What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Tangwena

Veteran
:tiphat:

I'll have to try that Malawi x Ethipian...

Tang vote for most dope posts ever. My man, you keep us all remembering what this thing is all about - "ha ha" as you say! Enjoy the ride!

Good vibes to you Tang. Peace, well wishes, and good fishing brother.

Cheers
F2F
Cheers brother there are a quite a few of us around that like to get high from grass and I mean high, not stoned, not slow, just out of your tree ha ha.

I had some year old Panama x Honduras from a regular tester release today.
Its one of those dial it up type highs. How fast do want to get there type highs.

Leaves me out of breath mentally and physically.
Dubi and co are breading some strong ganja.

musigny23

Ace Ethiopia x Malawi Standard

Ace Ethiopia x Malawi Standard

If you like the GT try the Malawi x Ethiopian I grew the regs and have some popping again now.
The high is just as strong as its cousin GT but you ride a rocket for the first few hours I just love it.
It gets me so high I live in 3 or 4 different worlds all at the same time you would like it just as much as you like the GT.

Did you do your own cross to make a Malawi x Ethiopian or do you mean the Ethiopia x Malawi standard Ace offers? Just checking.
The THC percentage they list for it is lower than for GT but of course that doesn't tell the whole story. What you describe certainly sounds interesting.

Tangwena

Veteran
Did you do your own cross to make a Malawi x Ethiopian or do you mean the Ethiopia x Malawi standard Ace offers? Just checking.
The THC percentage they list for it is lower than for GT but of course that doesn't tell the whole story. What you describe certainly sounds interesting.
Yes they were from Ace from the R & D section.

You are correct THC levels dont always tell the whole story.
The marriage of the Ethiopian and Aces Malawi just jelled.
I got a couple of pheno's all looked similar but the longer flowering one was outstanding.

I am currently in the process of growing them again from the same pack same release in the hope of finding that pheno again.
The first stage of the high was very stimulating mentally and physically followed by a spaced out tripping nothing really mattered happy high.

I love GT and this was just as potent but a very different equally impressive high just blew away my friends some couldn't handle the initial rocket ride up.
But those that could said it was the best high they had experienced and want more ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Goodherb

That Ethiopian highland strain may have provided an spiritual element to the cross,I'm thinking! The locality of landraces ,play an important aspects on these strains, not just soil's,climate's ect...
Ethiopia,is an of mystic's. A homeland of the three main religion's,Judaism, Christian, Islamic, not to mentioned the lesser known local religion.
Icmagite's ,we'll are priests burning cannabis on altars,smoke up,giving thanks to the Most High!
Lights!

musigny23

Yes they were from Ace from the R & D section.

You are correct THC levels dont always tell the whole story.
The marriage of the Ethiopian and Aces Malawi just jelled.
I got a couple of pheno's all looked similar but the longer flowering one was outstanding.

Ah ok, gotta say it never would have occurred to me to grab that particular one. There are so many possibly interesting ones and when you grow once a year outdoors like I do, just what to choose is really difficult.

And since it appears you are inside, I wonder what that would have done in soil with sun.

When did you start it? I have two Fem GTs near Santa Cruz (36°N) and both are well into flowering. Germinated in the last days of March. Also both are in the ground and good sized. I would expect a restricted root zone to get them flowering a bit sooner.

I have two regular GTs from a recent acquisition and those are way behind. Just now forming white pistil crowns.

Our GT fem was started in early May, so a bit later than yours. Sounds like she is at a similar point to your GT regs. With regards to F2F's comment, she has thinner leaves and different growth structure than the Malawi fem and other Malawi crosses in the garden (Killer A5 fem, Malpan fem, MalPCK regular), so presumably she is leaning to the Thai side?

Love the posts from hush and Tangwena! The effects you describe are what I am after, so the input is much appreciated!

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

Wow this is my best of two GT feminized seed plants this year. Getting very near finished and it's not even October yet. This one has done well. The top colas are pretty fat and heavy. I think I got nearly all the potential from the genetics. Will still need to see how it smokes. Last year, my best GT fem was quite strong. This one resembles that one. These feminized GT have broader leaves and little obvious Thai influence.

Just about 3m tall. I think 1000 grams yield is likely with this one. Sorry there isn't much of anything in the photo to give scale. It's a big plant with some very chunky top buds.
13FuhzY.jpg

I didn't have a ladder handy so I couldn't get a good closeup photo of a large top so here's a middle one. As you can see, very close to finished. And around October 1st! Amazing. Due to the sun light angle and character and maybe the camera, this looks a little more yellow in the photo than in reality.
vakIEhD.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Man. There's something about getting high on Golden Tiger that just makes me want to climb the nearest tower and shout down to the entire town how awesome this feels. Does anyone else get that? :biggrin:

I mean, come on. Right?

YukonKronic

Man. There's something about getting high on Golden Tiger that just makes me want to climb the nearest tower and shout down to the entire town how awesome this feels. Does anyone else get that? :biggrin:

I mean, come on. Right?

Lol you got good un!

Cloning issues

Cloning issues

I have attempted to clone my Golden Tiger several times and about 15 cuttings with no luck. Before this I have had really good results and my Panama roots in days. I have tried RW, coco, soil, bubble, and just water and solo cup. I also use clean tools, PH balance, and Clonex. The clones look great for first few days and then begin this weird s curve wilt and they never recover. I have tried more humidity and less, more water and less...

I am getting really frustrated with this plant and trying to clone it.

Any one else have issues?

Any suggestions?

SolarLogos

I have attempted to clone my Golden Tiger several times and about 15 cuttings with no luck. Before this I have had really good results and my Panama roots in days. I have tried RW, coco, soil, bubble, and just water and solo cup. I also use clean tools, PH balance, and Clonex. The clones look great for first few days and then begin this weird s curve wilt and they never recover. I have tried more humidity and less, more water and less...

Any suggestions?
A couple things I have done that helps. I switched to rapid rooter plugs. Last month I finished 100 clones, 100% success with rapid rooter. They are cheap, $17/50 plugs at amazon.
Second, do not spray the leaves of the clones, just the lid/dome of your clone chamber. DO NOT over water your plugs. I usually check mine every 3 days and every 3 or 4 days, have to give a spray to the plug. You want them moist, not dry, but not too wet; they need oxygen or they will die. When I wet the plugs, I spray with a bottle and only wet the bottom half of the sides and bottom of the plug the clone is in. I do not spray the top of the plug or around the stem of the clone and don't overspray. If they stay moist, but not too wet, they will root.
I also like to root my cutting at the bottom nodes. I don't just want to root the stem (cutting the bottom stem at an angle or scraping it), but I like to cut off the new growth on the clone's stem and that is where I get my first set of roots usually.
If all other conditions are as you say, you should see your success rate go way up. Hope this helps.
Peace, God bless
Edit: I wanted to ask, your GT is not going into flower is she? Always try to take your cutting while the plant is in veg. It is difficult to root a plant going into flower as she is concentrating on flowering. It seems they need to go back into veg, before they can root and often (but not always), a cutting won't last that long.

A couple things I have done that helps. I switched to rapid rooter plugs. Last month I finished 100 clones, 100% success with rapid rooter. They are cheap, $17/50 plugs at amazon.
Second, do not spray the leaves of the clones, just the lid/dome of your clone chamber. DO NOT over water your plugs. I usually check mine every 3 days and every 3 or 4 days, have to give a spray to the plug. You want them moist, not dry, but not too wet; they need oxygen or they will die. When I wet the plugs, I spray with a bottle and only wet the bottom half of the sides and bottom of the plug the clone is in. I do not spray the top of the plug or around the stem of the clone and don't overspray. If they stay moist, but not too wet, they will root.
I also like to root my cutting at the bottom nodes. I don't just want to root the stem (cutting the bottom stem at an angle or scraping it), but I like to cut off the new growth on the clone's stem and that is where I get my first set of roots usually.
If all other conditions are as you say, you should see your success rate go way up. Hope this helps.
Peace, God bless
Edit: I wanted to ask, your GT is not going into flower is she? Always try to take your cutting while the plant is in veg. It is difficult to root a plant going into flower as she is concentrating on flowering. It seems they need to go back into veg, before they can root and often (but not always), a cutting won't last that long.

I have a few changes to make, and thanks for the great detailed advice. I tried rapid rooter a long time ago but for some reason forgot them :(

The first several cuttings where from veg but last ones were flower.

I will also try the taking cuttings with new growth because in the past I have just needed a leaf node or two, but stands to reason the free cells that make the roots and such would work better around new growth.

Thanks again...I will use all your recommendations, especially the misting watering technique :tiphat:

Extra--My male that I am going to use to pollinate my Ace girls for the first round finally making usable pollen, so now clones less of an issue :)

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

I grew two GT Fems this year. One is great the other is good too but not as much. The great one is pretty much done. New white pistil growth has petered out. In the first days of October. This current fem version seems Malawi dominated. Fairly broad leaves which is very noticeable when grown next to the current regular seeds which I'm also growing. The regular version looks almost completely Thai. Very branchy and very narrow leaves.

Anyway here are a few pics of my Malawi dominant fem great one. Going to be taking it tomorrow.

crd2j51.jpg

9HE1cw3.jpg

Knop

hello Dubi.
I ordered golden tiger and zamaldelica, could you tell me the best set of indoor lamps? for higher yield?

right

Cloning suggestion

Cloning suggestion

Any suggestions?

After you take a cut ,put the cut end in a cup of water
under water. With out pulling the cut end out of the water ( keep it submerged) make a second cut about a millimeter or two further up , and leave it under 5 minutes , then root powder and plant

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Air layering will enable you to take clones without cutting them off the parent plant, with nearly a 100% success rate for the clones thus created.

The summary is to scrape a one-inch section of a branch on your tree, coat the wound with Clonex rooting hormone, encase the treated area with a sliced open root-riot peat mass plug, tie the plug shut, and finally wrap it in silver foil to keep it dark for root development, which will become apparent after 3 weeks.

https://youtu.be/AoQNNyKZ2jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx27yer4NrQ&t=133s

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

Some new pics from this morning. Weather has been great. There easily could have been some destructive rain events and there haven't been. Very grateful for that.

This is the second of my fem seed GT. This took a few weeks longer to get to this point than the other fem. seed plant I have. Clearly from the plant structure and bud shape, a different pheno. And a different smell. This one has an amazing deep ripe melon fruit dominant aroma I'd call it. Really appealing.

G3oNUvd.jpg

B0h2PtN.jpg

This one is my better of two regular GT plants. Clearly more Thai influence. More branchy, lanky and stretched. Coming into maturity but not quite there yet. A different sort of deep citrus melon fruit on this one. The smell just seems like it will be a potent smoke. Actually that's true with the other one too.

OuwvmTv.jpg

OveRf6R.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts