What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding feeding sativas outside. I have 2 monster bushes of golden tiger in my garden, my soil is volcanic sandy loamy with horse manure and grass cuttings dug in at the beginning of winter. We are about to hit 13 hours of daylight, plants are starting to change shape but no flowers.

Plants look very healthy, are a mid green colour, not dark but not yellowing either. My question is would you liquid feed at any point if so what? I have fishmeal based general fert, my homemade worm wee and seaweed that I feed my veges occasionally. I also have canna pk that I give a small single feed of to my indoor soil grow.

This is my first time growing sativa.
I'd love to see some pics man GT is the most awesome plant and one of my absolute all time favorite highs.

RED 1

I'd love to see some pics man GT is the most awesome plant and one of my absolute all time favorite highs.

picture.php

The fix
:D
Thai fix
picture.php

RED 1

Recently chopped Golden Tiger:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Flowering took around 13 weeks to finish with a minimalist hydro setup ( chopped rockwool cubes and manual submerging ebb-and-flow style ) in a 2'x2' tent. Gh floranova bloom from start to finish with some potassiumsilicate/epsonsalt and calciumoxide foliar spray.

For lighting i used a dimmed down ( 100 W ) marshydro tsw 2000 which is in this configuration ( because of the limited space i could not dim it up to increase light intensity/penetration without burning the tops ) is more ideal for short stretching plants trained to flat leafage but not so for long stretching tall sativas so i added some 3000K 6.5w v-tac evolution ( 160 lumen/watt ) bulbs as side-supplement lighting ( 12 pieces - 78W ) .

For training i used manifolding/mainlining, topped the plant 4 times to create 16 tops and used excessive supercropping troughout the whole preflowering period to control the insane stretching.

The plant ended up yielding 261 grams dry. The high is a very intense headspace-journey, with a creeping ( but not unpleasant ) buildup and a heavy ( for a sativa ) body stone.

Overall very pleased with the plant i will definitely grow it again in the future.
Any hallucinations?
Or,maybe a sudden tsunami of energy,so overwhelming you think you're speeding on something else?

MyGrowRoom

I'm sorry photos seem not to be in original quality but here's my Tiger 10 days before harvest.I'm going to harvest it in a few days.We've had hard times yesterday, the light fell on the Tiger,it was a mess but none of the branches were broken off,only a couple was accidentally supercropped.It was a true crime scene.traumatic.But so glad that Tiger is one freakin strong plant and lights were off when it happened. Last 3 photos are after accident and its new position.
I tried samples from immature bottom side branches last week and the high was super.I can say it was very uplifting and happy.

Attachments

• Tiger (7).jpg
    Tiger (7).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Tiger (8).jpg
    Tiger (8).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Tiger (20).jpg
    Tiger (20).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Tiger (6).jpg
    Tiger (6).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Tiger (5).jpg
    Tiger (5).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Tiger (4).jpg
    Tiger (4).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210224_210839.jpg
    IMG_20210224_210839.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 36
  • new position.jpg
    new position.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 38
  • new position (2).jpg
    new position (2).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 38

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Among my future projects, golden tiger x thai ... trying to increase the thai influence while keeping the cross manageable thanks to Malawi ...

F2F

one of my Golden Tigers , outdoors at 35 degrees south . it's just beginning to flower now and i think it will struggle to finish here before the cold, wet weather arrives .planted very late in the season too .

Hiya Rod - which version u growing? My Malawi resinous pheno from breeders pack needs about 155d from solstice. I pulled ~1-2wk short but still nice smoke. Microclimate can also help/hurt.

Peace,
F2F

rod58

Hiya Rod - which version u growing? My Malawi resinous pheno from breeders pack needs about 155d from solstice. I pulled ~1-2wk short but still nice smoke. Microclimate can also help/hurt.

Peace,
F2F

hey mate , yeah it's just the standard malawi/meo thai fem from ACE ..which way it's leaning ? wouldn't have a clue ! though at a guess i'd say malawi !
the last lot i grew were of a fatter leaf pheno which i ended up cobbing .
how do you mean " microclimate can help/hurt ..

RED 1

Question for Dubi, and others who have been growing this girl for a minute.

Thoughts on using Golden tiger in crosses? I know the Malawi is very prevalent in ACE catalogue. I really have enjoyed the offspring of gen 1 GT male. He was a good hybrid representative, leaning neither heavily one way or the other to Thai or Malawi.

When crossed to very equitorial/sativa/long flowering plants,often with similar growth characteristics as the male, the results were mixed... But with shorter flowering parent, wow!! (Read "indica" or afganica worked hybrids) Great frame to make extreme yeilds of very dense buds, excellent terps often in the fruity/berry expression, excellent resin, and good strength of effect

Just wondering if anyone else played with these GT dudes over the years?

Been excellent to me. Thanks to Dubi & ACE team for sharing this line, I think it's been great. I think it is often not given due respect when compared to Panama and Malawi lines.... I think this has been the sleeper in your catalogue for years.
Goden Tiger male,New Caledonian female could be interesting :)

Széklet Nagyúr

Any hallucinations?
Or,maybe a sudden tsunami of energy,so overwhelming you think you're speeding on something else?

I dont know if these counts as hallucinations, but i had intense flashbacks from the past old silent movie style with a yellowish tone, almost like your whole life is larped in front of you by your friends and the theatre is the inside of your skull.
Also sometimes the body stone is accompanied by an unusual feeling of well beign, it is like im chilling on a very old ship ( like the ones the romans used ) and just slwoly floating trough some ether made of history.
The body stone is like i am in a stasis field made of light-like energy but no sudden stuff alltough it is unusually heavy for a sativa.

F2F

how do you mean " microclimate can help/hurt ..

By this I only mean to say if you are in a valley, on the western exposure of a mountain range, top of a hill or down near a river, etc. these can all result in small differences of temperature translating into +/- acceptable grow time.

I have a low site and a high site...cold temps settle into the low site and I can’t let plants go as long there. Only a few meters difference in elevation but the topography funnels cold different through each one. Hope this makes sense.

Peace
F2F

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
By this I only mean to say if you are in a valley, on the western exposure of a mountain range, top of a hill or down near a river, etc. these can all result in small differences of temperature translating into +/- acceptable grow time.

I have a low site and a high site...cold temps settle into the low site and I can’t let plants go as long there. Only a few meters difference in elevation but the topography funnels cold different through each one. Hope this makes sense. Peace
F2F

it sure does.... at my home, the street goes downhill, and 100m from my house , there is a diff diff in temp... not all the time, but def feel it in the am

xtsho

One of the Golden Tigers. All that I planted were females. I was hoping for a male to make seeds with but I guess I'll mix up some STS and make feminized seeds. I took clones from the plants and had 100% success. GT seems to root easily as do most sativa's. At least in my experience. But I usually have 100% success rate regardless of what I'm cloning. I have too much stuff to grow and can't take the time to sprout anymore GT hoping for a male. As it is the current ones should finish just in time for me to shut down the indoor grow due to summer heat.

So I'm just going to pull up a chair and wait for them to finish in a few months.

goldentiger03262021.jpg

ridoo

Day 108 flowering, one of the 4 Golden Tiger I cared so much under my single 250w HPS... this is only one plant, the desk is 1 meter long
harvested the 2 first at day 99
and... there is still one under light she looks very thaï and awesome
this strain is awesome

DSCN6607.JPG

DSCN6621.JPG

DSCN6609.JPG

DSCN6614.JPG

DSCN6619.JPG

Naindejardin

Hey Dubi,

Bought 4 feminized three packs of Ace and I’m so excited! I do have a question though what version is this Golden Tiger?

Attachments

• photo2036763.jpg
    photo2036763.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2036764.jpg
    photo2036764.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 22

Cleaned8272727

I'm at a loss. This is my second time growing GT fem. The first time it threw balls everywhere after 1 month of flower. I figured it was the light timer issues so Im growing the GT fem again which is now at 4 weeks.

Today I went into my tent and saw balls on one branch. There is a stressor somewhere that's causing the Golden Tigers to herm and I can't figure out what. There is plenty of lights and I've made sure to reduce the nutes based on the growing tips. I've invested over two months into this plant and I've been craving to try the famed Golden Tiger so I'm going to stick it with and try to snip off all the balls before they start releasing pollen. I'm not sure if the pollen is sterile or not. I've grown successfully a KA5H and also I'm growing a Panama, both are great and showed no balls except the Golden Tiger. Anyone with any insights as to what I could be doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_093419.jpg
    IMG_20210422_093419.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Latest posts