What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
SOUTHEAST ASIAN LANDRACE SATIVA PAR EXCELLENCE

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/thairegularseeds.html

If we had to choose a single sativa among the genetic jewels offered by Southeast Asia, it would undoubtedly be a fine Thai like this, due to its high quality and worldwide relevance.

A traditional pure sativa from Chiang Mai in Thailand's Golden Triangle, recently reproduced as part of our in-depth research and preservation work with this old Thai line in several of its generations, identifying and rescuing expressions that encompass the best qualities and the most emblematic psychoactive effects of classic Thai sativas.

As an authentic pure tropical sativa, the flowering of this Thai variety from Chiang Mai is long, lasting, from 3-4 months, developing in successive re-flowerings, and showing a very high resistance to humidity and botrytis-type fungi. Its bracts and trichomes swell to enormous proportions upon final ripening. It is a variety that remains green even at low temperatures, with individuals rarely showing any pigmentation in flowering.

In 10-15% of the population, we found more compact, robust and productive plants, faster maturing (3 months approx), with denser flowers and better adaptability to indoor cultivation, although the most interesting terpenes and effects are, in our opinion, found in the longest flowering plants (4 months) with more spiky floral structures.

Three main terpene profiles can be identified in this variety, the first and most classic Thai is fresh, lemony, woody and spicy. In the second group we find sweet, creamy and more refined floral and musky perfumes. And finally, a third group (around 5-10%) that stands out for its intense strawberrry aromas, unusual in Thai varieties.

The effects are very cerebral, with no tolerance limits and a very clean comedown thanks to its quality tropical sativa essence, and its chemotype of high THC content and zero CBD. If you search in depth, this Thai landrace offers all the effect profiles that we find in the sativas from this beautiful country: from positive, pleasant, friendly and revitalising effects (both physically and psychologically), to more euphoric and nervous effects, even psychedelic or more introspective.

Despite the (not always deserved) bad reputation of the Thai cannabis family in terms of hermaphroditism, this well-worked Thai variety that we offer you is sexually stable, with cases of problematic hermaphroditism being rare.

We hope that this new preservation work that we present to the cannabis community will please our loyal fans (who for a decade have been asking us to offer a good pure Thai again), as well as lovers of traditional pure sativas and the most purists among preservationists.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD FORMAT
LANDRACE STRAIN (P3-P5)
100 % SATIVA

FLOWERING INDOORS: 12-16 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: END OF NOVEMBER / DECEMBER
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE-LOW
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE-LOW
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: VERYHIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE-HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST HOT: HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-37º
THC: 10-15 %
CBD: Null
CBG: 0.41 %
Terpene profile: It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of beta mircene (1/3) and terpinolene (1/3), and the remaining third distributed proportionally between beta pinene, trans ocimene, alpha pinene and limonene. Sesquiterpenes: only beta caryophyllene.

GENETICS: Pure sativa of between 3rd and 5th generation from the province of Chiang Mai, in northwestern Thailand.
STRUCTURE: Generally tall, slender and elegant tropical sativa, with pale and narrow leaves and thin, very flexible stems (which can withstand the worst downpours and blizzards), long internode distance, and strong lateral branching under ideal strong light intensity conditions.
BOUQUET: A) Fresh, lemon-lime, wood, spices. B) Sweet, creamy, perfumed, floral and musky. C) Strawberry.
HIGH: Positive, pleasant, revitalising (physically and psychologically), energetic and euphoric, even psychedelic or more introspective.

GROWING TIPS

For indoor growing, due to its extreme tropical sativa genotype, we mostly recommend her for the extreme sativa lovers, for breeding projects or for seed production. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering. Even reduce the photoperiod to 10/14 from the second half of flowering to favor its complete maturation.

Highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent development in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

For outdoor growing, it requires a tropical or subtropical climate in order to reach its full potential. However, it can easily be grown within latitudes of 20º-37º, where we recommend a warm and coastal climate. The use of a greenhouse is very helpful for its correct ripening in non tropical latitudes.

It requires low levels of nutrients, especially of nitrogen. For outdoor growing, it’s best to mix a good base of organic soil, rich in guano and worm casting, and then place the plants in a sunny place and leave them to grow at their own rhythm, almost without using fertilizers or stimulators.

Genetic analysis carried out on this Thai variety from Chiang Mai show that it has a relatively common genotype (given the prevalence of this type of high quality Thai genetics in the development of some of the best modern hybrids), with extremely low genetic variability, showing direct kinship mainly with other traditional Thai sativas and from other Southeast Asian countries.

If you wish to grow varieties that have the best characteristics of our Thai parental plants, but that offer much higher yields, potency, and that can be grown indoors with good results and reasonable flowering times, then we recommend our Thai hybrids such as Golden Tiger, Thai Chi or Thai x Panama.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai Chiang Mai bud finishing.jpg Views:	16 Size:	231.3 KB ID:	18041350 Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai 2.jpg Views:	16 Size:	193.6 KB ID:	18041351 Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai 3.jpg Views:	16 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	18041352 Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai 4.jpg Views:	16 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	18041353 Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai Chiang Mai análisis de cannabinoides jpg.jpg Views:	16 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	18041355 Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai Chiang Mai análisis terpenos.jpg Views:	16 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	18041356

for more info about this SE Asian sativa please check the older Thai from Chaing Mai thread:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/317260-thai-from-chiang-mai

Attachments

• Thai Chiang Mai bud finishing.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai bud finishing.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I can see from these pics how close to the mother my recent Thai x Panama was. I was surprised when growing it that it was so leafy and showed no pom-pom flower structure whatsoever which is what most other photos look like that I have seen. Well, mine turned out to be a spectacular plant btw and a great smoke for this winter. This pure bred offering will be a great breeding tool for sure and I can almost smell it through the screen. :)

vinrusso

This is an amazing offering! Great job guys!! Will this be offered by any resellers for us US customers?

I need to get these in my genetics library ASAP :friends::yummy::yummy::yummy:

............. has all of the ACE goodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

OZZ_

Veteran
the only breeding project for me is Truebreeding. And this Thai alone will be superior for me than any outcross. Its a pretty good one.

Not 100 percent thaistick i think, but close in many regards. GREAT

Excellent!! Thanks for the info, I’ll look into that I was unaware :tiphat::D:headbange

Ncali

Veteran
I remember the scary things those genetics showed me in the golden tiger iteration she was used in....

I can imagine the wonderful things she does on her own.

Thank you for bringing great Thai and crosses to the community Dubi. I can imagine how much time space and resources it takes to sift through so many long flowering LARGE plants like ACE teams have done through all the Thai projects. Thanks dubi, and charley, and everyone who have contributed in the past and now.

Much love.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for your support and kind words :) We selected and went through a quite decent sized population, using multiple second, third and fourth generation parental plants of the strain to make this Thai release happen, so the release has a good amount of genetic diversity, including seeds from all the different main phenos, but only from best females, and discarding from the reproduction all the plants with hermaphroditic traits, which were really minor for a pure SE Asian sativa landrace.

will it be a lmited relase?

This pure Thai release is a permanent catalog strain and hopefully will remain with us for a long time.

This is an amazing offering! Great job guys!! Will this be offered by any resellers for us US customers?

We expect our retailers will start to offer our 2022 new releases soon, although some may take some time.
Mandala Seeds and Seedsman are the first ACE official retailers to offer them and to ship them to your country.

I can see from these pics how close to the mother my recent Thai x Panama was. I was surprised when growing it that it was so leafy and showed no pom-pom flower structure whatsoever which is what most other photos look like that I have seen. Well, mine turned out to be a spectacular plant btw and a great smoke for this winter. This pure bred offering will be a great breeding tool for sure and I can almost smell it through the screen. :)

We indeed use a P1 Thai Chiang Mai female for Thai Chi and Thai x Panama hybrids. As you pointed out, this female has a quite mediocre flower/leaf ratio, but great resins and effects, and a quite short (well, not that long) flowering time. Most importantly, it breeds great and produces great offspring in hybrids, it's well progeny tested, but after going through much bigger number for this repro we have certainly found even much better females that can certainly can replace her, so there's certainly always room for improvement, but it must be progeny tested first.

The Phylos report linked on the ACE website does suggest it being closely related to two Thai Stick samples, and also a Laotian submitted by Sam:
ACE Seeds - Thai Chiang Mai P1 Genotype Report (phylos.bio)

This has to be one of the most exciting seed releases since.. can't even think what. A sexually stable pure Thai with a reasonable flowering time!

Yes, the phylos report states this Thai sticks around other Thais and other relevant SE Asian sativas landraces from good sources.
Its extreme genetic stability (even at P1 stage of analyzed sample) is also a good sign of its purity.

The flowering times of this Thai strain from Chiang Mai are long (3-4 months) for most growers, yet are in the 'fast side' compared with most pure Thais, being of similar flowering length compared with Meao Thai, but faster in average than for example Koh Chang or Gypsy's Thai. Also found Thai Chiang Mai females that can be harvested outdoors in late November, while the other Thais finish in December, or even January.

I remember the scary things those genetics showed me in the golden tiger iteration she was used in.... I can imagine the wonderful things she does on her own.

Now you mention Golden Tiger, i had in mind to blend old our Double Thai (Koh Chang x Meao) with this third Thai from Chiang Mai to make a Triple Thai. Unfortunately the seeds of the original F1 Double Thai don't want to germinate anymore, but the most potent, trippy and crazy DT side is still preserved (and enhanced) in some Golden Tiger mothers, so there's a possibility of breeding a Golden Tiger 4th version by crossing this Thai Chiang Mai with mentioned ((Koh Chang Thai x Meao Thai) x Old Malawi Killer) mothers.

Moxa stick

Since my first taste of those magical Thai sticks in the spring of ‘75, SE Asian strains have always been my all time favorite cultivars. Though sometimes troublesome to grow, Thais are worth the wait. The end product is beyond compare…thanks for this new release.

Latest posts

Latest posts