What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia Standard, Outdoor grow!

Hey Hombre how long do you usually LST before you untie and let them back up? I am dong the same after reading the subforum about it. I used the craft pipe cleaners as tie downs. Just unsure when to let them back up start competeing again. the lowers stretch out and unfold like crazy. Your plants are off to a great start by the way garden looks good. I love these ace strains, cant wait to try some out myself

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
HI Steviewunder, thanks for the kind words.

Because of my having to keep my plants low throughout the grow, I will continue to train them right up until they start the big stretch. The chosen plant (can't remember which number it is at the moment, but will check later when i do an update), went in the ground 3 days ago. I will continue to pull its growth outwards to form a large circle. I should add, that i'm now using strong wire bent into a "U" shape and pushed into the ground to secure the branches in place. As the branches grow outwards and require subsequent re staking to the ground, previous stakes are loosened, allowing the branches to slowly grow away from the ground and the canopy to slowly move upwards as well as outwards. . At the end of June or thereabouts, I will give all my girl's (zamaldelicia, Super Malawi Haze, Panama, Golden Tiger and the New Caledonia) a good topping. That will leave them enough time to recover after the stress, before they start the stretch. At the same time as the topping i will install some pea netting above the tops; a second pea net will be installed a few weeks later during the stretch. Once early flowering starts, i will be doing a lot of clearing out below the nets ie removing all the bud sites, waiting a few days and then off taking all the fan leaves and stragley branches below the net. Pretty much like an indoor scrog. Hopefully I'll end up with plants no more than 1 m above the ground level. That's the general plan.

Since the site update I've no idea how to post pictures or make a new album. It's such a shame, as i really wanted to share pictures with you all as the grow progresses.☹

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Brother take a picture download to your computer, click on up load attachments and bobs your uncle it works for me that way.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Tangwena, thank you for that. Pictures on the way. I must add that we're loving the cobs!

S6000003.JPG
"The Chosen One"

A few days back i managed to sex them and throw away the two definite boy's.
That left 3 definite girls and No5, which i'm still not sure about. I chose the most compact and bushy plant for myself and passed the other 2 on to friends, (both of whom are used to growing and smoking modern hybrids).
As regards "the theory", one of the two predicted males was a male and one of the predicted females was a male.
I will continue to train this plant outwards and will be trimming the camouflage plants away from her as she grows.
Today it is raining! Not something we expect at this time of year in these part; All of the garden is loving it.
I've also planted a Super Malawi Haze and a Panama in similar fashion at the same time. Once they get established I'll start a diary for them too; Here's a little peek for now

Attachments

• photo2047018.jpg
    photo2047018.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2047019.jpg
    photo2047019.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 27

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Looking good! Both of my indoor ones have stayed small so maybe your compact one will remain so...

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
S6000004 (5).JPG
S6000003 (5).JPG
S6000002 (5).JPG
Thanks TexasTea, to be honest, from reading Dubi's description and from the rapid growth i've seen, I expect her to go monster!. I'm expecting to have to top the hell out of her come the end of june.

This young lady went onto the ground only 7 days ago and already she has started to grow quite rapidly

zaprjaques

Dear Hombre del mont ,
Sorry for going slightly off topic here but you mentioned that Golden Tiger was your Mrs' favorite flowers despite her not beeing a heavy toker.
Now i'm curious if you could elaborate why it is so.
I'm just a light toker myself but i like variation.
The Thai x Malawi origin scared me off a bit.

Big thanks in advance!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Hi zaprjaques, Sure, no problem. Golden Tiger is an awesome weed. She finds it actually picks her mood up. When she's first had some in the vape, she is a little overwhelmed by it's potency, but after the first 15 minutes or so she feels fine. Very up in mood, focused on what she has to do and lots of energy. Good for socializing. If she's a little daunted by what she has to do, she has a little puff on the vape and goes to it cheerfully. When on the beach, she'll take a lttle more and space out completely, but after just a couple of minutes of "coming round", she's able to function again, albeit a little unsteady on her feet. Sometimes she lets out strange high pitched noises!, niether of us know what that's about!

For me, it is probably my all time favorite weed. Very powerful but with little body stone. Although I'm as high as a kite, I don't feel I anyway incapacitated. At larger doses it can be quite tripy. Real clarity of thought. There doesn't appear to be a ceiling with it. The high last for several hour's even for a hardened smoker like myself. All our friends love it, though some are iniatially overwhelmed by it. I think for me, Super Malawi Haze is stronger but has more body to it and a little mental confusion.
This last harvest we decided to cob quite a bit; now I wish I'd cobbed the lot. My wife can eat a minute amount in the morning and have a really clear trippy high all day. I need a little more but find it a wonderful way to get high. The Sativa high gets clearer and tripier.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000004 (6).JPG Views:	263 Size:	159.2 KB ID:	17870566
Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000003 (7).JPG Views:	250 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	17870567

Just a couple of shots taken this morning in the lovely june sunshine. Coming along nicely.

i continue to train them to the ground and outwards from the centre. This morning i gave them a watering with added neem.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
It's been 10 days since the last update, so i thought i'd share a photo taken this morning. As you can see, i've removed the succulant that was growig by her. She currently gets 10hours of direct sunlight.

S6000009.JPG

I gave her her first feed this am.

i bumped into a friend this morning that i gave one of her sisters to. He's growing his coventionally, ie. without training and he tells me it's going to be a monster.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
I bet yours will become a bushy monster too. Looking great! :)

Tbh, the photos don't do her justice at all. The plant looks quite small in the photo, but has mainstem that is already as fat as my thumb. I think that by growing with all the tops at the same height, the individual leaves and tops are somewhat smaller. Plus, i'm cotinuing to grow her outwards rather than upwards at the moment.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Hombre del mont :) She is going to be a nice bush by the time she starts the flowering.
It's going to be great to compare pruned vs non pruned structures of your friend's plant.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
My samples so far have been very encouraging. Not a high production, but sweet aromas with a little exotic spice component. Flavor is excellent. Super sweet smoking...the high is very pleasant as well and good duration.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
It's been a week since my last update and she continues to grow nicely. I'still training her outwards at present but once she fills the area better then ​ I will let her go upwards.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

This morning she appears a little lighter in colour so I'll give her a light feeding later in the day.

I've pinched out some of the tops in the middle of the plant I an attempt to keep the growing tips at the same height.

As she bushes out further I will be trimming the hedge and surrounding vegetation to better accommodate her.​

MallardDuck

I hope you found a good home for that lovely succulent! Thanks for the updates Hombre really interested in this variety.