What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Shua1991

Hello 🙂
GT 3 was cut last sunday at night with GT 2 after 14 weeks of bloom.
N°2 has strong resinous and floral/fruty smell, i don't know exactly but it's very sweet.
N°3 don't smell strong, resinous and a little lemony touch i suppose but not sure.
I hope those girls have that famous GT effects :sasmokin:
Here are few pics of GT 3.
First is a family picture with N°2 and 3.
View media item 18706218
View media item 18706219
View media item 18706220
View media item 18706221
View media item 18706222Very happy with that strain, i think i must select balanced and thaï pheno next year, they've very good mold resistance in my place at 46° north.
@iTarzan , thank you very much for your kind words.
That's one of the main traits I wanted to pass onto my Golden Tiger Hybrid, I hope to have the mold resistance I've noticed in Golden Tiger on a current project.

JustGrowing420

68 days .... :watchplant:
full

full

🤤

iTarzan

@J@ck you are at 46N and had those 2 plants outside until Nov 13... How? Isn't it cold there? Are you on some coastal area getting warm breezes? I am at 42N and I needed a greenhouse to make it until Nov 10 and now with a little heater to make it the last 10 days. If my greenhouse can keep it from freezing tonight I will be able to make it until Nov 28 according to the 10 day forecast.
The buds have slowly gotten more dense but they didn't stack as much as yours but you can see a similarity between our plants. Our buds are rounded buds which can be seen individually in areas. Just growing has big spear shaped colas. I had some SSH x PTK CloneMan seeds from way back in 2006 that some off them had colas like that.
I will post my pics from this morning. The past 24 hour temp range inside the greenhouse with the heater on 24/7 was 32.6 F to 60.5 F. That 32.6 inside was with the outside temp at 22. It might reach 29 inside tonight as the temp will be 19 outside. Many of my wild plants from years gone by survived an overnight low of 28. Fingers crossed.

Pics in a minute.

iTarzan

Here they are. The tall one is close to 7 feet and has been chopped many times in its life or it would consume the greenhouse. The buds have excellent trich coverage. The trichs look all cloudy. I think this would smoke good now but I will wait as long as I can. The buds remain sticky and have smells from fruity to pine and citrus maybe.

DSCN3599.jpeg
DSCN3600.jpeg
DSCN3601.jpeg
DSCN3602.jpeg
DSCN3603.jpeg
DSCN3604.jpeg
DSCN3605.jpeg
DSCN3606.jpeg

iTarzan

It is ALIVE. It got down to 16F last night and the greenhouse went down to 26.4 and the Golden Tigers took it like champs. When I checked at 8:30am the sun was out and it was 32 outside and 54F inside the greenhouse with the sun on it. The plants look totally happy. The inside temps of the greenhouse should have lows of around 40 for the next 10 days. I will be harvesting in December in Pennsylvania. Long flowering sativas are now in play outside.

iTarzan

It is an electric oil filled radiator. I did some research and they are the best option because they heat themselves to a certain temp and then turn off if the unit gets too hot. They radiate heat into the air and heat the room not objects in the room. It will run as long as it doesn't overheat. It also has tip over protection. I have a controller on it that turns off power if inside temp goes over 80. The sun can make it get over 80 even when the heater is off. The heater 1250 watts and 15 amps. I also have one that is 1500 watts and 20 amps but not using it right now.
If I had a greenhouse with 10-12 plants I would pay the electric to run these. But just one plant is an experiment and it worked. Next year a full greenhouse.

goingrey

The thing to the left is the thermometer hanging from plant. It stores high and low temps until you clear them. I reset it every morning.
Oh right of course.

I wonder if a fan would be useful in a greenhouse late in the season. Airflow with doors and flaps closed (to keep heat in), maybe spreads the heat from the heater around the greenhouse better?

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Yup, we use an oil filled radiator thingy in our basement room that isn't heated. Hope to use that room as cold storage for veggies...beets, carrots, etc. so we didn't plumb heating in there. I think that our unit has two heat settings. I trust it more than other type units, as far as fire safety is concerned.

iTarzan

We need to have a meet up at a clone exchange in some legal state and share our GT clones in our GT group.
I wonder if there is an incredible keeper cultivar of Golden Tiger that is the best of the best. A one toke wonder that when you finally stop laughing, soaring and dreaming you wake up surrounded by all the various food container/wrappers you consumed in your altered state.

Shua1991

We need to have a meet up at a clone exchange in some legal state and share our GT clones in our GT group.
I wonder if there is an incredible keeper cultivar of Golden Tiger that is the best of the best. A one toke wonder that when you finally stop laughing, soaring and dreaming you wake up surrounded by all the various food container/wrappers you consumed in your altered state.
I had one that was incredible, 5+ hours on a single joint, stuff was like speed, everyone I shared with thought it was laced with cocaine, I had to get rid of it in a legality scare before ny legalized. I wish I had that phenotype, i grew another 60 plants and none were even close, I plan to grow 100 more soon but I'm going to try a few hundred of the GT hybrid I made and see if something is similar, if not I'll pull the trigger in the GT again.

goingrey

I had one that was incredible, 5+ hours on a single joint, stuff was like speed, everyone I shared with thought it was laced with cocaine, I had to get rid of it in a legality scare before ny legalized. I wish I had that phenotype, i grew another 60 plants and none were even close, I plan to grow 100 more soon but I'm going to try a few hundred of the GT hybrid I made and see if something is similar, if not I'll pull the trigger in the GT again.
Wow that's a pretty respectable size for a pheno hunt.

How do you test a few hundred plants? Only so many you can test in a day, maybe even just one.. did the pheno have some distinctive look or smell you can zoom in on?

Shua1991

@Shua1991
The plant you lost... were the seeds regs or fems?
They were regs from 2018, #28 of 46 It flowered for about 15 weeks from flip at 11/13 lighting schedule, I remember distinctly it had a woody carrot smell and tasted a bit nutty, like cashews or macadamia, it was fed only water and showed nute burn when I attempted to feed it nutes so I stopped that immediately, didn't seem to want any. It grew fingerlike pointy flowers and was on the lower yielding end compared to some other phenotype like the more rounded fat flowered phenotypes. I knew it was special when it was already the best smoke I'd ever had at 2 weeks cure, at 3+ months it was and still is the best smoke I've ever had, it's definitely worth hunting through 100 regs to find her again, I just need the wherewithal to actually do so again, I could have just gotten lucky on the initial 48 seeds and found something really rare.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Wow that's a pretty respectable size for a pheno hunt.

How do you test a few hundred plants? Only so many you can test in a day, maybe even just one.. did the pheno have some distinctive look or smell you can zoom in on?
Well, I prefer growing regs, so half that are males roughly speaking. Something about trichome density and size tells me which phenos to smoke first, the ones with fewer fully formed trichomes(appearing hair-like without heads) generally get skipped over, anything with pronounced smells on stem rub usually get priority, i also take note of when they show sex(later sexing the better, generally) and the longer flowering phenotypes are usually longest lasting in effects, some pushed 4 hours and were like less impressive versions of the true keeper, but if the plant can impress you at 2 weeks after drying, then 2-3 months will likely blow you away when the curing starts to finalize, I think around that point final judgement on smoke quality can be made. I grew every pheno twice, and they all were even better after the second harvest, just 1 plant really stood out from the pack, despite lower yield, That's what I look for.

iTarzan

Shua I like having a speedy pot on hand to get stuff done but I wouldn't say super speedy is something I would consider for best pot ever. Did it get you high? Really high?

OZZ_

Veteran

I am in a legal state…. And I would be happy to host something like this 🤘🤘🤘🤣🤣🤣