What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South American Landraces

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Hello people from AceSeeds
Why aren't you commercializing South American Landraces, such as Paraguayan and Brazilian Sativas?

There's another breeder selling a so called "BRAZIL AMAZONIA", as this Brazilian Sativa and it's not the one we used to smoke 10 years ago and more. The site of the breeder states that "BRAZIL AMAZONIA" is a landrace sativa whose origin points to the south of Brazil, which is very imprecise information, since the Amazon is located in the extreme north of the country. Logically, if it is from southern Brazil, it cannot be from the Amazon Forest.
I've never heard of either one here but I've smoked marijuana for over 20 years and I've been growing it for over 10.

Here we know that the best weed available in Brazil throughout the twentieth century came from a place called "Polígono da Maconha" in the state of Pernambuco, northeastern Brazil. The climate there is generally dry and the temperatures quite high as it is straight under the equator line. It originally came from Africa, brought by slaves as seeds in the seventeenth century, even before the coffee plants. Locally called "Manga Rosa", this is probably the basis of White Widow, because of the hit it punches on the brain.

Did you already tried to get these seeds?
That smoke is off the streets for a long time now. I'll try a trip to Pernambuco when pandemics over, but would like to know what you experienced guys think about it.
We have to save that sativa.

Last time I smoked it was inside the Ford Motors fabric in São Paulo, years ago, brought by a cop who worked there at that time.
Even growing, never got a smoke so fucking awesome like that.
I'm buying some seeds from AceSeeds through HiperSemillas, including Malawi, the one that looks like our old Brazilian gold. Some tip here would be really appreciated.

​​​​​

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Hola señor dubi

Do you have some insight to share with us about these landraces?

Your knowledge would be sooo much appreciated here!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Marz,

I used to grow more South American sativas in my early growing days, but not much in latest years. Paraguay has been a huge cannabis producer country (and still is), mainly to attend the demand from Argentina and Brazil. An Uruguayan friend told me many times nice stories about the different lots of 'faso paraguayo' they used to get there. He told me some of the best batches reminded him the effects of our Angolese or Panama green phenos. Unfortunately lots of indica genetics has been introduced to Paraguay (similar case than Mexico) so this country has not been in our priorities when looking for interesting sativa landraces and heirlooms to work with and preserve. I'm sure there are still interesting great green, gold and red sativas being grown there and in other countries like Peru or Bolivia.

I prefer not to comment on other seedbank releases (especially if i have never grown or smoked them), but as far as i know the best Brazilian sativas come from Bahia and other more tropical states in the North of the country. I enjoyed a lot growing and smoking Brazilian sativas in my early cannabic days, some Brazilan genetics were included in my first hybrids (like Renatta, which was a Brazilian x Cambodia/Haze hybrid) but unfortunately these old Brazilian lines had no continuity in our breeding, since at that time we couldn't preserve plants in long term in a mother room, and we received very few seeds of these Brazilians from friends travelling there, so it was not the right time to preserve them properly.

I posted some Manga Rosa pics here on ICMag 15 years ago:

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...=manga+rosa#po st1159819

damn, time flies :)

Latest posts

Latest posts