What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

idiit

Veteran
I get what you mean, i also love the spicy incensey sativas but it was not the goal with the golden tiger,

i'm with you on this aspect. there are a lot of threads on different forums hunting the "new grail". you've mentioned that gt makes a great platform to work off of and that was what i'm referring to. i don't want to lose the tropical fruit smell/flavor and dense hard nugget bud formation for the sake of incense taste/aromas.

P

Peacer

high
tiger have some new price - 25Euro. that is super, its now cheapest of your strains...but ...why?

idiit

Veteran
after searching for a while finally came up with this on meao thai:
posted on mns forum

Originally Posted by dubi
The best non hermie thai i've tried is the meao thai from CBG. It's grows tall and columnar with the typical thai appearance. It also has the classic acrid,lemony and spicy thai aroma and taste, but the resin production, flower/leaf ratio, potency and quality are far superior to others thai i've tried.
^this is the only info on pure meao thai i've found.

"the new grail" hunters are talking a thai/mex/columbian poly sativa hybrid with some nl or s. indian kerala indica influence as a second option as strong contenders.

reeferman did an accidental haze (ah) that is a red point columbian crossed into a red haired mex that he (reef) believes has strong haze undertones. nirrity and pug have posted about the only smoke reports i could find on ah:
PUG
That sandalwood insence smell and flavor sounds exactly like an accidental haze pheno i had but kept the stinkier one, but lost it, lol, it was great smoke and filled the room with insence when lit, i thought the lp was supposed to be lemon pledge though, will the lp2 be similar to accidental haze?
Quote:
All of my hazes are great or they get chucked fast as when I wait 13+ weeks it better twinkle my toes and romance my nose (lol) .
The nl5 haze would have been 3/4 haze or nev's haze I worked with that until I obtained the O-haze than I never looked back .
Accidental haze is not really a haze but rather a landrace selection that accidentally showed up with serious haze undertones
I feel the mexican has serious connections to the early haze .
Reef
ace's malawi is highly regarded by many in the "new grail" hunt.

i happen to have some ah from reef so i just started some ah beans. i think the malawi could possibly be a viable replacement for the indica influence in the "new grail" hunt. ah has small chunky nugs and spicey, earthy, woody aromas per the report. search function temporarily not working or i'd post the report link here.

ah/mt pheno, ah/gt normal pheno could be very interesting crosses somewhat similar to destroyer (different daddy and some malawi influence). edited to add.

after all these years trying to find good od strains for my environment if i could only run 1 strain it would be gt.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Its on.

Its on.

picture.php

homebrew420

Idiit, those look great! So happy in that sun! I Got 11 of 12 the are a month, in 1L pots. So very healthy sun bathing for another week or 2 then inside under 12/12 for there duration. I am real happy thus far, vigorous, bushy and thin leaved. Love em!

Peace

idiit

Veteran
Idiit, those look great!
yep idiit, you are going to be swimming in huge colas in a couple of months.
thanks. i've got 2 small gt gardens so even if 1 goes down i got backup. i'll keep posting progress pics.

i'm serious about how much i like this late evening smoke. special thanks to ace and dubi and cannabiogen for lending out meao thai.; quite a breeding accomplishment.

idiit

Veteran
09210c7e966a2b72e2e81deac05d7243_913836.jpg

^gt fast girl. garden1.7/12/2012

70a0d5f5185266d84127db19ec85a85e_913837.jpg

^gt viney train wreck type stem structure. 5' + bush.garden1. 7/12/2012

i've got 2 gt gardens, 4 females. these are all homemade f2s off gt seed stock from ace dated 12/05/10 on back of seed cover.

i have not taken pics of garden 2 yet. garden 1 is the soil that gave me so much grief last year. i added humus but based on the results in garden 2 i believe i need to bring in even more humus into garden 1. logistically very risky to bring in lots of bulky supplements into any of these gardens.

i'm doing an od metro guerrilla grow. i've lost countless gardens to helicopters; we've got 2 full time heli.'s that are constantly "bass fishing for mj plants". i've also followed the beer cans to several of my od grows over the years (rippers). i try to stay out of my areas unless i need to be in there.

i'm a little dazed and confused over gt1 ( fast girl). she will be finished early august. i suspect random pollen crossed into original gt but early aug. is pretty crazy for gt (even hybrids). the buds look and smell just like pure gts. this plant went thru the summer solstice and did not reveg. it's finishing harder than this pic indicates. i'll definitely take pics at harvest and post smoke reports after curing.

viney girl is pic of gt2. she is a bushy 5'+ girl that showed some degree of weak vine like stem structure in the the first months of grow. the stems are much stronger now. i'm hoping to get a meao thai leaning pheno.

i have clones of all 4 gt 2012 girls. i just took clones of gt fast girl. the other 3 clones have rooted. i'll self the best clones so that when ( not if) i shut down the indoor i'll have the next best thing preserved in seed form. i've seen phenotype variation in selfed seed progeny. i prefer to do lots of fresh hybrids off the original clones but what happens when you gotta shut an indoor garden down? worse thing happens i go back to ace for fresh seed stock.

at garden 2 (no pics yet) my one pheno that really best resembles the original f1s from ace is almost 6' tall and nearly 4.5' wide. very healthy, total bush. the last girl (2) at garden 2 is a very similar looking plant that also might be leaning a little to the meao thai side.

all four gt girls were grown under a 17/7 indoor light photo-period and transplanted od may1. they were all placed 6" deep so the 18" transplants were 12" after tp 5/1/2012. i can carry a gym bag with 5 of these transplants inside in front of lots of people into my gardens without drawing undue attention as long as i limit the number of trips i make and thereby give up a pattern of behavior. the idea of carting in larger transplants is unrealistic and the importance of using fem seed stock is self evident. clones are not an option unless you have a full time year round indoor garden with enough space to run this type of program. clones are also reputed to not be as hardy od as seedlings so i use femmed seeds, started indoors when i chose to. try shutting down a clone only indoor garden and getting started back up again :) .

down here the best chance for survival from bugs, rabbits, coyotes and racoons (digging up fresh tps) and especially brutal summers is getting a deep well established root ball in before summer starts (june 15 it often gets very hot and dry,no rain with 100% rh humidity).

i've got to grow late flowering, early transplanting hardy varieties. brown bud rot and stem rot have killed many a plant.

the fast gt (gt hybrid?) shows no sign of revegging and no sign of bud rot or pm.

a lot of people are looking for an early flowering very potent auto-flower strain. herijuana and gt are to me two of the most potent and hardy od strains available ( herijuana is a pacific northwest od ibl if i remember correctly). maybe the early gt girl will prompt someone to do some intentional fast golden tigers.

the smoke tests and bud formation on all four gt girls might be of interest to some and i'll post pics and smoke results.

garden 2 has some monsters that will do the genetics pictorial justice.

again these are my f2s and should not be confused with ace's original seed stock.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great idiit :) Im glad to hear about the progresses of your own F1 Golden Tigers, there's a fast pheno in the line even in the original F1 generation so i think you can also find it easily (growing less than 10 females) in the F2 generation cos the genetic recombination, we indeed have f2 golden tiger seeds from an earlier (3 weeks earlier) phenos. The earliness of course comes from the malawi early pheno, dominant thai expressions are quite long flowering with thinner stems and more delicate looking. Guess you have a wide expression of the malawi-thai genepool, this is quite normal for a F2 generation.

Wish you the best for your guerrilla gardens, hopefully we can hear about another happy and successful harvest in a few months. Best regards!

idiit

Veteran
the f1 gts from ace are so good after a decent cure that i don't want to even try to hybrid them. i consider this strain to be top level commercial and connoisseur grade product for outdoor grows in my environment ( i've run a lot of strains). that's my perspective fwiw.

dubi has also recently released purple old timer's haze. i've got these up and running. the very special thing about this strain is how it can be used in multiple hybrid combinations to turn out exceptional product. i'll be using p hz to satisfy my pollen chucking addiction next year. :) .

with a relatively true breeding worked purple haze from old timer's stock and golden tiger i am just very very pleased to be fortunate to be able to run some of ace's gear.

gkn

i've run both Old Timer's Haze (had purple and green phenos) and Golden Tiger and i have to say i totally agree with you idiit!

GT
GT_1511.jpg

GT_1470.jpg

gracias dubi!!
saludos!

View Image

^gt fast girl. garden1.7/12/2012

View Image

^gt viney train wreck type stem structure. 5' + bush.garden1. 7/12/2012

i've got 2 gt gardens, 4 females. these are all homemade f2s off gt seed stock from ace dated 12/05/10 on back of seed cover.

i have not taken pics of garden 2 yet. garden 1 is the soil that gave me so much grief last year. i added humus but based on the results in garden 2 i believe i need to bring in even more humus into garden 1. logistically very risky to bring in lots of bulky supplements into any of these gardens.

i'm doing an od metro guerrilla grow. i've lost countless gardens to helicopters; we've got 2 full time heli.'s that are constantly "bass fishing for mj plants". i've also followed the beer cans to several of my od grows over the years (rippers). i try to stay out of my areas unless i need to be in there.

i'm a little dazed and confused over gt1 ( fast girl). she will be finished early august. i suspect random pollen crossed into original gt but early aug. is pretty crazy for gt (even hybrids). the buds look and smell just like pure gts. this plant went thru the summer solstice and did not reveg. it's finishing harder than this pic indicates. i'll definitely take pics at harvest and post smoke reports after curing.

viney girl is pic of gt2. she is a bushy 5'+ girl that showed some degree of weak vine like stem structure in the the first months of grow. the stems are much stronger now. i'm hoping to get a meao thai leaning pheno.

i have clones of all 4 gt 2012 girls. i just took clones of gt fast girl. the other 3 clones have rooted. i'll self the best clones so that when ( not if) i shut down the indoor i'll have the next best thing preserved in seed form. i've seen phenotype variation in selfed seed progeny. i prefer to do lots of fresh hybrids off the original clones but what happens when you gotta shut an indoor garden down? worse thing happens i go back to ace for fresh seed stock.

at garden 2 (no pics yet) my one pheno that really best resembles the original f1s from ace is almost 6' tall and nearly 4.5' wide. very healthy, total bush. the last girl (2) at garden 2 is a very similar looking plant that also might be leaning a little to the meao thai side.

all four gt girls were grown under a 17/7 indoor light photo-period and transplanted od may1. they were all placed 6" deep so the 18" transplants were 12" after tp 5/1/2012. i can carry a gym bag with 5 of these transplants inside in front of lots of people into my gardens without drawing undue attention as long as i limit the number of trips i make and thereby give up a pattern of behavior. the idea of carting in larger transplants is unrealistic and the importance of using fem seed stock is self evident. clones are not an option unless you have a full time year round indoor garden with enough space to run this type of program. clones are also reputed to not be as hardy od as seedlings so i use femmed seeds, started indoors when i chose to. try shutting down a clone only indoor garden and getting started back up again :) .

down here the best chance for survival from bugs, rabbits, coyotes and racoons (digging up fresh tps) and especially brutal summers is getting a deep well established root ball in before summer starts (june 15 it often gets very hot and dry,no rain with 100% rh humidity).

i've got to grow late flowering, early transplanting hardy varieties. brown bud rot and stem rot have killed many a plant.

the fast gt (gt hybrid?) shows no sign of revegging and no sign of bud rot or pm.

a lot of people are looking for an early flowering very potent auto-flower strain. herijuana and gt are to me two of the most potent and hardy od strains available ( herijuana is a pacific northwest od ibl if i remember correctly). maybe the early gt girl will prompt someone to do some intentional fast golden tigers.

the smoke tests and bud formation on all four gt girls might be of interest to some and i'll post pics and smoke results.

garden 2 has some monsters that will do the genetics pictorial justice.

again these are my f2s and should not be confused with ace's original seed stock.
wow idiit great info! (if only the pics were bigger than thumbnails!)

I have so many questions for you, heres a few.

Are the GT F2's as vigorous/big as the f1? Or are you seeing bigger plants and smaller weaker ones?
How fast is your "fast gt" girl? how many weeks flowering would u estimate her? perhaps as short as 8-9 weeks?

I have 6 GT right now, they are healthy an vigorous. One of the seedlings base stem was nearly chewn off, and only holding on by a little string, I left it to fend for itself, I came back a week later, and the base of the stem was a thick lil' knot and the plant is nice and healthy.

Incredible vigor! These are the outdoor seeds i've been looking for. we will see how they fare against the incoming PM.

Unfort. my "tropical mix" sativa pack did not work! I got 2/12 germ rate and those two died.

Its all good though I sorted it out with dubi, he was very prompt, professional and cordial, I will be doing more business with ACE.

idiit

Veteran
i've been reading some of these tolerance build up threads and i'm a little peeved. tolerance build up has not been an issue for me with golden tiger nor my custom herijuana ( mota's heri x extrema (heri-chemd). my custom heri tastes great, good bag appeal and the trimmings (well cured by now) are ripping up all the people in my group that thought they had tolerance build up problems because the local indoor can't get 'em high after the first day of smoking the real pretty indoor strains.. from my perspective they suffer weak breed lame strain genetic problems. i smoked gt every night for a couple of months and never got any tolerance build up issues. i switched to ace seeds and my custom heri 'cause of tolerance build up issues i had with many to most other strains i had run in the past.. just because you can't get high anymore does not mean that you are superman and you got superman tolerances per my view. you do not have to quit smoking pot to get high! what an oxymoronic perspective! i would love other golden tiger smokers to speak up on this tolerence issue. ace deserves the recognition and support for bring these genetics to us imo.

wow idiit great info! (if only the pics were bigger than thumbnails!)
yeah, i resized these pics too small :). i'll re-upload the pics into my pc off my camera and repost sometime today.

Are the GT F2's as vigorous/big as the f1? Or are you seeing bigger plants and smaller weaker ones?
don't know. i grow from seed so i need lots of seeds and i always run my summer gardens off homemade f2s 'cause 10 reg seeds only got 5 females in many cases. these homemade f2s are very vigorous if planted in correctly amended soil. i'll post pics of the lush garden 2 gts soon. there's tremendous variety in both the meao thai and malawi parents of this polysativa hybrid (gt) so i don't suspect bottleneck loss of vigor issues to be a factor until some serious inbeeding for a specific trait has been completed.

gt fast girl should be done middle of aug. i'll post updates with pics and smoke reports. gt fast girl might be an excellent fast type grail for ace to make some real big time money off of if they so choose. hardy, potent, fast, chunky frosty bright green nugs in august? i'll post the smoke report after cure is completed.

i've really thrown my personal support behind this strain because i've been looking for so many traits that are inherent to golden tiger and lacking in so many to almost all of the past strains i've run. you've got the very important to commercial crop traits of hardiness, potency, bud structure ( high quality product, high yield i.e. weight), bright green color, frost, delicious smell, great high after 6 month cure.

bud structure is very important for commercial strains for several reasons. bud structure is not (imo ) as important in top shelf personal smoke product but if you think "nice rack" titties you got a good perspective of the sex apeal of this polysativa hybrid's end product to the mass public.

golden tiger after a 6 month cure is also imo a top level personal smoke strain.

ace is the place for me.

^^

What would you rate the overall bag appeal of the GT?

I hope my soil has enough hummus for my GT. I have used no premade potting soil. I use native soil (heavy clay base) (20%) mixed with perlite (15%), 15% peatmoss/vermiculite, coco (10%), 10% good homemade compost and I would say about 10% old roots (of surrounding plants) from digging up holes, I find these are like natures perlite or peatmoss they help make the soil looser and more airy.

The other 20% is a mixture of hummus-rich decaying wood, fresh rotting guavas mixed into the bottom of the hole soil (lots of sugar content/good smell, maybe will impart flavor?), partially decayed guava tree leaf/bark matter, partially decayed Johnson grass.

To top it all off its mulched with partially decayed guava tree bark/leaves and johnson grass.

im SURE if I let this rot into a nice hummus rich soil over the course of a year it would be great, but I didnt, I just mixed it all up. and planted the GT in them immediately.

I hope the GT has a VERY vigorous root system that will tear through this "unfinished" soil mix.

We will see how they do.

idiit

Veteran
What would you rate the overall bag appeal of the GT?

8.5 compared to indoor product on 1-10 scale. the bud structure and smell are excellent.

I use native soil (heavy clay base)

^the heavy clay soils in my area are the most fertile and yield the better product. the sandy soil here is what is so hard to work with. by the time i usually get my soil right i've had to move gardens and start over due to poo poo or rippers.

idiit

Veteran
82cdfbc3e87b2d1ecfdc584d10ed42e9_916766.jpg

pics taken yesterday 7/23/2012.

fast malawi pheno of gt homemade f1's. finishing fast. i think i'll have bud ready 2-3 weeks. if this girl produces bud as potent as the normal gts then i suspect ace has one of the best fast outdoor varieties' phenotypes available on the market.

no mold issues despite very high heat/rh humidity conditions. buds look and smell just about like the original ace seeds gt performance. the buds are very tight and hard for sativa. good resin. i'm getting a macro lens so i can post dried bud pics and i'll give smoke reports after different durations of cure.

1956e62092ed2ee60891e864ca06eaf1_916767.jpg

^vine like meao thai pheno ( i think). really hasn't done much. she has not shown any signs of flowering yet and has lots of time to get big. i watered hard ( water hole had filled up) at this garden 1 location. the mt pheno should get real big, just need water.

these are metro guerrilla grows and i got to stay out of these areas unless i need to be in 'em. the other gt garden's gts are probably between 6.5' -7' and very bushy by now. i'll take and post pics when i go in next time. the soil in gt garden 2 is much better than the amended soil at garden 1.

both of the garden 2 gt's strongly resemble the original ace seed stock plants. garden 1 is showing special phenos available in the homemade f2's. i'll use the two gts at garden 2 for seed hybrids ( got clones rooted of both). i've got two cuttings of the fast malawi pheno trying to root. i've also got rooted clone of the vine like ( only was vine like in the first month after transplanting, then stems got much stronger) mt pheno cloned and rooted already as well.

Seems like GT is a thirsty girl, do you think she drinks more water than most plants? I know for a fact some plants drink heavier than others based on genetics.

and idiit is there any way to view larger pics of your plants? the pics are so small!~!!!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
click on eem, go to public profile, then go to his most recent album. Thats wut I jus did... lookin good yo!

idiit

Veteran
Seems like GT is a thirsty girl, do you think she drinks more water than most plants? I know for a fact some plants drink heavier than others based on genetics.
i don't honestly know. the mt vine like pheno grew significantly in the stem base area. that was the only major area of growth in the 12 days between pics. looks like she is gearing up to get big by establishing her foundation for future growth. garden 2 has very thick clay soil. the heavy clay seems to hold water retention levels much much better than the sandy clays soils and i suspect the sandy clay soil is much more susceptible to acidic ph drift when od temps. exceed 90 f.

^so yeah, it appears that the genetics of gt love lots of water, but i don't know for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts