959683

Name:	2.png
Views:	521
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	17959684

Name:	2-1.png
Views:	523
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	17959685

Name:	2-2.png
Views:	522
Size:	530.8 KB
ID:	17959686
          keeper #2

Name:	3.png
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	17959687

Name:	4.png
Size:	500.6 KB
ID:	17959688
          random pheno

Name:	5.png
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	17959689
          having some issues with nutes but they are growing
          trust, hope & love - rich even not wealthy - real life sloth - enlightened during born or before that

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus Squatter View Post
            Anyone else notice caterpillars seem to prefer the Panama over other strains? They’re the only plants in the garden with them and they’re getting absolutely hammered.

Nope, I noticed nothing irregular regarding caterpillars with my panamas. Though I can't remember I ever had problems with caterpillars and ganja. Do you have any photos of these caterpillars?

Heavy winds with heavy rain have made my panamas lean real low and almost uprooted them. If they survive tonight and tommorow morning then they should be just fine. No point in picking them up since they could break off of the root. When the wind will die down they'll pick themselves up.

Name:	20211007_093511.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	17960968

Comment

Originally posted by skoviik View Post

Nope, I noticed nothing irregular regarding caterpillars with my panamas. Though I can't remember I ever had problems with caterpillars and ganja. Do you have any photos of these caterpillars?

Heavy winds with heavy rain have made my panamas lean real low and almost uprooted them. If they survive tonight and tommorow morning then they should be just fine. No point in picking them up since they could break off of the root. When the wind will die down they'll pick themselves up.

Name:	20211007_093511.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	17960968

next one I find I’ll snap a photo. I find them by either seeing black balls on the leaves, or damaged spots on the flower. I follow them in and boom, trail of caterpillar poop and then a chubby green bastard gorging away boring tunnels through the buds.

It had been only the Panamas, but they seem to have found a KA5H as well that I discovered this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus Squatter View Post
                Anyone else notice caterpillars seem to prefer the Panama over other strains? They’re the only plants in the garden with them and they’re gettibsolutely hammered.

I've noticed in the past the caterpillars prefer the most fragrant plants, absolute nightmare as they seem to get stuck and die, this then attracts mites (does anyone know if it's the same mites that attack dead insects and plants)? This then creates a spot for mold to fester which will quickly ruin the whole branch if not spotted early.

In my country it's the tiny black catipillar that turn into the tiny moths.

Comment

Name:	002A878C-4C12-41F5-A92B-FEA63248F70B.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	17961094Click image for larger version

Name:	432D634B-E50F-4F5E-A7C2-4672B8AA6AE7.jpeg
Views:	380
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	17961093Click image for larger version

Name:	23E9F6B5-9E7B-44EF-94FE-79799F9DA891.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	17961092skoviik , here’s a shot of one and the damage it did to my Panama. You can see the little tunnel I pulled it out of. They eat the insides where the Bud attaches and large sections just dry and either fall off or try and mold if not caught.

Comment

I feel with you. Caterpillars were a total nightmare with our kale last year, they killed almost all of it. My wife and I spent hours and hours picking them off for weeks. Hundreds from the white butterflies. Whenever we thought we had absolutely all of them there were more just a couple days later. Definitely need some fine netting the next time.

Comment

Cactus Squatter those filthy caterpillars. I feel you too and I hope you will be able to harvest as much as possible. Sadly I don't have any quick solution for you :( Egg spotting is probably the best, maybe someone knows if you could sprinkle them with something (I don't use anything so I don't know anything about that, maybe it's also too late for that).
                      Could your caterpillar be a cabbage moth? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_moth

I always strive to have an ugly garden full of weeds. I do not like to plant monocultures, I always mix plants (onions with carrots , beans and corn, beans and beat etc...) In polycultures, especially if you have lots of other flowers, the pest find it harder to find your plants, spend more energy on searching rather than on reproducing. It may look ugly because of all the weeds but the end result, the yield is the same. In outdoor gardening, be it ganja or other plants, I believe that biodiversity is always the foundation of success.

Comment

Mmmmm, sweet Panama goodness. She smells amazing right now.
                        had Click image for larger version  Name:	903BDE5A-2F64-4E66-8530-A2FF74CBA86C.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	17965969 a little “mud rain” last night that unfortunately left some deposits on them, but overall looking killer.
                        Last edited by Cactus Squatter; 10-13-2021, 23:45.

Comment

Un par de Panamás.

Olor muy intenso a limón con tonos dulces. Nunca defrauda, y seguramente como todos los años sea la mejor...
                          Attached Files

Comment

The forecast is looking unseasonably warm for the near future, which is quite a blessing! Wonder if she'll actually have a chance to finish...

Name:	100.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	17966614

Comment

Humple W. could be...IMHO even if she doesn't finish, she's still ripe enough to be an excellent smoke. She look beautiful, can smell her throuhg my screen🤩

We've had interesting weather to say at least. Since the end of september we've had rain (max 3 days in a row, otherways every other day, at night), we've had strong winds, strong winds with strong rain and now when the rain finaly stopped it's gotten effin freezing. The last three mornings were frosty, clear windless skies at night. Today morning we had -3 celsius, yesterday and the day before 0 and -1.
                              I think my panamas are taking this adverstiy like champions. Not a spot of botrytis, not a spot of powder mildew. Strong winds were a blessing in disguise, drying the plants and air quickly after the rains. This morning freezed lot of other plants (corn, zuchinni etc.) but panamas only had some withered fan leaves, one banghi haze was a little bit more withered and had a couple of tiny spots of botrytis.
                              A dry spell of weather with sunshine is predicted for the next 7 days but morning temperatures are still predicted to be from 2-5 (maybe less) and day temperatures around 15-20.
                              So I went by the "better a sparrow in a hand than a pigeon on a roof" policy and harvested the most advanced panama and the most withered banghi haze.
                              Panama is truely a remarkably sturdy and stress resistent strain. I would say maybe even more resistent than banghi haze (at least these plants, for my spot , for this year)

These pics are from today

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_160900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	17966761Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_160529.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	17966762Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_161036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.4 KB ID:	17966763
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_160757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.2 KB ID:	17966757Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_160950.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.3 KB ID:	17966758Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_160538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	17966759Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_161050.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	17966760

Comment

The weather in your area was worse than I´ve experienced it here Skoviik. It´s good to know that Panama seems to be that resistant. Your buds are looking ripe for my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X