What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
lookin a lil mo healthy....
picture.php

idiit

Veteran
nice get mo! i'm looking forward to your input on how she smokes after different stages of cure time.

i'm no authority. most of the foundation of my understanding actually comes from research of experienced grower/smokers like yourself and of course my favorite "mentor"; dubi ( i read his posts and pay close attention).

i then use this basis to decide what to grow. i then trust my own personal experiences in the end.

i resist any pressure to conform to a majority opinion as do many others here at ic. in the end we all have our own individual preferences, likes and dislikes.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
yep, I'll give a full report when done... The last one I grew the flavor wasn't all there but the high was some putchou-down done dada nap time weed.
here she is again...
picture.php

idiit

Veteran
the cure time improved my gt taste both years. this year (2012 od organic grow) gt now tastes very good. the very early ( august harvest) "fast malawi" pheno of gt never improved in flavor after cure.

i've got quite a few "friends" that want to smoke gt. they like the power and duration of high as well as the taste when cured over 3 months. no tolerance build up. they understand that this is outdoor grown landrace hybrid and don't expect indoor hydro bag appeal. the bud structure is perfect. it doesn't get too dense ( od bud mold problems increase once the bud structure gets too tight in my hot humid environment). absolutely no bud mold problems on 2011, 2012 grows. i like the late flowering window as the bud comes in after "summer bud rot season" for me.

this years bud is not as green as 2011 grow that looked much like yours get mo.

gt weighs out after the dry/cure. together with potency, duration of high and hardiness in my area that demands hardiness is why i consider it to be a cash crop candidate. this year's malawi dom. does have a strong narcotic effect. the more meao thai dom 2011 had lots more energy and more trippy high effects.

neither the 2011 nor 2012 phenos smoke exceptional power wise until extensive cure. both smoke full potency after 6 months. the 2011 meao thai dom pheno remains the "best ever" smoke for me after and only after she got full 6 month cure.

i grow more than 1 strain and lots of my strains smoke fine before an extensive cure so i just kick gt back and smoke some of my other stuff until then.

hope you get something close to my 2 011 pheno.

idiit

idiit

Veteran
^ i'm using homemade f1 fems from my store-bought gt reg.. still have about 100# beanos of these left. so far i've found fast early gt, a meao thai heavily influenced ( i think) gt, and a malawi dom. gt ( again i suspect based on stone effects).

i'm getting educated on these myself. the mt influenced gt adds energy (keeps you awake) and trippiness possibly. dubi has posted that the frosty malawi pheno is a cannanoid bomb ( thc, thcv, cbd, cbn...); tested higher than any strain and was only behind a couple of hash samples. the energetic dreamland trip high effects might come from a frosty mom malawi /meao thai pheno.

the heavy narcotic 2012 high effects still has an interesting consciousness raising aspect to it. i'm able to solve problems with insight gained from smoking the 2012 gt much like the 2011 product.

always looking to dubi for insight.

idiit

Veteran
^ yeah! if i recall correctly the frosty malawi mum is high thcv which is suspected to be the "trip bomb".

for the frosty mum identification in gt you probably have to wait for the bud to develop. clones, selected seeded bud sites for future grows recommended.

for high meao thai influence i think narrower leaves, brighter green ( not bright green, brighter than drab olive green), narrower stems with slightly longer inter-nodal length, and late flowering windows are good indications.

from my grasp of the "breeding threads" homemade f1's offer more phenotype expressions than the original f1 store bought strains and homemade f2's can offer full phenotype expressions if enough seeds (100+) are made.

as always dubi is the pro and his comments are what i value.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
One other thing I'd like to add about my gts. I have never come across plants with such strong and thick main stems. They literally feel as strong as bambo canes and one of my six footers has a base as thick as a can of coke. Just incredible. It gets really windy and wet here in summer so their strengths will be we'll suited to my climate

Your garden must be glorious now crazy shovel!

The malawi killer mum and the double thai (koh chang pheno) female selected to produce the Golden Tiger fem version both have a very strong structure, they are not thin delicate and lanky sativas.

Here's the koh chang thai stem in late flowering.

Attachments

• thai_koh_chang_stem_base2.jpg
    thai_koh_chang_stem_base2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
S

sativagrower87

The malawi killer mum and the double thai (koh chang pheno) female selected to produce the Golden Tiger fem version both have a very strong structure, they are not thin delicate and lanky sativas.

Interesting... So Golden Tiger fem is Double Thai x Malawi and regular version is Malawi x Meao Thai? :chin:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Here's the koh chang thai stem in late flowering.
Hi Dubi-

Are all Golden Tiger fems currently out there (e.g., Seed Boutique, etc.) made with these same parents, or is this a special release of GT fems?
Only from Ace Seeds direct?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi-

Are all Golden Tiger fems currently out there (e.g., Seed Boutique, etc.) made with these same parents, or is this a special release of GT fems?
Only from Ace Seeds direct?

Hi LowFalutin,

This is the first and only Golden Tiger feminized release by now, all the stock is exactly the same: Double Thai female (Koh Chang thai pheno) x killer malawi (reversed). There's no much stock left!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I have the regular GT's going along side some Pakistan Chitral Kush.

I figure the PCKs will have plenty of vegging time by the time I get these Gt's sexed and cloned.

picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
Should i be on the look at for a particular pheno in this line? so far they all look very similar apart from one that has much larger didtance between nodes and seems to smell more citrus........i will clone all plants but i am interested to know if there is much diversity and what to look for