What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Golden Tiger, 37 lat. "a ras de suelo" style

S6000493.JPG
S6000494.JPG

She's got a little scraggly recently, but tomorrow I will install a net over her and re arrange the tops to produce a nice even canopy.

iTarzan

That is a nice looking sativa bush Hombre. It will be spectacular when it is in full flower.

I went out today, bright and early Monday morning (just another manic Monday) and there is no clear answer to sex of the Gas. I have cuts in Root Riots now of each plant. I didn't want to have multiple cuts of 5 plants, unless they were females, but I wanted cuts rooting sooner than later. Time goes fast and all the sudden you are not prepared to start a winter grow.

Pédetoddy

IMG20220906142425.jpg

I planted this golden tiger seed straight into a cup of peat and perlite potting soil. after a week when nothing was sprout I decided to dig carefully and found the seed like this. What can it be?

Kiefcake

View attachment 18753820
I planted this golden tiger seed straight into a cup of peat and perlite potting soil. after a week when nothing was sprout I decided to dig carefully and found the seed like this. What can it be?
I've had this happen a few times, I figure it's something genetically wrong when this happens, because I've dropped seeds in the same soil in the same pot and they grew perfectly normal.

iTarzan

OMG it finally happened. The Golden Tigers showed a few pre flowers. The results are in on all 5 plants. The biggest plant and the smallest plant are males and were removed. They were numbered #1 and #5, #4, #3 and #2 were all females. I topped them all again. Now we wait for flowering and the stretch. I have rooted clones of all 5 plants. I won't be collecting pollen and making f2s so the male clones will probably be tossed.

3 females out of 5 seeds is a good mix as far as I see it. We will see if I can finish them in a greenhouse at 41N and also a indoor winter grow coming soon.

OZZ_

Veteran
Golden Tiger(left) and BangiCongo x Panama(right)
One has a long way to go and the other is almost finished :)

View attachment 18741547
Enjoying the summer heat(today was again 35°C)

Cheers

Beautiful Koondense!!

What EC are you feeding those indoor GTs?? Might pop some here soon. I burned up my last Malawi a little so this time want to take it slow and easy with the nutes. Thinking maybe 1.5 EC as a max should be ok but I suppose it depends on what pheno you get…. That meo Thai one looks like she could want only 1.2– ish

Great work! As always!!!

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Ozz,
I didn't measure the EC or pH, I do a combo of organic and mineral nutes at the same time...
But from experience and gut feeling, the EC was always lower than 1,5. Maybe once or twice I put more minerals in but next time gave only water to prevent salt buildup in the medium.
I would say go slow especially with very narrow phenos. I tossed the extreme thin Thai pheno,was too finicky and took too much space.
In mid flower they can get hungry for mg with high light levels, some Epsom salt will help. Give them enough root space for flowering, 20L is ok but more is better.

Had some small test buds and it's excellent weed, strong and mostly mental, refreshing high, I love GT :)

All the best with your GT!

Cheers

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey Ozz,
I didn't measure the EC or pH, I do a combo of organic and mineral nutes at the same time...
But from experience and gut feeling, the EC was always lower than 1,5. Maybe once or twice I put more minerals in but next time gave only water to prevent salt buildup in the medium.
I would say go slow especially with very narrow phenos. I tossed the extreme thin Thai pheno,was too finicky and took too much space.
In mid flower they can get hungry for mg with high light levels, some Epsom salt will help. Give them enough root space for flowering, 20L is ok but more is better.

Had some small test buds and it's excellent weed, strong and mostly mental, refreshing high, I love GT :)

All the best with your GT!

Cheers

Thanks brother that’s kind of what I was thinking. Confirms my suspicions. 👍👍👍

Foggy420

I've got a GT going. Ill post some pictures here for the record. I neglected it a bit because I couldn't tell if it was male or female until September so I assumed male and stopped giving attention. Then sure enough female. Between this and the Honduras Panama and a few haze and A5haze crosses I really dug into the Ace tropical sativa catalog. Hope I can take them to harvest.
1664170797960.jpeg

1664170846098.jpeg

iTarzan

Nice trick with the pink flowers. Are they plastic? I did that one year with some fake red flowers. I saw somebody else did it. It did attract my MIL to go look at them though. Then she saw what was up. It fooled the neighbors that year.

musigny23

Here is a reg GT plant I have this year. It's doing really well. And getting close to finished. I've grown GT each year for the past 6 seasons I think. Maybe 7. I like both the reg and the fem but the newer version released a few years ago with a little more Thai I like a lot. Actually this plant seems to lean a bit toward the Malawi side but it's doing well so I'm happy.

The garden has gotten a bit crowded as it usually does this time of year. To the left is a very tall Nong Khai Thai domesticated tribal type (or "landrace"). It has at least a month to go still, maybe even 6 weeks. To the right is an ACE Ethiopia x Malawi which is also doing really well. It's got more time to go than the GT but less than the Thai, so maybe 3 weeks? Always hard to say.

R40Q7Iy.jpg

Here are a couple of close-ups of individual colas. With these you can see the Killer Malawi resin influence with a bit of Thai influencing the expression of the flower.

hMToyK6.jpg

y5rAlsZ.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts