What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Naturalgazda

Hi All.....

I have a question about humidity in 11/13 mode. For example, does sativa need higher humidity in the first month? Dubí, please. How many weeks does it take for the GT to bloom? I'm talking about the first flowers. Is there a big time difference in phenotypes? Thanks.

G

Hello Naturalgazda!GT usually takes about 3-4 weeks in 11/13 to start forming flowers.During that time she will welcome a tad higher humidity as most plants in veg/early bloom(of course this also depends on the temperatures,too).

Naturalgazda

Hello Naturalgazda!GT usually takes about 3-4 weeks in 11/13 to start forming flowers.During that time she will welcome a tad higher humidity as most plants in veg/early bloom(of course this also depends on the temperatures,too).

Hi Syd Barrett.

Thanks. I'll do it. I didn't deal with hybrids or indicia. But sativa is sativa. Another course .... flowering ..... Regards NG: párty:

musigny23

Is there a big time difference in phenotypes?

I've grown both fem and reg GT seeds outdoors at 37°N the past few seasons. What I have seen is that the fems (and the phenos I've gotten) finish 2-4 weeks ahead of the regs(and the phenos I've gotten with them).

My two fems this season are already cut and dried. Two of three regs are still going but I expect I'll take later this week depending on the weather. I took one of the regs about a week ago.

But that's outside. I'm not sure if it directly correlates to inside but it probably would.

F2F

I've grown both fem and reg GT seeds outdoors at 37°N the past few seasons. What I have seen is that the fems (and the phenos I've gotten) finish 2-4 weeks ahead of the regs(and the phenos I've gotten with them).

That’s invaluable info musigny. Thank you. :thank you:

I went with breeders pack regs so I can chuck. Was worried about OD finish so I started with the earliest line of the four in the pack. Just pulled her yesterday. Most buds show cloudy, some with slight hints of amber.

Test bud
picture.php

Peace
F2F

Naturalgazda

Question

Question

Please, does it make sense to shine sativa on an MH lamp?
I read that there is a blue spectrum in the subtropics and tropics during flowering. Not red, such as in mild climate. Well thank you.

Koondense

Veteran
It makes sense but not for the reason of tropical vs mild climate spectrum, there is no such difference in nature.
MH have more blue and less red so the plants will probably have tighter internodes which makes sativas stretching easier to handle compared to under hps more orange red spectrum.

Cheers

F2F

Hi Dubi, All,

Dubi, this was a breeze to grow. Very happy with the result given the effort - set it and forget it! I really like these genetics you have put together. :thank you:

Here is a brief grow report for GT out of the breeders pack, Malawi resinous pheno. Not fair to say anything on smoke yet as I’ve just finished jarring. But, early samples are pleasing. ;)

Lat 38N
Germ May 1st in coco.
picture.php

Begin feed May 15 PBP grow at 25% strength.

Far right in front. Late May after 25d outdoor veg. Boost to 50% PBP grow.
picture.php

I crammed her in with so many other plants in the outdoor plot I could not get a decent picture of her structure, but she was transplanted OD late Jun at ~18 inches tall into 30% native soil, 50% Promix BX, 20% perlite amended with FF Marine cuisine and N guano. The airpots I started her in really helped with a good start. Fed the same ~1 X ea month until end Aug. this hole was behind a log on a slope, back filled with soil/media hoping to help with moisture.

Pistils visible by early September so I switched to Mother Earth power flower + P guano. Stretch wasn’t too exaggerated, she hit ~9ft. We had almost no rain in Sep so she didn’t do what she could have as I didn’t supplement.

Here she is mid Oct starting to fill a little more. Got a couple light rains.
picture.php

Part two to follow...

Peace
F2F

F2F

Part 2

A picture here of the top in mid Oct. should give u a little idea of bud structure. She’d gotten a little rain by this point but not much.

picture.php

The last two weeks of Oct she got hammered by rain, cool temps, and no sun. Arghh. I decided to chop Nov 1st as pistils we’re all faded. No new reflowering. Here’s the obligatory test bud. This one was cloudy with a touch of amber. I should have waited as temps and sun were abundant the next two weeks and I bet terps, calyxes, and trichs would have improved. But, I was happy with this test bud :D

picture.php

Dried and ready to jar
picture.php

Dubi! Love the terps on this. Overripe/rotten fruit or mango???!!! Going to be mouthwatering in 3-6mo. Thanks again Ace!

Peace,
F2F

Naturalgazda

GT flower weeks 4

GT flower weeks 4

Hi All.

There's more nitrogen like I want to, but I can handle it. I have fertilized minimally, but I see that a rich substrate is enough for them so far.

I also have cuts for 10 days 12/12 and they are ok. Still on the water. Pot volume 0.2l hehe .....

Attachments

• ggggggggt.jpg
    ggggggggt.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 22
  • gtgt.jpg
    gtgt.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
  • clon.jpg
    clon.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 32

Széklet Nagyúr

Recently chopped Golden Tiger:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Flowering took around 13 weeks to finish with a minimalist hydro setup ( chopped rockwool cubes and manual submerging ebb-and-flow style ) in a 2'x2' tent. Gh floranova bloom from start to finish with some potassiumsilicate/epsonsalt and calciumoxide foliar spray.

For lighting i used a dimmed down ( 100 W ) marshydro tsw 2000 which is in this configuration ( because of the limited space i could not dim it up to increase light intensity/penetration without burning the tops ) is more ideal for short stretching plants trained to flat leafage but not so for long stretching tall sativas so i added some 3000K 6.5w v-tac evolution ( 160 lumen/watt ) bulbs as side-supplement lighting ( 12 pieces - 78W ) .

For training i used manifolding/mainlining, topped the plant 4 times to create 16 tops and used excessive supercropping troughout the whole preflowering period to control the insane stretching.

The plant ended up yielding 261 grams dry. The high is a very intense headspace-journey, with a creeping ( but not unpleasant ) buildup and a heavy ( for a sativa ) body stone.

Overall very pleased with the plant i will definitely grow it again in the future.

Last edited:

MyGrowRoom

hello this is my first run with Golden Tiger.I've been wanting to grow it for a couple of years.no wonder it has got high reputation.lovely grows from people in here!

this one is my GT. Week 8 of flowering.I think it is a Thai phenotype from what I read on internet,could anyone enligthen me on the pheno? Thanks

Attachments

• Tiger (20).jpg
    Tiger (20).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Tiger (18).jpg
    Tiger (18).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Tiger (15).jpg
    Tiger (15).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Tiger (8).jpg
    Tiger (8).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Tiger (6).jpg
    Tiger (6).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Tiger (4).jpg
    Tiger (4).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Tiger (21).jpg
    Tiger (21).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 33

vinrusso

hello this is my first run with Golden Tiger.I've been wanting to grow it for a couple of years.no wonder it has got high reputation.lovely grows from people in here!

this one is my GT. Week 8 of flowering.I think it is a Thai phenotype from what I read on internet,could anyone enligthen me on the pheno? Thanks
Hard to say. It has Thai bud structure and kind of broad leaf structure. It's about a 50/50 I would say. More on the Thai side as it is long and lanky, with the long Koh Chang buds. Should be killer. Good luck.

bushed

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding feeding sativas outside. I have 2 monster bushes of golden tiger in my garden, my soil is volcanic sandy loamy with horse manure and grass cuttings dug in at the beginning of winter. We are about to hit 13 hours of daylight, plants are starting to change shape but no flowers.

Plants look very healthy, are a mid green colour, not dark but not yellowing either. My question is would you liquid feed at any point if so what? I have fishmeal based general fert, my homemade worm wee and seaweed that I feed my veges occasionally. I also have canna pk that I give a small single feed of to my indoor soil grow.

This is my first time growing sativa.

rod58

no expert bushed , but i'd be careful of too much fert at this stage with sativas , bit of potash maybe .

Latest posts

Latest posts