What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are always welcome here star crash :wave:

Hi Azn00superman, overcrowded small indoor gardens will always produce stretchier and taller plants than usual with the branches looking for light. Try to rotate frequently the plants to improve light penetration. Bangi Haze stops to stretch after this point of flowering so i think it was not needed to lower down photoperiod so drastically, in fact Bangi Haze flowers perfectly with 12/12 photoperiod. Looking very healthy, they should start to bulk up in flower production from now onwards.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Grover Sativa ;) Glad you are enjoying with the uplifting qualities of Bangi Haze during the day and for activities, nowadays Bangi Haze performs best in hybrids like Panama x Bangi Haze or Bangi Haze x Ethiopian (knowing your tastes i'm sure you are going to love this old limited edition), although for breeding Bangi Haze is more relevant than ever due to the stability achieved in its latest breeding generations.

Cleaned8272727

You are always welcome here star crash :wave:

Hi Azn00superman, overcrowded small indoor gardens will always produce stretchier and taller plants than usual with the branches looking for light. Try to rotate frequently the plants to improve light penetration. Bangi Haze stops to stretch after this point of flowering so i think it was not needed to lower down photoperiod so drastically, in fact Bangi Haze flowers perfectly with 12/12 photoperiod. Looking very healthy, they should start to bulk up in flower production from now onwards.

Yeah I wish I'd gone with one plant per tent instead but this is my first sativa grow so live and learn I guess lol.

Cleaned8272727

picture.php

Bangi Haze tent full jungle mode. Stretching has definitely stopped and the buds are thickening up. Strategic defoliation is necessary to ensure even light distribution.
Air flow might be a problem comes late flowering though.

Bangi Haze #1 bud

picture.php

Bangi Haze #2 bud

picture.php

Cleaned8272727

I know Bangi Haze has plenty of smoke reports already but here's my very early experience with Bangi Haze.

I plucked one bud that grew too close to the light. It's on week 5 and full of white pistils. I'd never grown a sativa before so when I read that Bangi Haze had racy effects I could only use imagination. The purpose of this sampling is to feel the effects, I know it's too early to judge the potency.

picture.php

Literally pulled it off the stem, dried it half an hour in a food dehydrator. Ground it up whiel it's still wet. So more or less a very rough bud.

First thing I noticed was the numbness/heaviness to the face. Then came rapid heartbeat and a sense of anxiety like something is stressing me out. This quickly goes away, replaced by an incredible feeling of mental wellness. The effect is so clear and upbeat, I remembered passing my plants and feeling a deep sense of appreciation for them. Then as I did some chores I turned on music. Goddamn music is A++ when high on Bangi Haze. I think Thai Bliss said in this thread that Bangi Haze enhances auditory perception. Again I cannot judge the full effect on a 5 week, hardly dried bud, but I think he is right. Music is amazing. There was one song that made me feel like diving into the cool ocean and it was indescribable. Pure bliss.

PS: I've mostly smoked indica hybrids so your mileage may vary, but I love this strain already. You cannot get bored of this effect, it's so happy and upbeat and I'm embarrassed to admit that immediately after finishing this sample, I've shamefully pulled another to "test" and my wife isn't even complaining about it.

Thanks dubi and Ace for this amazing work.

Cleaned8272727

The second Bangi Haze despite being one week more advanced in flower produced a similar but weaker high than BH #1. Of course this means nothing as the buds are mostly pistils. I have no choice but play the patience game again.

'Boogieman'

The second Bangi Haze despite being one week more advanced in flower produced a similar but weaker high than BH #1. Of course this means nothing as the buds are mostly pistils. I have no choice but play the patience game again.

I often pick some early buds on my outdoor that way I can smoke while the majority dries. I'm going to bet the better early sample will prove its the more potent once done.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Azn00superman :) Glad to hear you are enjoying with your early harvested tester Bangi Haze bud! The initial electric effects with such blissful, sensorial and uplifting development is signature psychoactivity of strong, good and complex sativas. You are going to enjoy her even more when she is more ripe after 9 weeks of flowering. Thanks a lot for your early feedback!

Wonderful FletchF.Fletch ;) Your Bangi Haze buds look VERY promising, really nice pheno and perfectly grown :yes: Eager to follow her ripening!

Legalcdn

Bangi haze F8. Week 8 of flower. Chopped at week 10. Been curing 2 weeks.

My personal best harvest. It shared 220w LEDs with malawi.

BH: 265 grams (just over 9oz). Malawi produced about 7oz.
2 plants, 1.95GPW.

I pollinated 1 BH branch and produced some nice F9 BH.

I pollinated the malawi with BH so now i have p4 malawi x f8 bangi haze. Bangawi or maybe Malangi haze.

Smoke report: clean, uplifting, thought provoking. It stirs the mind and is excellent for getting things done.

Smell was oily/musky turning to onions. Now it is turning to floral.

Easiest and most forgiving plant. Great genetics.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the final feedback on your grow Legalcdn!

Glad you have had such a good yield and outcome with Bangi Haze and Malawi, happy to hear you also produced some interesting seeds with them, a cross between Malawi and Bangi Haze is not somthing before have explored yet.

Wish you enjoy your well deserved harvest, please keep us updated with a smoke report after curing! :yes:

Legalcdn

After 5 weeks of curing, the bangi is an excellent daytime high. I had feedback from lots of people with same opinion.

not the strongest, but great overall.

I found out my last bangi haze and malawi had extreme ppm of 2000ish (my fault) Malawi suffered, bangi took it like a champion.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
thought i’d post results of my 4 BH ladies grow.
these were grown ID under 11/13 natural sun, via east- and west-facing windows.
we had two sept. weeks of highly overcast skies due to wildfire smoke,
and i think this lead to faster flowering times. the double jam also finished fast.

two of the BH were from the pre-‘12 days, before dubi cleaned up the line,
and two were from the first line of improvement he did on/after ‘12
(i think there were 1-2 more lines of inbreeding to get them to where they are today).
the two pre12s were interesting: both were narrow-leaved thru their whole existence,
and very branchy with long INL, but where they differed initially was in the level of blush
on the leaf stem. one pre12 (below) had the most of the four, and the other pre12 had practically none.

fetch?photoid=17631350.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17631350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	17801591

i didn’t know which side of the cross the blush came from, or even if it was related to that. the two post12s’ blush were halfway between the two extremes of the pre12s, and their plant structures were very columnar.

about a week after harvest, with the plants trimmed down to a few buds for re-vegging, the aromas became more specific: the pre12 with no stem blush was now very incense smelling (i.e., the nepalese), and the pre12 with the most blush was purely very “sour” smelling. this cut eventually became the keeper. (and is soon being reflowered to receive some cbg durban pollen from plants being launched)

under 11/13 light sched all four finished in 7wks. i took a sample nug to air-dry from the eventual keeper at 6wks (no amber trichs at all), and a vaping of it 6dys later gave classic sativa effects of tight shoulder-, neck-, and jaw-muscles; along with motivation. i then went to look at the plant, tight-jawed, and a few ambers had begun to make their appearance, only a week after i harvested that sample... fast flowering plants! esp. under 11/13.

samples of the harvested keeper plant at weekly intervals had lost their electricity, clarity and jaw-tightening effects. it wasn’t until around 12wks cure after harvest that her high turned around into something quite green haze-like... that kind of clear, cerebral, trippy euphoria. no muscle-tightening.

her aromas vary, but “general sour”, specific lemon, and most surprisingly, metal shop (sometimes strongly dominating;
and maybe in the high-note ‘hood of the expected anise), are the most defining. the keeper BH in reveg...

fetch?photoid=17671294.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17671294.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	17801592

the two (highly consistent) post12 girls seemed like better integrations of the two parent lines,
but these two were less clean/euphoric, and the buds a little too leafy, compared to the keeper;
but i liked their taste/high better than the nepal-leaning pre12.

saludos

EDIT (april 22)
early start of a cross made using the keeper bangi above...
fetch?photoid=17839205.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17839205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.3 KB ID:	17839207

...and this “chocolate rain” (e$kob@r’s “chocolope x cocoa kush” cross) male...
fetch?photoid=17631350.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17631350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.3 KB ID:	17801591

he had orange creamsicle and
pencil eraser/fuel aromas.
his name was robert paulson.

it will be interesting to see if the BH ends up dominating the cross.
lowf

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Plants have been down for a while now. Smoke is so good. Great flavor, and a Fantastic buzz. This is my favorite launch yourself into a productive Day weed. Plants were very productive, uniform, and easy to grow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much for your positive feedback Legalcdn and FletchF.Fletch :)
Pleased to hear you are satisfied with the motivating Bangi Haze effects.

Thanks also for sharing your opinion LowFalutin regardless your selected girl is prior or post to my efforts with the strain, i'm very happy you found a BH with the effects you were looking for ;)

orangina

Veteran
...and this “chocolate rain” (e$kob@r’s “chocolope x cocoa kush” cross) male...

he had orange creamsicle and
pencil eraser/fuel aromas.
his name was robert paulson.

it will be interesting to see if the BH ends up dominating the cross.
lowf

Wow that sounds like a cool cross!
Would be happy to know how it turned out..

CheersO

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Wow that sounds like a cool cross!
Would be happy to know how it turned out..
CheersO
thanks orangina. i hope it turns out so.
the plant’s still vegging along, being lit by natural sunlight thru windows/doors.
it’s still unsexed, but things should start moving along since we’re past solstice.
EDIT: it’s a she :ENDEDIT
2 of 5 of a (double jam x same choc rain male) cross have shown female a few days ago.

this single bangi-rain growing is from my more clean/cerebral/uplifting bangi keeper…
(its re-veg is already beginning to put out pistils)
but i’ve got seeds from a more electric bangi pheno that i didn’t keep, which i’m looking
forward to checking out, that may offer a better balance with the choc rain’s characteristics.
must… keep… experimenting. :)

saludos,
lowf

orangina

Veteran
thanks orangina. i hope it turns out so.
the plant’s still vegging along, being lit by natural sunlight thru windows/doors.
it’s still unsexed, but things should start moving along since we’re past solstice.
2 of 5 of a (double jam x same choc rain male) cross have shown female a few days ago.

this single bangi-rain growing is from my more clean/cerebral/uplifting bangi keeper…
(its re-veg is already beginning to put out pistils)
but i’ve got seeds from a more electric bangi pheno that i didn’t keep, which i’m looking
forward to checking out, that may offer a better balance with the choc rain’s characteristics.
must… keep… experimenting. :)

saludos,
lowf

Cool, sounds like you have a little Chocolate Rain project running. I would love to try an electric BangieHaze x ChocolateRain, same goes for the double jam. I heard some good things of the DJ but missed out on the seed release.

CheersO