What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Cleaned8272727

It appears my herm was caused by stress due to overfeeding nitrogen. After seeing the balls, I decided to keep the plant and pluck the balls as they go and see if the final product is worth the effort. Everyday I spend about 15 minutes looking for balls. I plucked about 2 per day, some popped, some didn't. Of the ones that popped I sprayed water heavily and let air dry. I reduced nutrient even further. Yesterday I found only 1 ball, and today no ball at all. I'm of course very happy about this as i was so heartbroken about the possibility of throwing away 2.5 months worth of nutes, tent, light. Yes, I'm positive the herm was due to overfeeding. Hopefully no more ball from now on now that I'm starting to dial the nute in a bit.

Cleaned8272727

​​​​​Golden tiger is almost 7 weeks, buds are still very wispy and very sativa. Seems the herming has gone away too, I hadn't seen any ball for a while, which is good. Just had to up Nitrogen a but after some leaves turned yellow. Pretty much no smell from it though, some branch smelled like lawn grass, not sure why.

filedata/fetch?id=17853727&d=1620626378
filedata/fetch?id=17853728&d=1620626188

filedata/fetch?id=17853726&d=1620626154

Quoted from my grow thread. I hadn't seen any balls for a while, so I think it was really a nutrient issue. She's very sensitive that's for sure. THANK GOD I never got rid of this girl because her stature is so wild and cool, a straight pure sativa.

MyGrowRoom

this has been a great experience from start.thank you ACE Seeds. This weed has a lovely vibe. fast and happy. dream combination. but a lil bit too fast. full cerebral,becomes dreamy and very foggy as I continue. and doesn't make me hungry, nice isnt it? very good feelings I get with golden tiger so far.potent & lively.
343gr harvest. crazy yielder,I think my pheno is Thai dominant.
great medicinal qualities.
Tiger has a "boss" high. a true gem.
cheers and happy growing !!!

Attachments

• photo2044512.jpg
    photo2044512.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2044513.jpg
    photo2044513.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2044514.jpg
    photo2044514.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2044515.jpg
    photo2044515.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2044517.jpg
    photo2044517.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2044518.jpg
    photo2044518.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2044519.jpg
    photo2044519.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2044521.jpg
    photo2044521.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2044522.jpg
    photo2044522.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2044523.jpg
    photo2044523.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 22

Cleaned8272727

this has been a great experience from start.thank you ACE Seeds. This weed has a lovely vibe. fast and happy. dream combination. but a lil bit too fast. full cerebral,becomes dreamy and very foggy as I continue. and doesn't make me hungry, nice isnt it? very good feelings I get with golden tiger so far.potent & lively.
343gr harvest. crazy yielder,I think my pheno is Thai dominant.
great medicinal qualities.
Tiger has a "boss" high. a true gem.
cheers and happy growing !!!

Beautiful harvest MGR,

What is your tent size, light, potsize? I think I have a similar pheno, I hope in a few weeks I can write the same smoke report as you lol.

MyGrowRoom

Beautiful harvest MGR,

What is your tent size, light, potsize? I think I have a similar pheno, I hope in a few weeks I can write the same smoke report as you lol.

hey man thanks for the good words.I don't use tent(living up to my nickname hahah) , I grow in a medium sized room with lights hanging from ceiling. 5gal pots , it vegged under 250w flowered under 400w (back branches were under 250w), plagron cocos premium with plagron coco line + supplements, 5 weeks veg + 15 weeks flower. I think there is no suitable tent for that monster,was 2.20 at the end covering an area where 4 congos would fit. Things changed a lot since I switched to coco. and I use hps for vegetation as well,one reason my plants grow big. full diary @ https://growdiaries.com/diaries/895...r-a5-haze-congo-grow-journal-by-highroller909
"one in a year" strain for me as an amateur home grower. it required a lot of effort and time. lights fell on it a week before harvest,no branches were broken off, super strong plant. neutral taste I would say, smells like rotten mandarines but taste is more like resin. not bad at all, just neutral or not significant enough for me to describe.

I'm adding some more photos.
and I wish you a succesful harvest and happy smoke. your plant looks like a wild cannabis and has thinner leaves.mine looked like reeds hahahah

Attachments

• photo2044702.jpg
    photo2044702.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2044703.jpg
    photo2044703.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2044704.jpg
    photo2044704.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32

Cleaned8272727

hey man thanks for the good words.I don't use tent(living up to my nickname hahah) , I grow in a medium sized room with lights hanging from ceiling. 5gal pots , it vegged under 250w flowered under 400w (back branches were under 250w), plagron cocos premium with plagron coco line + supplements, 5 weeks veg + 15 weeks flower. I think there is no suitable tent for that monster,was 2.20 at the end covering an area where 4 congos would fit. Things changed a lot since I switched to coco. and I use hps for vegetation as well,one reason my plants grow big. full diary @ https://growdiaries.com/diaries/895...r-a5-haze-congo-grow-journal-by-highroller909
"one in a year" strain for me as an amateur home grower. it required a lot of effort and time. lights fell on it a week before harvest,no branches were broken off, super strong plant. neutral taste I would say, smells like rotten mandarines but taste is more like resin. not bad at all, just neutral or not significant enough for me to describe.

I'm adding some more photos.
and I wish you a succesful harvest and happy smoke. your plant looks like a wild cannabis and has thinner leaves.mine looked like reeds hahahah

I went through your growdiaries profile, nice harvests. Your diary on Congo really made me want to get it. Hows the potency on the Congo? .

orangina

Veteran
Hi

I have a question for the master himself. dubi could you say whether this is a Haze A pheno? I know the pics are not the best, but I had some trouble keeping the beast in position to take a picture.

It grew so much and I had to bend and twist it so many times that it was a love/hate relationship rather. Now she's drying and we will see how that relationship develops. Do you guys think the bending and twisting is extending the flowering time? Mine took 91 days. I am growing the same pheno again from clone now and I am sure it will be more successful now as I know her. Nevertheless she's still a beast!

By the way this plant is a nute monster, it consumed crazy amounts of nutes. My Haze x KaliChina could hardly take half the amounts she had. So better be prepared.

Ohh so sorry, just noticed I wrote in the wrong topic! Please delete the post.

Attachments

• photo2044654.jpg
    photo2044654.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2044655.jpg
    photo2044655.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2044656.jpg
    photo2044656.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2044657.jpg
    photo2044657.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

MyGrowRoom

I went through your growdiaries profile, nice harvests. Your diary on Congo really made me want to get it. Hows the potency on the Congo? .

Congo is my favorite so far. High is instant electric in the head and doesn't make me tired a single bit even joint after joint.Very positive high and taste was amazing.Mine had grapes,wild berries smell & taste.Taste is a reason itself to grow it. They say thc is around 15 but I've seen people passing out on several occasions.Not overwhelming,not overpowering,it's just a great weed to smoke.I'm on this side of smoking; clean,positive,social.

growwise it is a sensitive one ,from my little experience.doesn't like N at all, veg can be done with minimum amount of nutes. loves higher pk in flowering but prone to nute burn. low-moderate feeding seems to be the best for Congo.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, thats definitely the Haze A Orangina lol.... Very pretty, it looks like a keeper pheno too.. Fairly frost, if the smoke and smell is great she is definitely a outlier

Cactus Squatter

I didn’t take any pictures of my GT due to it being in the back of the tent and hard to get at. She finished a little faster than I expected and was cut at 81 days. Very large colas, denser than I anticipated. Very silver covered in resin.
During flower she had a really crazy “dangerous auto shop” kind of smell to her. Used motor oil and a slight funk. Sounds weird but smelled good.
I’m curious to see how it ends up smelling once cured.

I have a cutting from her that’s running outdoors this year that I’ll take pics of when ready.

ridoo

my last GT, the 4th one, harvested after 150 days flowering, still the same desk 1 meter long, on first you have the secondary limb and the main cola in the back, I got to dismantle the main cola because it was really biiiig
I finish the last 10 days with 11/13 light cycle, and washed during the same amount of time
nearly not leafy, very easy to care and manicure before drying time
the first GT are still curing in jars

this strain is really awesome, it take time but the results under my 250wHPS, and this one was grown in a 3.5L container (lol), are very impressive, so much that I can run my closet 6 month and then turn it off for all the 6 hot months to comes, that is very appreciated when living in a nightmarish climate area... it is clearly molds resistant when seeing the buds density and the general healthy looks they keep all the time

she's gone for a first dry of 30 days, then will upload pics of the dry result :)

DSCN7008.JPG

DSCN7015.JPG

DSCN7021.JPG

Chungo

Just wondering if anyone has manifolded/mainlined GT plants in the past and if you have what was your experience's? Have you done the manifolding for outside plants or under lights? The reason I am asking is I would like to try manifolding a GT plant and put it outside for the summer and bring it in to flower later in early fall. Thanks for looking...

ridoo

Hi man I run my lights 10/14 in flower you think it still takes 20 weeks +

honnestly I never use such a light cycle on my crops, and it was first time I'd reduce to 11/13 only because of schedule issue I can't let the closet running more longer... if not I would stay in 12/12 and wait till the plant finish one day in a distant futur lol, dunno really

ridoo

Just wondering if anyone has manifolded/mainlined GT plants in the past and if you have what was your experience's? Have you done the manifolding for outside plants or under lights? The reason I am asking is I would like to try manifolding a GT plant and put it outside for the summer and bring it in to flower later in early fall. Thanks for looking...

never done, but with my little experience the GT will give you both satisfaction and work lol
this plants grow strong and sometimes fast, so if you want manifold or mainline you better care and watch carefully kind of every day, especially if you have a stretching lady... damn lol, the stretch is impressive on some pheno
but a maniac grower could make something great I guess

Chungo

never done, but with my little experience the GT will give you both satisfaction and work lol
this plants grow strong and sometimes fast, so if you want manifold or mainline you better care and watch carefully kind of every day, especially if you have a stretching lady... damn lol, the stretch is impressive on some pheno
but a maniac grower could make something great I guess

Thanks . The stretch is what I am curious about in a manifolded GT plant and if one could control it some what with a heavily manifolded GT prior to bringing it indoors......

Széklet Nagyúr

Thanks . The stretch is what I am curious about in a manifolded GT plant and if one could control it some what with a heavily manifolded GT prior to bringing it indoors......

It will stretch a lot, i made a run with one speciment indoors in a hydro setup ( also made a DIARY - it is in hungarian but there is a lot of pictures ), and mainlined it to 16 tops and even tho i switched to 12/12 right after the last topping it almost outgrew the tent ( 170cm ) it was very difficult to controll the stretching even with regular supercropping ( just damaged the stems without bending them ) and it took like 6 weeks to stop.

Also i am curios that is it wise to bring the plant back indoors and put it under artifical light to flower after it got used to sunlight ?

Last edited: