What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Cleaned8272727

It will stretch a lot, i made a run with one speciment indoors in a hydro setup ( also made a DIARY - it is in hungarian but there is a lot of pictures ), and mainlined it to 16 tops and even tho i switched to 12/12 right after the last topping it almost outgrew the tent ( 170cm ) it was very difficult to controll the stretching even with regular supercropping ( just damaged the stems without bending them ) and it took like 6 weeks to stop.

Also i am curios that is it wise to bring the plant back indoors and put it under artifical light to flower after it got used to sunlight ?

Yeah mine stretched A LOT too the only way I was able to grow it with a 5 foot tent is that I top a lot, also I always keep the light close to the canopy, even since veg. My lights can't be lowered so I prop the pot on buckets, then lowered the height as the plant gets taller. Meanwhile I constantly bend, tie, wrap branches around during stretch, almost daily.

Chungo

It will stretch a lot, i made a run with one speciment indoors in a hydro setup ( also made a DIARY - it is in hungarian but there is a lot of pictures ), and mainlined it to 16 tops and even tho i switched to 12/12 right after the last topping it almost outgrew the tent ( 170cm ) it was very difficult to controll the stretching even with regular supercropping ( just damaged the stems without bending them ) and it took like 6 weeks to stop.

Also i am curios that is it wise to bring the plant back indoors and put it under artifical light to flower after it got used to sunlight ?

Thanks for the input. I am going to give it a try with a Indica variety in the next couple of weeks starting with putting the plant in the garden for the summer. Then bring it in at the beginning of Sept. I am curious as to if the mainlineing can control some of the vertical growth of GT so it would fit in a 1X1.5 meter which is 1.5 meters tall of usable height. My big concern is will it out grow the usable space to finish it?......

Chungo

Yeah mine stretched A LOT too the only way I was able to grow it with a 5 foot tent is that I top a lot, also I always keep the light close to the canopy, even since veg. My lights can't be lowered so I prop the pot on buckets, then lowered the height as the plant gets taller. Meanwhile I constantly bend, tie, wrap branches around during stretch, almost daily.

Thanks. I have a tent that is 4X6 and 5.5 usable height and was hoping it would do for one plant transferred in from the garden in the fall. (I would mainline the plant in the garden for a flatish canopy prior to bringing it in. Do you think that is enough room for one plant after 120 days of veg? Also I keep hearing about the strength of lighting as if GT needs a stronger light. Does the GT need a stronger light source or is it just that they get tall and need more light to get through the canapoy?.....Thanks again..

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for the input. I am going to give it a try with a Indica variety in the next couple of weeks starting with putting the plant in the garden for the summer. Then bring it in at the beginning of Sept. I am curious as to if the mainlineing can control some of the vertical growth of GT so it would fit in a 1X1.5 meter which is 1.5 meters tall of usable height. My big concern is will it out grow the usable space to finish it?......

I regularly grow GT in a box with only 1mtr of head space if you bend and LST them a little and start them on 12/12 from 10 days old they still produce a lot of buds 10oz per plant easily.
Use the growth of pre flower stretch to grow the plant rather than vedging them first.

Dr Bombay

I regularly grow GT in a box with only 1mtr of head space if you bend and LST them a little and start them on 12/12 from 10 days old they still produce a lot of buds 10oz per plant easily.
Use the growth of pre flower stretch to grow the plant rather than vedging them first.

Great thread! Can you still top using the preflower method?

Cleaned8272727

Thanks. I have a tent that is 4X6 and 5.5 usable height and was hoping it would do for one plant transferred in from the garden in the fall. (I would mainline the plant in the garden for a flatish canopy prior to bringing it in. Do you think that is enough room for one plant after 120 days of veg? Also I keep hearing about the strength of lighting as if GT needs a stronger light. Does the GT need a stronger light source or is it just that they get tall and need more light to get through the canapoy?.....Thanks again..

I think it's doable albeit very difficult. 120 of veg is a long veg especially out in the sun. GT stretches quite a bit. The potential problem is approximating how much bigger she would get not being inside the tent. You think oh yeah you have some space only to find out you don't. It also depends on the pot size as well. I would train the shit out of it though while vegging, topping and LST as much as you can but train it so it fits the rectangular dimension of your 4x6. I grow my GT in a 4x2 tent and without thinking about that dimension prior it would have been much harder. Keep her contained during veg though cuz she stretches A LOT, literally snip any branch that gets too long.

Regarding lights, more more wattage is what you need essentially. You can make do with weaker lights the result and yield just won't be as good as it can potentially be. Normally for hybrids and indicas I used to keep only 240w of LED in each 4x2 tent, but I added a 130w and a 60 w light in each of my 4x2 and the plants loved it.

Chungo

I think it's doable albeit very difficult. 120 of veg is a long veg especially out in the sun. GT stretches quite a bit. The potential problem is approximating how much bigger she would get not being inside the tent. You think oh yeah you have some space only to find out you don't. It also depends on the pot size as well. I would train the shit out of it though while vegging, topping and LST as much as you can but train it so it fits the rectangular dimension of your 4x6. I grow my GT in a 4x2 tent and without thinking about that dimension prior it would have been much harder. Keep her contained during veg though cuz she stretches A LOT, literally snip any branch that gets too long.

Regarding lights, more more wattage is what you need essentially. You can make do with weaker lights the result and yield just won't be as good as it can potentially be. Normally for hybrids and indicas I used to keep only 240w of LED in each 4x2 tent, but I added a 130w and a 60 w light in each of my 4x2 and the plants loved it.

Thanks a lot for the insight. I will grow in a 15 gallon tub outside. I have 2 VipersSpectra 600 W lights which in reality is probably not quite enough light but will have to do for the one plant. I have a question as to the 12/12 time as I have always grown to a certain height then switch over to 12/12 for flower. I see a few people suggesting that a guy should put into flower much sooner but I concerned as my plants at 10 days would be very small....thnaks again

Humple W.

Thanks a lot for the insight. I will grow in a 15 gallon tub outside. I have 2 VipersSpectra 600 W lights which in reality is probably not quite enough light but will have to do for the one plant. I have a question as to the 12/12 time as I have always grown to a certain height then switch over to 12/12 for flower. I see a few people suggesting that a guy should put into flower much sooner but I concerned as my plants at 10 days would be very small....thnaks again

Ace used to have growing tips on their website, for each strain, but I see they're now gone? Strange. Must have been a recent change, because I check those tips pretty frequently!

Cleaned8272727

Yeah, even with a 45 day veg my GT didn't look all that big but this girl stretches a lot man. Mine didn't stop stretching till almost week 9 but the height is manageable if you're good at training your plant and be very very meticulous. I used to grow only autos so I got a lot of practice at training plants because without the ability to switch from veg to flower you have to train autos to get good yield.

As I said I'm growing a GT in a 5 foot tent so it's doable. Worst case scenario you veg that sucker for 4 months outdoor it became monstrous, just supercrop, bend those branches around, or just chop the tallest tips because at the time of stretch those tallest tips are nothing but pistils anyway.

Dr Bombay

Hi my friend with sativas like GT yes because they just keep growing I have no experience with Indicas but true sativas will just keep growing if they have food.

Thank you kindly. New to growing. Have two GTs on the go and a Congo Kali, all in flower. The ACE genetics are great. They keep going regardless of rookie mistakes. Keep going Chungo it's worth it!!!

TP-grower

Hi there,👍
I had 4 Malawi Reg Girls (-of 6 Seeds 1 Male/1 die) at one of my last grows (-still 3 Cuttings /2 Different Mothers at flower (D 60-65)!+(the) one i ve safed is realy so fucking special+crazy ;-) ...even I m a Indica lover...ACE is one of my favorite breeders,best ,most potent Sativas/-S Hybrids ever 🤩👌👍
Still ve used the 420 promo some weeks ago at ACE Site directly to buy 3 x 10 packs Reg Golden Tiger Seeds + many other nice Regular only Strains (Orient Express,Bangi Haze,Panama,PCK/Paki-Chitral Kush,Malawi x PCK,Sheberghan(Khalifa Genetics) and 2 packs of Green Mountain Grape (Green Mountain Seeds).
After my holidays at August I will grow the first GT s(-only 4-5 Seeds) together with my Indicas (Balkhis(=Northern Afghan Landrace KhalifaG),Blockhead (OP CimeraG) and the C4DD F2s( Verdant Green) and last but not least :Cutting of my Super-Mutant Pheno KillerMalawi(Mutant-because:-when you cut the mainstem the first leafs are freaky big,broad heavy serrated single-leafes leather shape) =about 2/3,5 weeks faster(Cutting needs only 10,5-11,5/-not 12,5-14w as the other 2 phenos i ve) - with a near perfect Calix/Leaf Ratio,Realy super dense rounded Base Ball/Golf Ball sized Buds so full of very big resin glads(=I never saw any fat,big drops of Cannabis Resin before!!)
-But i know the most GT s will get bigger and stretch more as the Malawi! -So i will SCROG it and train it 😉
Keep on growing and breeding GT ,-peace + regrads Terry Preta

Last edited:

vinrusso

Hi,

Would my GT be considered a Thai dominant pheno? It is in week 9, and still wispy, with lots of alligator tail leaves. What kind of effects can I expect? Planning to take her to week 13. From a faraway glance she doesn't look too resinous but she is slick with it.

Also she is deceptively frosty. Right now she probably has the highest bud to trich ratio lmao I mean look:

It looks Thai dominant for sure. Usually the Thai heavy GT's are very nitrogen sensitive, especially when young.

TP-grower

Jes,it s a Thai dominant Pheno,-the OK Malawi Phenos are much more short with much more dense buds and bigger resin glads ;-)
Good luck at all,-let the GT s grow,-greetz, TP

Gloansy

the tigers took over the tent I kinda feel sorry for those poor lebanese

F74.JPG

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi,

Would my GT be considered a Thai dominant pheno? It is in week 9, and still wispy, with lots of alligator tail leaves. What kind of effects can I expect? Planning to take her to week 13. From a faraway glance she doesn't look too resinous but she is slick with it.

Also she is deceptively frosty. Right now she probably has the highest bud to trich ratio lmao I mean look:

looks way thai to me! Nice find. Which batch of seeds is it from?

LostTribe

Premium user
Quoted from my grow thread. I hadn't seen any balls for a while, so I think it was really a nutrient issue. She's very sensitive that's for sure. THANK GOD I never got rid of this girl because her stature is so wild and cool, a straight pure sativa.

FYI you have a red light on that power strip that is most likely causing you a light leak issue. I would never leave powerstrips inside a tent.

You're welcome!

Might be why that one is so stretchy because the fan leaves look like the Malawi I ran.

Cleaned8272727

FYI you have a red light on that power strip that is most likely causing you a light leak issue. I would never leave powerstrips inside a tent.

You're welcome!

Might be why that one is so stretchy because the fan leaves look like the Malawi I ran.

Good catch but that red light on the strip doesn't work. She hermed because of over nutrient and had since stopped herming once I reduced nitrogen further. She's not stretchy like you think, she seems stretchy because I have a 5 foot ceiling on my tent, including light space.

ridoo

the tigers took over the tent I kinda feel sorry for those poor lebanese

can feel you bro,
been there, done that, with Congos and GT in same closet...

if I could give only one advise to not-so-big tent growers, grow golden tigers alone, those green monsters are territorial, they will take all space and catch all light :)
but this yields dude, worth every day of patience...

awesome strain ! impressive genetic !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Since it has been ages since i reply to this thread :clock watch::bashhead: Sorry for that. I will try to catch up the thread and answer some of the older relevant questions that are still worth to reply.

Sure Azn00superman your GT is a Thai (Meao) leaning pheno. MT leaning phenos are usually VERY electric and energetic. Really nice big sized trichomes on her. How are her aromas at tyhis stage ? It's truly worth to wait until 13th week of flowering, the best is yet to come, i'm sure she will produce nice colas at the end.

What a jungle Gloansy! The Lebanese is also very vigorous, but GT even more! :) How long they have been flowering ?

Ace used to have growing tips on their website, for each strain, but I see they're now gone? Strange. Must have been a recent change, because I check those tips pretty frequently!

You are right Humple W. Due to requirements of the new card processor we are integration on our website, we had to remove all reference to germination and growing so we removed the Growing Tips section from the strain descriptions, but i still will post this info here in the forums with the complete description.

Chungo said:
Just wondering if anyone has manifolded/mainlined GT plants in the past and if you have what was your experience's? Have you done the manifolding for outside plants or under lights? The reason I am asking is I would like to try manifolding a GT plant and put it outside for the summer and bring it in to flower later in early fall. Thanks for looking...

Hi Chungo, yes you can prune several times your young GT plant so it focus the growth more on the side branching rather than apical stem. If you plan to bring the outdoor GT plant indoors in let's say first October then don't germinate the seed before August or later it will grow too big and you will have problems to fit the plant in yout indoor cabinet. Try to don't mix pure sativas with indicas in your indoor unless you have dedicated spaces for each type of plant.

Bravo ridoo :tiphat: congrats on your Gt harvest and thanks for waiting till the very end. 150 days of flowering time on your last GT girl is damn long, you got really Thai Dominant expressions.
How were they aromas in late flowering and harvest time ? Did you have the chance to try the ones you harvested earlier ?