What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice GET MO! I started 2 GT seeds about 2 months ago (I don't have a lot of room to work with) hoping for a female and got 2 females. they are both in flower now 12/12 from seed, and I'm hoping to have something special for Christmas/new year :) I'll try to post a pic or 2 later..

Hello darkstar,

I've checked your pics, they are healthy and big but maybe a bit tall for most of the indoor setups, you can try to tie down carefully horizontally to improve light distribution over the whole plant. Thanks for sharing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Would be nice to see the Golden Tiger as a AF! It would be something that has not been seen in the AF community!

Maybe A.C.E is creating one already?

H

Hello Halonium,

Honestly would be nice to offer auto flowering ace versions as soon as possible cos the markest is really demanding it but our collective is right now more focused in other non auto projects.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Hello Halonium,

Honestly would be nice to offer auto flowering ace versions as soon as possible cos the markest is really demanding it but our collective is right now more focused in other non auto projects.

An auto Tiger is already in the works, I dusted some a few weeks ago with pollen from Spyder.:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, please help clear things up.

I am reading in the Zamaldelic thread that the male used is a selected male of the golden tiger line, which i belive because that is what you posted. It is contrary to other posts saying that the male used is the Destroyer F3.

But my real question is about the two different meao thai males that Charlie Garcia talks about in the cannabiogen threads.
He states that there is the Destroyer F3, which origionaly is the Mex/Colombian crossed to the meao thai females.

He also states that there is a Pure Meao thai male, the one used in the Double Thai.

Please clarify if the Golden Tiger Male is of the Destroyer F3 orign
or is the golden tiger male of Pure Meao thai orign.

thanks.

Welcome blueoakstprops,

All the thai crosses (Golden Tiger, Green Haze Thai, Purple Haze Thai, Double Thai ...) released come from a pure meo thai male, they are not destroyer hybrids.

The mix of sativa x destroyer would produce even better hybrids easily but the goal was to produce sativa thai hybrids with new concepts from the bottom. Destroyer is already an amazing sativa by itself.

Hello darkstar,

I've checked your pics, they are healthy and big but maybe a bit tall for most of the indoor setups, you can try to tie down carefully horizontally to improve light distribution over the whole plant. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Dubi! They don't seem to be getting much taller, but the ceiling is about 8feet and I can add more light if need be. I'll post an update in a couple weeks. Thank you for all your hard work, and Stay Safe!
~DS

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I noticed gt has a real dark tint to it compared to all the other sativas I got in my garden....
picture.php

Very nice GET MO! I planning for an outdoor run next year with my remaining seeds. Here's an update with one of the indoor GT I have going.

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice start of flowering :) Thank you very much GET MO and darkstar270 for the updates. Wish you the best for the rest of flowering.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
more golden tiger pics...

more golden tiger pics...

Im bout to put some more bloom nutes real soon....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 9 GT seedlings I put Outdoors towards the end of september here at 39*N to try an give it a more 12/12 light cycle... lets see what happens... I may end up bringing them in at night and provide some more supplemental light as the photoperiod continues to wane.

mostly I am after making F2's to search through, and taking some female cuttings to run sensi, more than getting any smoke out of this run.... or maybe they will not survive the fall/winter we will see!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I crossed a male gt to a BUNCH of strains, gsc, alien dog, true blueberryXchem d, a cali connection mixpack, bubbaXsweet tang, chem valley kush, tahoeXfire og, and purple pineapple... Lookin forward to poppin some uh them, probly start with the tahoefireXgolden tiger.

idiit

Veteran
I noticed gt has a real dark tint to it compared to all the other sativas I got in my garden.

^last year my gt's were bright green compared to mine this year in a different much more fertile garden and this year more resemble yours getmo. your buds should be and do look much lighter/brighter than the leaf.

i earlier stated that my gt buds were bright green and i should have included a caveat "for outdoor bud". my indoor bud is usually much lighter/brighter than outdoor bud.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for share it darkstar270. How long into flowering ?

I think there's some kind of fertlizer/ph problem. The leaf curling is a sign of excessive Nitrogen or heat problem, the yellowing it's showing us that the plant is not taking the nutrients correctly, looks like a ph problem to me. Dont add more Nitrogen, check the ph correctly and the temps between 20-25ºC.

Thanks Dubi. I did have some major issues with heat, but we are starting to go into winter so it really shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'm using an organic recycled soil-less mix. The seeds where started July 5 @ 12/12 from seed. The remaining seeds are definitely going outside next year.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
golden tigers....

golden tigers....

comin along real nice, got one pheno that is really light green and taking a lot longer to flower, I think thats the thai pheno if Im not mistaken...

pheno 1
picture.php

pheno 2
picture.php

pheno 3(thai?)
picture.php

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
All three seem to have different leaf patterns. One and two seem to have similar bud structure though. Which ever ones they are they look good GetMo.

Latest posts

Latest posts