What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

paisajedehierba

Hello,
I want to share my first steps with Zamaldelica Breeders pack. I have started 2x Zam A 75% (one has turned out to be a male the other hasn`t germinated), 2x Double Zam 75% (one female, one male) and 2x Zam Elite F1xF2 (two females).

Zam A 75% will polinate one Zamaldelica Elite F1xF2 and also an Auto Zamaledica cross I did my self last autumn and winter indoors (Auto Zam) x (Auto Zam x GT 3). Internode lenght is very short. Next time I will add pictures of the A Zam 75% male.

Double Zam 75% female is showing semi auto behavior flowering under 15 hours light 9 hours dark after 6 weeks and is well branched (Purple Zamal leaning). Internode length short to medium. It will be polinated by an Auto Zam x GT 3 (F2), if I can find a autoflowering male of this cross or by (Auto Zam) x (Auto Zam x GT 3). The female plant will thrive until first frosts in the forest glade. I am sure I can´t harvest ripe weed but surely ripe seeds of it! The male is not branchy (Mhong Thai leaning?) and not semi autoflowering. It has showen sex after 10 days 11/13 light/dark indoors.

One Zam Elite (F1xF2) female will be polinated by Zam A 75% and the other by (Auto Zam) x (Auto Zam x GT 3). Both are showing branchy growth an short internode legnth. I have made one cutting from each Zam Elite (F1 x F2) that hopefully will develop roots. I want to have an outdoor harvest of ripe Zam Elite buds in early November here at 49 N.

I am a big fan of Auto Zamaldelica. I like it very much because of it´s friendly and energizing turn and those trippy (closed eyes) effects when the relaxed and dreamy phase has begun. The fruity/sweet/musky smells and taste are awsome too. Therefor it´s a very good base to develop different Zamaldelica hybrids finishing further north outdoors in late summer.

Attachments

• Pre98bkxlbl
    Pre98bkxlbl
    70.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Double Zam 75_left columnar male_right branchy female.JPG
    Double Zam 75_left columnar male_right branchy female.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Double Zam 75 semi auto female.JPG
    Double Zam 75 semi auto female.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Zam Elíte F1xF2 two branchy females.JPG
    Zam Elíte F1xF2 two branchy females.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Zam Elite F1x F2 female.JPG
    Zam Elite F1x F2 female.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • cuttings_Zam Elite (F1 x F2).JPG
    cuttings_Zam Elite (F1 x F2).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 56

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Yeah, I think "groovy" came to my mind several times, too.
FWIW, a dispensary in the area cited above that I have visited and liked also has some Zamaldelica, from a different farm:
http://evergreenhoodriver.com/menu.html
thanks for the info. a leafly search shows that farm, NW artisan (from st. helens),
has their zamald in multiple locations around oregon.
i’ll have to check their cut out, and compare it to the unique genetics’ (bandon) pheno i have here now,
which is the perfect evening sativa- tasty and groovy; or as an adjunct to some clear electric, but cool, bangi haze phenos.
oregon isn’t equitorial sativa heaven, so i imagine both farms are using the fastest-finishing zam phenos…

there’s also carts of zam concentrate (green dragon brand) to be found around here.
brave new world.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much Common Sense :kiss: What an inspired smoke report! Your description of the effects reminds a lot when i smoked Zamaldelica elite mother for the first time .... i felt so uplifted (mentally and physically) that i couldn't feel my legs or the floor, like if my body didn't weight and was levitating, with a big smile tattooed in my face and my mind flooded with clarity, expansiveness, and full of positive feelings and thoughts, then it becomes funny for me (easy laugh, sillyness) to later evolve more dreamy and psydechelic, landing relaxed at the end, but not tired.

When i'm high in the afternoons (not especifically with Zamaldelica) i also like to look through the windows and admire the light of the sunset over the fields and buildings without a single thought in mind, just the immediate marvelous insight of admiring the light and surroundings without having meanings and concepts in the mind, neither past or future.

Then when thinking process comes again i find myself thinking about universe, consciousness, life, and i feel so small and vulnerable but at the same time completely fascinated and overwhelmed by the infiniteness, power and size of the universe. The voice of my sweet daughter brings me back to Earth, then only love, wu wei and relaxation until my consciousness disappears in dreams.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much paisajedehierba for supporting Zamaldelica Breeder Pack release ;)
Lots of interesting Zamal hybrids lines in the pack, hope you find the genetics interesting and useful for your own breeding projects for your latitude.

I think a mix of Auto Zamaldelica with Zamal 75 % semi auto could be really interesting, selecting the hybrid for auto-semi auto traits that can make the hybrid finish there without much problems, and also selecting for the most tropical taller sativa expressions in structure (purple Zamal) and with Auto Zamaldelica (Zamaldelica mother elite leaning) terpenes and effects, that would be awesome and quite an achievement.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ThanksLowFalutin and Common Sense for the info, really happy to know Zamaldelica is reaching the dipensaries there :)

I wonder about their selections .... it's great if they are offering the mango carroty phenos of more energectic positive effects.
There's room for improvement on the selections if theirs tested at 16 % THC since a good Zamaldelica fem is easily over 20 %, but what i counts at the end is the effect and not the numbers.

Consolidated

420giveaway
Hi guys ,Zamaldelica buds from last season - outdoor summer '20 - .Excellent. Although at some point during the flowering I smelled mango, the final product had a clear peppery/spicy smell / taste.
It's the best herb I've tried so far ... Because it simply has personality. Unlike most hybrids of today.
Wanting to describe the effects of this herb in a few words, I would say: bright, warm hug.
As an energetic elev8r.
Thanks once again ace
Click image for larger version  Name:	20201203-161300.jpg Views:	5 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	17866358
Click image for larger version  Name:	20201203-161300.jpg Views:	5 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	17866358

Attachments

• 20201203-161300.jpg
    20201203-161300.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 38

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you Consolidated friend :huggy: It means a lot coming from you!
Beautiful tropical male, the offspring between the more tamed Zamaldelica fem version and the more tropical old regular version should produce really interesting results.
Enjoy and take care! ;)

Common Sense

Thank you so much Common Sense :kiss: What an inspired smoke report! Your description of the effects reminds a lot when i smoked Zamaldelica elite mother for the first time .... i felt so uplifted (mentally and physically) that i couldn't feel my legs or the floor, like if my body didn't weight and was levitating, with a big smile tattooed in my face and my mind flooded with clarity, expansiveness, and full of positive feelings and thoughts, then it becomes funny for me (easy laugh, sillyness) to later evolve more dreamy and psydechelic, landing relaxed at the end, but not tired.

When i'm high in the afternoons (not especifically with Zamaldelica) i also like to look through the windows and admire the light of the sunset over the fields and buildings without a single thought in mind, just the immediate marvelous insight of admiring the light and surroundings without having meanings and concepts in the mind, neither past or future.

Then when thinking process comes again i find myself thinking about universe, consciousness, life, and i feel so small and vulnerable but at the same time completely fascinated and overwhelmed by the infiniteness, power and size of the universe. The voice of my sweet daughter brings me back to Earth, then only love, wu wei and relaxation until my consciousness disappears in dreams.

Hello dubi, thanks, that poetically describes experiences I recently had in a very similar way. Sitting in my living room, looking outside the window and being fascinated by the discovery that there is a WHOLE WORLD outside my window. The tattooed smile made me laugh, just two days ago after I had some Zamaldelica and put on some good music, a big smile all the way back to my ears was literally forced on me. It happens to me from time to time when I vape, the funny difference this time was I observed it developing as it just happened and I tried to stop it but couldn't. This was on the ascending part of a high that really - but very nicely so -sent me in outer space. The already good music felt like it was made by gods. Needless to mention, it developed into a live music experience with me sitting right on stage in between all the musicians.

paisajedehierba

Thank you so much paisajedehierba for supporting Zamaldelica Breeder Pack release ;)
Lots of interesting Zamal hybrids lines in the pack, hope you find the genetics interesting and useful for your own breeding projects for your latitude.

I think a mix of Auto Zamaldelica with Zamal 75 % semi auto could be really interesting, selecting the hybrid for auto-semi auto traits that can make the hybrid finish there without much problems, and also selecting for the most tropical taller sativa expressions in structure (purple Zamal) and with Auto Zamaldelica (Zamaldelica mother elite leaning) terpenes and effects, that would be awesome and quite an achievement.

Hi Dubi,
thank you for encouragment. I will post some updates from time to time. Today I am favourably impressed of Zam A 75% flowering male ... such filligreed leafes and branching of the flowers.

Attachments

• Zam A 75% male_2.JPG
    Zam A 75% male_2.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Zam A 75% male_leafes and flowers 2.JPG
    Zam A 75% male_leafes and flowers 2.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 53

Passenger101

Hello Dubi,
I posted some photos of my first Zamildelica plant about 1 1/2 years ago. I still have 2 clones of it and I have made female crosses with Durban poison and a couple other sativa dominant strains.

I was wondering if you made a Zamildelica cross that was 75% Zamal and 25% Golden Tiger? If so how did it turn out?

thank you for your hard work, Zamaldelica and your Malawi are two of my all time favorite cannabis strains.
Regards,
Roy

Hi Dubi or whomever can help!

I ordered the regular Zamaldelica pack. Was wondering what type of phenotypes/effects to expect from them vs the feminized pack?

Thanks!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Passenger101 glad Malawi and Zamaldelica are among your all time favorites :) A cross between Zamaldelica and a good Durban sounds really good :yes:

Yes, we have 2 different 75% Zamal and 25% Golden Tiger hybrid lines, both available in recently released Zamaldelica Breeders Pack, they are Zamal A x Zamaldelica F2 and purple Zamal x Zamaldelica F2, you can find more info on the official strain description on our website and here in this thread, page 229.

Hi CannabisKenta if you got Zamaldelica regular seeds from this year stock then it's the new F3 release. The fem version has the same genetics already for a few years. I explained this to El Timbo in previous page of this thread.

Passenger101

Thanks Dubi
I just checked out your breeders pack and they are amazing. I’ve been to your website many times and I just thought the breeders packs were larger amounts of one seed.

I live in a place where I am only allowed 12 plants flowering and 12 in veg so all of my crosses are from female plants using colloidal silver. I haven’t had a male plant in over 10 years. Some of your wonderful strains may change that for me, your Ethiopian x Mauritius looks like one I would deal with male plants for, as do the Zamal variations. I do have to say that the breeders pack are more money than I can currently spend on seeds. It would be nice if you offered some of the single Zamal strains in your R&D section.

Regarding my Zamaldelica x Durban. I did use Sensi Seeds Durban and it seemed like a very nice Durban plant. I grew 3 of my cross and they all seemed very Durban like without much of the Zamaldelica. I have yet to cross this with the zamaldelica again, but it’s on my list.

I really did like the outcome of a Zamaldelica x Quaze Haze (Dr. Grinspoon) it retained some of the carrot flavor that I love, but the flowering time was around 13 weeks. I want to sprout more of these seeds just to see if there are any other interesting phenotypes.

Again thank you for all your hard work and your willingness to openly share your breeding expertise. I feel very fortunate for your input here.

peace,
Roy

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome Passenger101, space is always a problem, whether you have too much or too little.
I used to grow Sensi's Durban when i was a kid, don't know how is their Durban nowadays.

Best wishes with your Zamaldelica hybrids! Take care

3 Zamaldelicas ripening in my tent:

54 days, pleasant smelling, but indistinct
m186AjA.jpg

44 days, very stunted from seed, self-topping and slow growing.
3J2wx2M.jpg

44 days, revegged, loamy, woody smells, very dense vegetative growth.
f3gpU9S.jpg

Passenger101

60470F16-C6E2-4055-ADAE-7288F7DC039A.jpeg
The 5 Sensi Durban that I’ve grown we’re all the same size and flavor when vaped, like a classic slightly spicy Durban flavor and fairly up high. It seems very stable, which is why I like crossing it because the stability seems to reduce phenotypes, right? When I cross it with inbreed lines or landraces there is usually a fairly consistent hybrid.

Here is my second seed from 100 seeds of my
Quaze Haze (drgrinspoon) X Zamaldelica. These are my two favorite strains. The first seed I grew was great, like a citrus haze carrot. It just had a very long flowering time14+ weeks. I think I’ll cross my carrot zamaldelica with my 75% Quaze/25% Durban or my 87.5% Quaze/12.5% Durban and see if that shortens the flowering. I don’t have pictures of the first, but they look the same and have similar smell when you rub the stems.

Attachments

• photo2053111.jpg
    photo2053111.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Latest posts