What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Damn 90f? you must be in the south. My GT girls got it easy over here in hawaii where it rarely goes past 85, and usually lingers around 72-80 (hottest time of year)

How are you watering them so thoroughly in a guerilla?

I RARELY water my girls if EVER in my guerilla grows, sometimes i just HAVE TO, like if it doesn't rain for 3 weeks, and i gotta take at least several hikes with a 1.5 litre water bottle (stealth) just to water 5 small/medium (2-4 ft) plants.

Growing here from january - march is great here because we get good rain, but smaller plants.

oh yeah idiit, how do you prepare your plots? you mention garden 2 is clay soil? just 100% native soil with no amendments?

do you loosen the clay up before planting?

idiit

Veteran
oh yeah idiit, how do you prepare your plots? you mention garden 2 is clay soil? just 100% native soil with no amendments?

do you loosen the clay up before planting?
tried to send you a pm and you're maxed out.

just got back from garden2 and took pics that i'll upload soon. real bushes that still got a couple of months to get even bigger!

for amendments in heavy clay soil i add trace minerals (azomite and sea-crop), pure crushed oyster shells for lime, dolomite lime mostly for mg., kelp, chicken manure(aged), little bone meal. the transplants are 10" rootballls in chelated supersoil. i go easy on nutes in heavy clay since this area is already very fertile. this soil is so thick that i warped 2 of the knock down shovel blades on the small portable shovels i carry into the grow area (along with all the other amendments in a gym bag) during the winter time when no one is thinking "patch" thoughts. 2 shovel blades on 10 wet holes (wintertime)!

i'm just going to have to back pack in lots of chelated supersoil into the sandy clay soil areas during the winter as they need tons of extra humus. when it got hot the sandy clay soils look like they ph drift strongly to the acidic side. the humus has great ph buffering capacity as well as lots of other nice attributes.

yes, i loosen up the clay soil down about 18" right before transplanting and initially during the winter when i do my amendments.

i use an extremophile archea microorganism amendment to my microherd as i believe that they are real good at chelating the lime and the trace minerals. i add this and molasses dilluted in water after mixing into the soil my amendments.

i like running lots of different strains but the golden tigers are by far the best strain in many different aspects of any strain i've run.

the other strain i'm getting very interested in for up trippy highs is the zamal/ haze (gerrit's cut preferably). the smoke reports (ridiculously good!) and the size, vigor, mold resistance look as good as the golden tigers except for bud density. very exciting prospects here.

so dubi, where are you in regards to taking your phz and crossing it into gerrit's zamal and releasing yet another legendary poly-sativa hybrid?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello idiit,

Im glad to hear the golden tigers are growing vigorously in your warm climate.

There are no plans for a straight zamal x haze hybrid yet, we tried a similar combination years ago and the zamal haze phenos were not much interesting due the extreme tropical performance, low yield and hermie issues although we havent tried it yet with the zamal's gerrit cut .... my recommendation would be to select a nice Zamaldelica (selected for zamal traits) and pollinate her with purple haze males or even better purple haze thai males. We have new plans with the zamal but i dont want to comment much till the job is finished and we test is well done.

Best regards! :)

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

^gt 8/06/2012 in fertile soil. about 7'tall bush. still has lots of time to get big.

^^ i've been looking for an excellent mate to pair with a lot of these extreme sats ( zamal pheno out of zamaldelica for zamal leaning pheno/phz for example) to improve bud structure without ruining the sat high effects. two have come up on the radar as winners based on past grow/smoke reports; the nepalese bat pheno used in many past hybrids from reeferman (willie nelson), ace seeds and several other landrace breeders. the second sativa landrace that looks to be even potentially better is burmese. the burmese is reputed to be akin to a good haze in that the burmese and haze can significantly improve the potency of anything it is paired with.

i realize that there are other candidates such as chinese indica and some indian indicas but i'm not familiar with these strains.

the nepalese is pretty easy to source from many breeders including mandala's satori.

the problem with burmese is that it is hard to source. i was lucky enough to score some of zamalito's old seed stock stored in a freezer for the last 5-6 years including burmese. i am running viability tests on these seeds now and will try to pop some of my burmese (only got 10 beans so i'm going real slow with these) after i feel confident i've got a good germination technique down. reeferman liked willijuana ( viet black/burmese) better than he liked the willie nelson ( viet black/nepalese).

one of the many many reasons i like golden tiger so much is it's excellent mold resistant dense bud structure. golden tiger may be very interesting in a lot of hybrids but straight golden tiger the way ace seeds released it is my only personal grail finished product needing no improvements, just a good long cure.

i suspect the outdoor grown zamaldelica could radically change its high after a lengthy cure as well. great stuff!

The meo thai is not less strong or long lasting than golden tiger or malawi but the high is much clear and less dirty in the body, better smoke for morning-mid day time, i guess malawi or golden tiger are more for late evening/night :)

Dubi afropips malawi supposedly gives a more up high, it is a trippy up sativa, how did you guys get such a devastating potent plant ( killer malawi) are there different forms of malawi in.. well..malawi?

Also GT loves water, it rained hard the other night and the girls just shot up in growth, but it is also waxing crescent moon so that attributes for the growth as well. But damn do these plants love a heavy rain after weeks of dryness

a lot of people are looking for an early flowering very potent auto-flower strain. herijuana and gt are to me two of the most potent and hardy od strains available ( herijuana is a pacific northwest od ibl if i remember correctly). maybe the early gt girl will prompt someone to do some intentional fast golden tigers.

herijuana is a great IBL plant its an outdoors kentucky plant X petrolia headstash.

I had the honor of growing it indoors via a friend until my friend was caught :(

I wish I could have put it to the test outdoors in hawaii!

My GT are doing well, I have one thai pheno, whom I think may be male, that will not show!

If it hasn't shown yet, I suspect it may be female because males show earlier right?

Hope no one minds,a pic of one my GT gals.Have never seen an 11 blade leaf before.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 31
  • azure haze wit smokey
    azure haze wit smokey
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
Lovely gals there Get Mo,they really look wonderful.Will you have any troubles getting them done in time?Looking forward to seeing how they finish.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
^ thanks yo, thats y i put um in a greenhouse, should finish round december. I ran panama straight outdoors last year and it finished end of nov. real nice.

Nice GET MO! I started 2 GT seeds about 2 months ago (I don't have a lot of room to work with) hoping for a female and got 2 females. they are both in flower now 12/12 from seed, and I'm hoping to have something special for Christmas/new year :) I'll try to post a pic or 2 later..

Halonium

Would be nice to see the Golden Tiger as a AF! It would be something that has not been seen in the AF community!

Maybe A.C.E is creating one already?

H

I hope the GT has a VERY vigorous root system that will tear through this "unfinished" soil mix.

We will see how they do.

ah I am glad I wrote this down, turns out my coco/perlite/compost/partially decayed organic matters is way to acidic and not cooked enough for the plants. The three in the spot with lots of organic matter are staying smaller, which is ok, they will yield maybe an oz a peice.

however the two GT females is the heavy clay-base (atleast 75% native clay soil, loosened and mixed with a little perlite, tree compost, guavas) are growing huge, out of control about 5 ft now.

It is good volcanic soil, plus I am giving them 20-20-20 commercial ferts. and fox farms happy frog bloom fert 2-8-6 or something like that.

I have a feeling the CEC is too low in the heavy-composted spot, also ph is too low, which I corrected with lime. These holes will however be GREAT for short season grows, full of nutrients.

The plants actually like 100% native soil as long as it comes from the right spots, I have a suspect male in 100% native soil and it loves the stuff, a lil 20-20-20, hawaiian trade winds, sunshine and rains and it shoots for the skies.

blueoakstprops

Who is the dad?

Who is the dad?

Dubi, please help clear things up.

I am reading in the Zamaldelic thread that the male used is a selected male of the golden tiger line, which i belive because that is what you posted. It is contrary to other posts saying that the male used is the Destroyer F3.

But my real question is about the two different meao thai males that Charlie Garcia talks about in the cannabiogen threads.
He states that there is the Destroyer F3, which origionaly is the Mex/Colombian crossed to the meao thai females.

He also states that there is a Pure Meao thai male, the one used in the Double Thai.

Please clarify if the Golden Tiger Male is of the Destroyer F3 orign
or is the golden tiger male of Pure Meao thai orign.

thanks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Get Mo :D It's a pleasure to the sativas growing outdoors so healthy!! Please, keep us updated during the flowering process!