What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Ncali those are nice looking girls. They have some shriveled pistils and look cloudy. How much longer do you think? How long has it been for indoor one?

@FletchFFletch I count 22 seedlings. How many of them are GTs. How many little tiger cubs?

It looks like I make the full moon Fletch. Full moon here is Wednesday 7th at 11:08 pm. Should I harvest at 12:01, the closet next day time to exact full moon time? Or just the next day and quit overthinking? I have one plant that is in its' harvest window. The other 2 are going to be a Fire Lion harvest.

Right on iTarzan way to go! So from the Time it goes Full until 2:49am on the 9th we'll be in Gemini. Fire Lion goes from December 11th 3:09pm through the 14th at 3:45am. All times are EST. Can't wait for some Harvest shots and the future Smoke Report.

There are 12 Tiger Cubs. 4 of the Annapurna have broken through. The seedlings to the left are Neville's Haze Ryder from World of Seeds.

iTarzan

Thanks! I was hoping for some exact times. My wife subscribes Sky Calendar from Northwestern University and it didn't tell me a damn thing except time of full moon and location of Gemini in the night sky.

I figure I will let them absorb the power of the full moon and then chop the one in the morning just before sunrise in the twilight.

12 tiger cubs will grow into a handful Fletch. I started my seeds later in the season. I just wanted to sex them, takes cuts from the females and then flower them to see if keepers. I will keep them all until I find other GT I want to keep more.
I started late and topped them 3-4 times. If not they would have overrun the greenhouse. There are 3 in the container which has the bottom off and roots in the ground. So they are not huge as GTs go. They would certainly be big yielders if just topped once or not topped.
The other 2 will be chopped Monday 12th just before sunrise. Just like indoor growers sometimes chop right before the light comes on.

Last edited:

iTarzan

The sun was coming up as I said my secret incantations. I held my pruning shears up to the sky and then I chopped one of the GTs down.

DSCN3619.jpeg
DSCN3620.jpeg
DSCN3621.jpeg
DSCN3622.jpeg
DSCN3623.jpeg
DSCN3624.jpeg
DSCN3627.jpeg
DSCN3628.jpeg

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks Tarzan for the kind words. The outdoor will probably be down before the weekend. She goes through fits of reflower, just as the indoor is doing.

The indoor girl was used as a receptacle for a little tom hill haza pollen for seed production... she will come down in a couple weeks, she won't have much smokeable left, a few nuggies if anything. Many seeds tho. The outdoor had some blueberry pollen put to it. Outdoor girl, she's been flowering since maybe September? I forget.

Old Fogey

@JustGrowing420 You did 11/13 from seed? How long was the veg phase?

I wanted to ask the same but forgot it. 😅(y)
I've grown Ace Malawi regular at 11.30hrs/12.30hrs from seed. A couple of packs for 6 or 7 females, a few runts that were culled and some nice males. They showed between day 26 and day 35 or 36 from memory. Certainly no sooner or no later.

The best yielding, sweetest fruity pheno was one of the very last to show and it went 112 days from first light to chop. It was a gorgeous plant, excellent yield of 3oz or so of clean bud from a 1 gal pot, a beautiful high inducing a very spiritual and healing contentedness. I loved it, was a 9 outa 10 every day of the week.

Peace

iTarzan

Sounds good Old Fogey. Were they all in the same range as far as potency or were there high and low examples? One gallon pot and 3 ounce harvest is actually really good IMHO. What medium were you using? I will guess coco fiber.

iTarzan

So tomorrow, according to my astrology/farmer's almanac mentor fletch, starts Fire Lion at 3:09 pm. I am considering a 12 midnight chop or wait until right before sunrise again. Whenever the mood strikes.

My Gemini harvest plant has been hanging 2.5 days and I took a couple branches to make a cobb. I figure I will make and sweat 3 cobbs (1 each plant) during this 5 days of Gemini and Fire Lion. It can't hurt.

Fletch what makes it Fire Lion? I been researching but nothing fore sure. Just talk about the Fire signs Aries, Leo and Sagittarius and Mars the red planet (fire?)

I am Capricorn (earth sign) Wife is Cancer (water sign) together we can grow a pot plant. She is on the cusp July 22. Cancer/Leo, water/fire, lots of conflict LOL! Not really.

Here is my Golden Tiger pheno #4 cobb. It is sweating as I type.

DSCN3629.jpeg
DSCN3632.jpeg
DSCN3633.jpeg
DSCN3634.jpeg

Old Fogey

Sounds good Old Fogey. Were they all in the same range as far as potency or were there high and low examples? One gallon pot and 3 ounce harvest is actually really good IMHO. What medium were you using? I will guess coco fiber.
The fruity phenos were consistently potent with large, thick colas on top with productive branching. I had 3 really nice ones all up across 3 different grows. Yet another fruity pheno was different to the others in every way, extremely loud odor of pot-pouri/fresh cut floral bunches that smelled nothing like cannabis. It had aqua/light blue buds that were rock hard but of average size. A woody pheno had its moments but was a very ordinary plant. And I had one purple pheno which is another type of fruity pheno again, which I talk about elsewhere. That was a great plant but very average smoke.

The Malawi fruity pheno is a fantastic plant in every way.

Peace

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
@Old Fogey , yours sound awesome!!

@iTarzan you are correct: Leo is a Fire sign, that is exactly where "Fire Lion" comes from. The info comes from Llewellyn's 2022 Moon Sign Book, published since 1905. It's a lot like The Farmer's Almanac. Printed annually with correct times and dates. They make a Wall Calendar with the same guidelines.

Not to late to add it to your Holiday list, no matter which Holiday you celebrate!!! Cheers.

Old Fogey

Yes, hand fed hydro nutes in coco/perlite. Ace strains consistently yield more than plants from other breeders in the same grow.

I got roughly 3-4 oz from more than 1 plant grown in 1 gal pots with an Ace Malawi x Peak Seeds BC Blueberry cross I made myself. Buds on all phenos were rock hard, a light green one was very strong smoke, darker green and purple phenos were mild.

Peace

Attachments

• 20210306_103010.jpg
    20210306_103010.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 20210428_165539.jpg
    20210428_165539.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50

iTarzan

So I waited until the sun went down. I thanked Leo, Mars and the moon and then sang "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" (for real) and chopped the last 2 Golden Tigers down. They have a strong smell of floral, fruity tea, pine and maybe citrus. These pics are from before the harvest while it was still light out. They wouldn't have made it through the night because it is supposed to get down to around 14 and that would have taken the greenhouse down to 23-24 F.

Except for a couple more cobbs this is the final harvest pics. The season is over. I included a pic of one of the top fan leaves. Not giant but a nice sativa leaf specimen.

The buds did increase in density the last few weeks. They are quite firm and dense and as you see frosty trich covered goodness.

DSCN3636.jpeg
DSCN3637.jpeg
DSCN3638.jpeg
DSCN3639.jpeg
DSCN3640.jpeg
DSCN3641.jpeg
DSCN3642.jpeg
DSCN3643.jpeg

Fennecfox

Just popped golden tiger 2nd and 3rd version fems. Thanks so much ace for the years of hard work!
I read most of this thread I could’ve missed it but does anyone flower rosin press their golden tigers lowers?
I normally wash lowers but feel like that would be a huge waste yield wise compared to flower press with sativas.

Latest posts

Latest posts