What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica X Ethiopian

bluesat

Hi here’s my Z x E. I’m sure others have grown this but I can’t figure out how to find any of the posts with the search function. This pic was about a week into flowering under 11/13 schedule. i started two seeds and got one male. i pollinated a lower branch so hopefully seeds.

Attachments

• photo2043564.jpg
    photo2043564.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 20

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nice, Im interested in all the ethiopian work... Can't wait to seewhat you find... Already has a nice fanleaf style. You getting any special smells yet on the stemrub?

Cactus Squatter

Super interested to follow your grow and see how it turns out. She’s looking beautiful so far.
I had one Zamaldelica x Ethiopian going this year but culled it when it showed its balls. Beautiful structured plant from what I saw.

How is the smell on yours?

bluesat

Nice, Im interested in all the ethiopian work... Can't wait to seewhat you find... Already has a nice fanleaf style. You getting any special smells yet on the stemrub?

yes me too! i came so close to buying the ethiopians from african seeds co around 2000/2001 but i never did. now i have a pack of ace ethiopian regs in my fridge but i’m holding off until i can do several at once. smells are still subtle on this one.

Attachments

• photo2044010.jpg
    photo2044010.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 25

bluesat

Super interested to follow your grow and see how it turns out. She’s looking beautiful so far.
I had one Zamaldelica x Ethiopian going this year but culled it when it showed its balls. Beautiful structured plant from what I saw.

How is the smell on yours?

hopefully that doesn’t happen but i’m so excited to try this combination i might have to let it finish regardless

bluesat

this is how the male looked when i put it under 11/13.

Attachments

• photo2044014.png
    photo2044014.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2044015.png
    photo2044015.png
    572.4 KB · Views: 28

bluesat

this was the female

Attachments

• photo2044016.png
    photo2044016.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2044017.png
    photo2044017.png
    601.9 KB · Views: 28

Cactus Squatter

this is how the male looked when i put it under 11/13.

That’s real close to how my male looked before he went to the mulch bin. Leaves were just a tiny bit narrower on mine. I didn’t have the room to run any males this year so I had to chop both the Zamaldelica x Ethiopian and 2 Malawi x Panama males that showed themselves.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks bluesat for making a grow diary about your Zamaldelica x Ethiopian grow. This ZxE seed stock was produced by pollinating our best most tropical Zamal/Thai expressiones from original Zamaldelica regular F1, pollinated by the best P2 Ethiopian males we used for the pure Ethiopian release (also for Mauritious x Ethiopian and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian limited editions).

As you see, the females grow vigorously, tall and with very long node distance. I see the female is already showing deficiencies in early flowering.
Better tranplant her to a bigger pot with new nutrients. At this point she won't stretch much more, and she will have plenty of food to flower properly without deficiencies.

bluesat

Thanks bluesat for making a grow diary about your Zamaldelica x Ethiopian grow. This ZxE seed stock was produced by pollinating our best most tropical Zamal/Thai expressiones from original Zamaldelica regular F1, pollinated by the best P2 Ethiopian males we used for the pure Ethiopian release (also for Mauritious x Ethiopian and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian limited editions).

As you see, the females grow vigorously, tall and with very long node distance. I see the female is already showing deficiencies in early flowering.
Better tranplant her to a bigger pot with new nutrients. At this point she won't stretch much more, and she will have plenty of food to flower properly without deficiencies.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my pics and offer advice and information! This one has come to an ignominious end though. I potted up from one to three gallons about a week ago but the plant then developed many male parts throughout so I decided to chop it. I feel like there’s so much potential in this cross though so I think I’ll wait until I have room to grow out several and cull.