What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

SonicNurse92

Hola a todos

Hello to everyone

A feminized mix of Golden Tiger F1 2017 with Honduras P1 2017. Outdoors 12/12 all the way here in Ecuador. 5 months. All Organic. Two years of indoor work and selection. Height 2+ meters

Available for exchanges. I posted all the info in the Oldtimer's Haze thread. Sorry for not repeating everything.

Best Regards and take care amigos. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_090305.jpg
    IMG_20220610_090305.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20220616_175835-1.jpg
    IMG_20220616_175835-1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20220616_175841-1.jpg
    IMG_20220616_175841-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20220616_175856.jpg
    IMG_20220616_175856.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20220619_150723-1.jpg
    IMG_20220619_150723-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220619_150726-1.jpg
    IMG_20220619_150726-1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
Golden Tiger Fem version @37N

This Plant took forever to start to flower!, but as @dubi has previously mentioned, we've had an exceptionally hot summer and all the ladies are flowering 2 weeks late!

20221019_141057.jpg

20221019_141025.jpg

20221019_141033.jpg

20221019_141044.jpg

The weather is holding out nicely at the moment. We had a some pretty heavy rains a week or so ago, but none are forecast for the foreseeable future.

The temperature's are slightly above average at the moment; Low to mid 30c's, dropping to 18-20 at night.

Lot's of sunshine, so still good beach weather.

Attachments

• 20221019_141048.jpg
    20221019_141048.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 50

iTarzan

My GT grow is still alive and well. I am at 41.5N and in a greenhouse. I need to go until the end of November.

They are in a grow bag with the bottom cut off sitting on top of an in ground hole with my flowering soil mix. We had some frost right at 32 degrees a few nights but the greenhouse kept the plants safe. It would be 58 to 65 during the day. I put an electric oil filled radiant heater in the greenhouse and it keeps it warm. I am putting a thermometer with high low memory in there tomorrow. I bet it is 60 at night and 75 during the day.

DSCN3524.jpeg
DSCN3525.jpeg
DSCN3526.jpeg
DSCN3527.jpeg

J@ck

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @musigny23 Sativas always finish earlier in your garden! Would love to know your opinion on why your environment seems to speed up ripening on most sativa strains.

Pleased to know you have been growing Golden Tiger every season for the last 6-7 years, means a lot to us ! :) You are correct, since latest GT regular and feminized reproductions 2 years ago, i have decided to only produce seeds from the 2 Thai dominant Golden Tiger 2.0 females (one leaning Koh Chang, the other to Meao Thai) hence growers are lately finding more Thai dominant expressions in current Golden Tiger 2.0 releases, and less Malawi influenced plants.

Hope your greenhouse GT can make it @iTarzan ! (y) Looks to me like a Meao Thai dominant phenotype.

Your 3 guerrilla Golden Tigers are looking great heading their last stage of flowering @J@ck :D
If you have the chance kindly post closer pics of the flowers, hopefully we can identify more traits from their lineage.

Looking dangerous already @Hombre del mont with those huge trichomes and she is barely in mid flowering. I have the feeling she is going to be an epic hitter, as you like so much from this strain.

A pleasure to know you are running your favorite Golden Tiger selection again @JustGrowing420 and that she delivers your favorite effects! ;)

Great looking Thai dominant pheno @Koondense you harvested in late September! :smoke:
Guess your GT indoor harvest must be a in a great curing moment at this point. What's your opinion on her ?

Foggy420 how did your Golden Tiger finish ?

Wow @Shua1991 thanks a lot for going so deep into Golden Tiger :love: your feedback is much appreciated and so meaningful. I'm a bit anxiety prone and always found Golden Tiger's psychoactivity was too strong to me for medicinal use. So glad it works so well for your lymes disease, it also works great against chronic pain, well ... if you can deal with its rocket effects heheheheh mind feels so high and in another planet that there's strong dissociation from the body-pain, although GT high can easily be quite psychologically challenging if your mind is not in the 'right place'.

Thanks for keep working the line with your selections and further filial generations, and sorry for not replying earlier (thought it did!).

J@ck

Foggy420

Wowza what a page.
Thanks for asking Dubi, and for encouraging me to start chopping. My Hon x Pan and Haze x KC finished just ahead of this GT, so
I've got get through taking those while I give GT a few more days.

This GT is the only plant I've ever grown that has absolutely zero botrytis. I'm basically farming botrytis here so it's really something to say ZERO even on a damaged stem or branch joint.

By looks I think mine resembles JustGrowing's indoor the closest. The buds aren't huge but have frosty tight little structures. I'd describe the aroma as lemony.

The trichs are all cloudy so I'll take it down this weekend.

1666999551077.jpeg

1666999626288.jpeg

1666999653607.jpeg

Legalcdn

Beautiful plants. You growers are just finishing and I am just getting started with my GT. My ETA to harvest is end of April indoors due to veg/cloning and waiting for fem Destroyers to finish in December. May they smoke as good as they look.

AScrilla

Hi @musigny23 Sativas always finish earlier in your garden! Would love to know your opinion on why your environment seems to speed up ripening on most sativa strains.

Pleased to know you have been growing Golden Tiger every season for the last 6-7 years, means a lot to us ! :) You are correct, since latest GT regular and feminized reproductions 2 years ago, i have decided to only produce seeds from the 2 Thai dominant Golden Tiger 2.0 females (one leaning Koh Chang, the other to Meao Thai) hence growers are lately finding more Thai dominant expressions in current Golden Tiger 2.0 releases, and less Malawi influenced plants.

Hope your greenhouse GT can make it @iTarzan ! (y) Looks to me like a Meao Thai dominant phenotype.

Your 3 guerrilla Golden Tigers are looking great heading their last stage of flowering @J@ck :D
If you have the chance kindly post closer pics of the flowers, hopefully we can identify more traits from their lineage.

Looking dangerous already @Hombre del mont with those huge trichomes and she is barely in mid flowering. I have the feeling she is going to be an epic hitter, as you like so much from this strain.

A pleasure to know you are running your favorite Golden Tiger selection again @JustGrowing420 and that she delivers your favorite effects! ;)

Great looking Thai dominant pheno @Koondense you harvested in late September! :smoke:
Guess your GT indoor harvest must be a in a great curing moment at this point. What's your opinion on her ?

Foggy420 how did your Golden Tiger finish ?

Wow @Shua1991 thanks a lot for going so deep into Golden Tiger :love: your feedback is much appreciated and so meaningful. I'm a bit anxiety prone and always found Golden Tiger's psychoactivity was too strong to me for medicinal use. So glad it works so well for your lymes disease, it also works great against chronic pain, well ... if you can deal with its rocket effects heheheheh mind feels so high and in another planet that there's strong dissociation from the body-pain, although GT high can easily be quite psychologically challenging if your mind is not in the 'right place'.

Thanks for keep working the line with your selections and further filial generations, and sorry for not replying earlier (thought it did!).
Hello @dubi and everyone else. I am new to GT and I have been growing GT ace seeds outdoors in Northern Virginia USA since early May. The plant is about 9 feet tall and doing well and she weathered a few 34F nights with light frost easily. Now the temps are 45F (night) to mid 60sF/low 70sF (daytime). However, “winter is coming” and I want to know about how many more weeks you think are needed for her to finish. By mid-November the lows will be upper 30s and the highs will be low 50sF. Pre flowers appeared in August. I am not one to go strictly by time estimates since latitude, altitude, temperature (cold/hot spells) and other factors vary so much, but I do use it as a guide for planning harvests. I am guessing about 3 more weeks but I have never grown GT and she is my first 100% pure sativa grow. Any advice on time left to finish will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 280D8F48-9CB2-43AC-B6A8-A2C601E10D02.jpeg
    280D8F48-9CB2-43AC-B6A8-A2C601E10D02.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • 61F904AD-775E-46A1-A59D-BC11C57DCB17.jpeg
    61F904AD-775E-46A1-A59D-BC11C57DCB17.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • BE17D18C-10F7-4732-AF37-629F954B4775.jpeg
    BE17D18C-10F7-4732-AF37-629F954B4775.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 88

iTarzan

Ascrilla I am new to GT but I have grown sativa before. You look for the same signs of finish as an indica. If it was a perfect world 15% clear, 70% milky and 15% amber. Whatever way you like. Some people aim for more amber in sativa to calm them down. I aim for the 15-70-15. Sometimes they are just milky mostly and that is great.
So wait for trichs the way you want them. Look for darkened pistils that have also shriveled some. Brown shriveled pistils and mostly milky trichs gets picked in my grows. Especially outdoors. Mold, cops and thieves are always looking for your grow. Trichs don't ever really cooperate. The can be difficult little bastards.So all milky, hairs not all brown and the season is late is harvest time also. You should start to defoliate all the big fan leaves and also mid size ones.
On zoom it looks like you have mostly cloudy trichs but your pistils are mostly white. It might be 2-3 weeks for absolute perfection but anything after a week and you will be able to harvest. If you had to you could harvest now but I would wait at least 1 week and 3 if you can.

iTarzan

Hey Dubi there are actually 3 GT in that grow bag with no bottom. I will take closeup pics of buds on each one and maybe you can tell me what to expect. Even if they die in the cold I have them cloned for an indoor grow so the info on phenos would be helpful.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
J@ck your female 1 seems more Malawi dominant, female 2 is balanced pheno and in the middle between Malawi and Thai, and third is the one with more Thai influence. I think they will be close to harvest in approx 2 weeks if weather allows it. What kind of scents are you getting from each one ?

Looks great Foggy420 :love: super resinous Golden Tiger, New Malawi Killer style! Enjoy your harvest!

Welcome to ICMag and to the GT thread AScrilla :D Thanks for sharing pics of your outdoor Golden Tiger girl, she also looks great with solid resinous flowers. I think you can harvest in 2 weeks or less, although if the weather gets really bad consider harvest before any strong storm or frost.