What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Interview with Dubi on the Potcast

MrFancyPlants

Hello friends,

You may already know this if you follow The Potcast, but for those who don't, our favorite purveyor of quality landrace genetics, dubi, has finally made an appearance, and it's well worth the 4 year wait! The first 2-hour part of the interview is now available to Patreon subscribers. Even though it's a "paywall", I highly recommend the podcast for all breeding nerds out there.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ep-56-ft-dubi-of-49850205

Thanks for putting yourself out there, dubi, and sharing the stories! For the record, your English is great :)

madalasatori

Veteran
Brilliant. I like this podcast and am always running something from dubi so this gives me something to do this evening. Cheers

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great interview. Was very fun to hear dubi's stories and his excellent insights. Can't wait for the part two! :)

​​​​

Cleaned8272727

This made my day!!! I love the potcast and I wished there was an episode with Ace Seed's. Normally I don't pay for patreon but I might have to for this episode

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Just listened to part two and it was as great as part one. Fantastic info and fun to hear Dubis stories. :)

The Zientist

Veteran
Indeed part two. :dance:

That jasmine Kalinga that dubi mentions, along with a few unreleased projects. So much to go through, so little time. Can't wait for the future repros of China Yunnan and OTHz as well.

Big thanks to dubi for putting himself out, even without English being his main language. Was a journey and a treat to ears of those who dare to listen.

Much respect.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Does he have any comments about his first years as a smoker & grower, durin' the 90's, in Spain? (My spoken English is rustier than a Somali cargo ship...)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Yes, he sure does. Many mentions...although I can't recall specifics. He really gives a lot of insightful and in-depth answers to a wide variety of questions. You get an excellent view of his creativity and intelligence as well. Much respect for his contributions! :)

The Zientist

Veteran
Does he have any comments about his first years as a smoker & grower, durin' the 90's? (My spoken English is rustier than a Somali cargo ship...)

Yep, he pretty much gave us a great overview of his upcoming, and how he experienced all the Holland's finest, during their best years. Alongside with his early experiences with the landraces that they were having at the time.

Just now, as I'm writing this, his comments over the Kashmir and Sri Lanka landraces they are currently working with crossed my mind. dubi , is there any idea when this releases will happen? :yummy:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks everyone for listening :huggy:
It's a bit embarrassing to hear my own voice having so much problems speaking in English, but i hope you get most of the info and vibes from the interview despite my terrible pronunciation.

The first part of the interview is already open for everyone: https://soundcloud.com/the_pot_cast/...i-of-ace-seeds
the second part is not open yet, but you can listen it by doing a small contribution to The Pot Cast from Heavy Dayze:

https://www.patreon.com/thepotcast

LHC

Just listening to the interview. It was so inspiring and interesting listening to you sharing your knowledge and experience. Thank´s a lot dubi.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
That was an amazing interview, great knowledge drop out, awesome stories, thank you so much Dubi I have enjoyed this one a lot !

Agree your english is very good, and your accent is very enjoyable to listen to ! Keep it up !

Mountainkush

Really enjoyed listening to this while I was trimming a beautiful Zamaldelica x Kalichina today. Can’t wait to hear the rest!

Rory Borealis

Veteran
The discussion about Zamal and Malawi was very informative and amusing. It put a big smile on my face. Salute, Dubi!!🖖