What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Duckpond : Zacateca's Edition

MallardDuck

So I have a major hitch in the plans.... many of the clones have botyris on them :( Contemplating what to do but most likely I will have to chuck them. Really unfortunate as I gave the mothers out to the community to be flowered out. I still have 2 plants I think are male and one female in the tent. If all goes wrong I will flower out them I guess. Really frustrating.

deepwaterdude

So I have a major hitch in the plans.... many of the clones have botyris on them :( Contemplating what to do but most likely I will have to chuck them. Really unfortunate as I gave the mothers out to the community to be flowered out. I still have 2 plants I think are male and one female in the tent. If all goes wrong I will flower out them I guess. Really frustrating.

Oh, man, i'm sorry to hear that. Nothing more excruciating than a good grow gone bad... I hope you can salvage something!

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
glad to Luna your new luck my friend & i wanna getting a seat here for your show

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
MallardDuck, very nice thread and beautiful plants. The Tributes sure mature into beauties. I hope you don't mind if I share my little one with you here.
I ended up with 14 seeds total from last season. When I pulled down my Nepalese male I didn't see any pistils yet on the Zacatecas Tribute female. A friend I had donated the buds to brought me back the seeds they found.
peace farmerlion

Attachments

• photo2057033.jpg
    photo2057033.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 42

MallardDuck

Hi farmerlion :yay:

Great to see you, my friend. I hope you have been well. I finally have some free time to tend to my garden today... I plan to do a deep clean of the tent with some h202 and take some drastic measures to the plants still left in my tent. Botyris has arrived. I am going to throw away all my cuts except the Congo which I will give an h202 dunk before I transplant into a solo cup. Cuts will be taken from the 3 remaining Zacatecas and placed into a clean dome. once the males root I will switch immediately to 12/12 in the tent. Also, I am going to top the female Zacateca in the tent and start trying to light dep the one outside in my garage. It took me a bit to figure my plan but I can't keep vegging these things forever lol. Ill pop on later with some pics.

deepwaterdude All is not lost... I can take new cuts... just a hitch in the road!

dimodz Welcome friend :wave:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Mallard Duck, thank you for your kind words and welcome. Iook forward to your pictures.
peace brother, farmerlion

gorilla ganja

Hello MallardDuck , good to see you growing the Zacatecas. Too bad about the mould. Did the cuttings root? if so you may be able to save them with a good cleaning.
Hopefully, you get your project on track. It's too bad I just stumbled on your thread now. I think we are close and I would have taken some of those mothers or cuttings off your hands.
I have a pack and hope to get to them maybe this winter.
Love the dogs and pics of flowers.

Best of luck with the rest of the grow.

Peace GG

MallardDuck

Hello MallardDuck , good to see you growing the Zacatecas. Too bad about the mould. Did the cuttings root? if so you may be able to save them with a good cleaning.
Hopefully, you get your project on track. It's too bad I just stumbled on your thread now. I think we are close and I would have taken some of those mothers or cuttings off your hands.
I have a pack and hope to get to them maybe this winter.
Love the dogs and pics of flowers.

Best of luck with the rest of the grow.

Peace GG

I forgot you are in my area... PM me :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MallardDuck, sorry to hear about the mould problems :( Is it affecting your indoor clones or outdoor plants ?

Btw, Luna is so cute :)

MallardDuck

Hi MallardDuck, sorry to hear about the mould problems :( Is it affecting your indoor clones or outdoor plants ?

Btw, Luna is so cute :)

Hey Dubi!

Luckily they are just affecting my indoor clones. I threw away all the clones except the rooted Congo as I would really like to make some CongoxZacateca seeds and I don't have any Congo plants anymore to take a cut off ( I gave it to a friend to flower). So I took new cuts off the 2 males and 2 females I have left, and plan to flower out the 2 males and the one female Zacatecas in Solo cups and cut back the other Zacateca mother and flower her out. I really haven't been the most organized this year... but hopefully I can finally get this show on the road! I will get pictures from my friend... I have a feeling he might underestimate the stretch on these ladies. Anyone know what I can expect stretch wise from the Zacatecas?

PS Luna may be cute but she is a little rapscallion! I caught her digging the dirt out one of my autoflower plants! She almost made it to the bottom of the pot by the time I caught her... I could see that nice healthy root system scattered on the ground. :dance: Here she is trying not to look guilty!

20210714_072056.jpg

MallardDuck

HI everyone,

Sorry life has been busy... I haven't done much updating of this log and honestly I have just been keeping up with my gardening. The plant I tossed outside is flourishing... I have begun taking it inside my garage before sundown to try to initiate flower. I would hate to see this beautiful plant succumb to the weather at the end of the year.

I still have no roots on the new clones and the female Zacateca is looking rather unhappy after a rough transplant where I had to deal with a seriously rootbound girl. I am confident she will recover though.

Luna is still a little rogue and growing at about the same rate as my plants 😅. All she does is eat, play, sleep and grow... a good life. If reincarnation is real sign me up to be mans best friend!

20210721_171201.jpg

20210721_212113.jpg

IMG-20210720-WA0005.jpg

(an auto I have going...)

MallardDuck

A few random pictures of some visitors in the garden... its always makes me happy seeing the good bugs enjoying my garden too!

20210724_073826.jpg

20210723_173935.jpg

MallardDuck

It's raspberry season! We love raspberries of all colours here... I found out Luna is a little berry hound. I have to keep her out of the berry patch or she would happily eat it all. Here are some Yellow Raspberries I just picked, they are a little sweeter than the red ones.

IMG_20210727_092721_716.jpg

The lone female Zacateca has recovered very nicely in my tent after the harsh transplant and being very rootbound. It was sad for a week or so, but it took off now. I really need to switch to 12/12 asap lest it overgrow then tent. But my clones seem to be taking forever to root and some have wilted. I have two healthy males in the tent as well. I am debating cutting them way back to make room for the female to flower out and just to leave a small branch or two for pollen collection. Would very rootbound males be able to produce pollen after being cut back to like 25% of what they were? If anyone has any experience with this let me know.

20210727_093334.jpg

This is the female.

20210727_093338.jpg

These are the two males... I am a caregiver for my father right now and sometimes between work and caring for him I forget to water... they look a little droopy but they will be fine.

And here are my sorry looking clones :(

20210727_092921.jpg

My Congo clone looks good though!

20210727_092931.jpg

So yeah if anyone has any advice about how much I can prune the males back to make space for the female and still get some pollen let me know. Cheers

MD

OZZ_

Veteran
Subbed! I missed out on the Zacatecas unfortunately, I missed them both times they were offered but I’m very interested in the line. Will be great to see how they do for you.

Luna is beautiful!

MallardDuck

So some good news. My clones have started rooting. I have 2 males and 1 female that made it so far. This means I have switched my tent over to 12/12 and we are cooking with fire! :jump: In the tent I have 1 Zacateca (f) 1 Congo and 2 Zacateca (M). It feels really good to switch the tent over to flowering.... it feels like it has been a while. Anyways here are some random pictures from the last few days. Ill get a tent photo update this weekend.

20210730_205946.jpg

20210730_170127.jpg

20210729_175018.jpg

20210729_173012.jpg

MallardDuck

Some progress... you could say I have "stress tested" the plants in my tent when I was stressed and not keeping up gardening as I should.

20210807_125957.jpg

20210807_130005.jpg

Its a mess in there I know but the main thing I want to do with this grow is make seeds... not as worried about having the healthiest of plants this go round.

Conversely the Zacatecas I have put outside is looking amazing and happy... mother nature provided for her when I was busy.

20210805_073956 (1).jpg

20210805_074004.jpg

gorilla ganja

Congrats on the clones rooting. The light dep. seems to be working well, Outddor Zacatecas is well into flower mode. How long have you been bringing it into the garage?
You have some beautiful flowers in your yard.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts