What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxacan hybrids

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Whole indoor harvest:

S31_Oaxacan's_Harvest.jpg

Purple Satellite

One month later, still happily growing, at least a month before she starts flowering. No idea when she will start here at 55N. I'll have to trim/harvest the other plants around her to give her some space ^^

S31_Purple_Satellite.jpg

MallardDuck

Wow nice Purple Sattelite Benny and congrats on your harvest!

I live at 55N as well and have some Purple Sattelite beans I plan to try out next year. A friend of mine who lives at 52N ran some Purple Sattelites last year and they finished late September if I remember right. He crossed it with a local pink haired heirloom that finishes mid September that I think will be very nice. Wishing you the best... interested to see when it finishes for you :)

squatty

I am at 45N and my Purple Satellite males are just beginning to drop pollen. I only have one female and it is just beginning to flower. We are at 14:45 of daylight. I love my Enano as well.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks :). Despite the over fertilisation some weeks ago, they made it okay though. Still too much green to my liking but trichomes were mostly milky with some ambers here in there. Couldn’t really delay harvest any longer. I’ll have to be more careful with PK next time I grow them. Nevertheless, it feels good to get a nice harvest again as the last two sessions before were not successful. Can’t wait to smoke them. I really need a vape now that I quit tobacco for 6 months. I was thinking about the Crafty+...

Smell are like wood and floral incense, but I’ll get back to you later about that. My sinuses are a damn mess right now...

I bought the crafty and loved it until it stopped working. A friend had one, quit working and was able to get it replaced. So mixed reviews for build, but a great portable product when it’s functioning.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s the Zacatecas Tribute x OTH in the grove. She’s going to be a big girl.
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I have a varmint problem that’s gnawed off two of my plants, so I’m putting some fencing up and thought I’d take the opportunity to spread her out.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Most of Mountain Gold is already dry after 10 days or so, other not finished yet. I'm drying as slow as possible so it is smoother smoke, works so far :)

It is really an amazing smoke, kinda powerful cerebral kind of high. The smell when opening the jar is amazing, can't still quite describe it, too much "green" in it still. Feel like there is a light strawberry smell in there though..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mountain_Gold.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	17913283

Wow nice Purple Sattelite Benny and congrats on your harvest!

I live at 55N as well and have some Purple Sattelite beans I plan to try out next year. A friend of mine who lives at 52N ran some Purple Sattelites last year and they finished late September if I remember right. He crossed it with a local pink haired heirloom that finishes mid September that I think will be very nice. Wishing you the best... interested to see when it finishes for you :)
Thanks :). I guess they will finish early October here then.

Here’s the Zacatecas Tribute x OTH in the grove. She’s going to be a big girl.

I have a varmint problem that’s gnawed off two of my plants, so I’m putting some fencing up and thought I’d take the opportunity to spread her out.​
Pictures not showing here, but I noticed them in OTH topic. Good call on the spreading. Their leafelts look really hazy!

Attachments

• Mountain_Gold.jpg
    Mountain_Gold.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 46

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there,

Figured it was about time to update this topic regarding the outdoor Purple Satellite. She's been in flower for about a month now. Way much earlier than the PCK hybrids I had grown previous years. This one will be definitely my outdoor strain from now on. Summer in Belgium has been the most rainy/humid less sunny in recorded weather history ever but she still managed to pack up flowers and resins like crazy with no trace of mould so far. She also pretty much grew on her own in the soil enriched with bat guano and blood/horns meal pellets at transplant. I haven't even fertilized nor watered her since then but it's not like she needed it. I guess it will be about a month or so before she is ready. She smells pretty much cherry at this stage, also mango I think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Purple_Satellite_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	17946859

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Purple_Satellite_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	17946862

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Purple_Satellite_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	17946863

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Purple_Satellite_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	17946862

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Indoor side, from left to right: Oaxaca x A5, Oaxaca x Panama, Mountain Gold, Zacateca Tribute

Oaxaca x A5 feels pretty much like old school dutch haze. A friend who still remembers what A5 smelled/tasted like back in the days told me it is really close. Yielded 136 g despite not being a complete success.

Oaxaca x Panama is still incense/sour/lavender. Yielded 155 g.

Mountain Gold smell like pine, leather and flowers. Nice clear high with no heavy come down. Yielded 123 g.

Zacateca Tribute makes me think of onions, sweets. Gonna sound weird but kinda like those sweet scents coming out of a Provençal sauce stewing! There seems to be also some berries notes in the background. Cerebral high indeed with no heavy come down either. Yielded 150 g.

Despite the fertilization stresse and kinda lots of seeds in the flowers, I'm very pleased with the results. Won't be long before I grow them again with hopefully better results.

Anyway, I plan to make some changes to my indoor soil mix/foods. Mills DNA Coco/cork, lava powder, vermicomposting and those GreenBat pellets I used outdoor (got a nice price from my work colleague handling distribution in Belgium :)) and Biotabs PK Compost Tea/PK Booster as needed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oaxacan_indoor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	17946902

Oh and by the way, bye bye HID lighting, got myself a SANlight EVO-5 150 :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	evo5-150_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	17946905

Click image for larger version  Name:	evo5-150_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	17946905

Cheers,

Ben

Humple W.

Hello there,

Figured it was about time to update this topic regarding the outdoor Purple Satellite. She's been in flower for about a month now. Way much earlier than the PCK hybrids I had grown previous years. This one will be definitely my outdoor strain from now on. Summer in Belgium has been the most rainy/humid less sunny in recorded weather history ever but she still managed to pack up flowers and resins like crazy with no trace of mould so far. She also pretty much grew on her own in the soil enriched with bat guano and blood/horns meal pellets at transplant. I haven't even fertilized nor watered her since then but it's not like she needed it. I guess it will be about a month or so before she is ready. She smells pretty much cherry at this stage, also mango I think.

She's gorgeous!! What a beauty.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your interest @acespicoli Stocks of the new 2024 releases are on the way to USA, hopefully they will be available at North Atlantic in the upcoming weeks. Kindly join the newsletter on our website, so we can keep you updated about our new releases, stock alerts, fairs, and new availability of ACE stocks in USA.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great news! Thank you for making these available Dubi. I'm still enjoying my O79 x Panama cut and the Kali China cross has been in the jar for a month. The KC really went purple but I am sorry I did not get any pics. Sublime terps though and a great favorite this winter! :)

Malawi Gold Cross from a kind member here:

PXL_20240229_182900469.jpg
PXL_20240229_182915258.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
O79 x Kali China turned lovely purple with the cool overnight temps in my basement. Nice fruity terpenes with some spicy notes and a hint of floral on your fingers after breaking up a bud. She is quite delicious and one or two tokes has me off in outer space for a few hours. I should have vegged longer so yield was average, but next time I will take a cutting and extend her time.

PXL_20240307_210053422.jpg

O79 x Malawi Gold is still a few days from jarring, but a quick sample has me blasted. Rocket fuel for sure! This one does not have the floral qualities of the other crosses, but is more fuel and vegetal notes. Smells dangerous already and I bet she will be amazing after the cure...I still have the main cola growing but wanted to take this one in stages.

PXL_20240307_205704922.jpg