What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
4 seeds went into soil last nite... we r veggin em for 60+days in our
4x4' tent under 14 4ft t5 lights... then into the flower room under 3k ..maybe 4k... can't wait till sept...

NukPuNuk

my golden tiger

my golden tiger

picture.php
picture.php

First off, THANK YOU DUBI & CREW!!! This stuff is POOOTENT

This is my golden tiger at week 9. took her at day 75-80. I'm guessing this is a malawi-dominant expression. The buds are dense, frosty, and sticky. Her yield was great, going over and beyond my expectations for a pure sativa. Matter of fact, exceeded my expectations the whole way around the board. The smell and taste is predominantly sweet wood, with undertones of citrus candy and carrots. This stuff will lay you down until you become accommodated to her effects. Real day changer herb. Incredibly potent.
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fluffy Clouds

beautiful tigers! Acehaze, mr. fiskars and NukPuk:respect: thanks for sharing people...

i hope we will see more homemade hybs of gt also... i think nachiloo made some and gkn too...

keep it up nd take care :ying:

T

TOKA

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42852&pictureid=1009888&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42852&pictureid=1009887&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

This is my golden tiger at week 9. took her at day 75-80. I'm guessing this is a malawi-dominant expression. The buds are dense, frosty, and sticky. Her yield was great, going over and beyond my expectations for a pure sativa. Matter of fact, exceeded my expectations the whole way around the board. The smell and taste is predominantly sweet wood, with undertones of citrus candy and carrots. This stuff will lay you down until you become accommodated to her effects. Real day changer herb. Incredibly potent.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42852&pictureid=1009890&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Looks like u got the early pheno supposed to be the most potent in the GT line. Cant wait to get my early pheno f2's :D

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Looks like u got the early pheno supposed to be the most potent in the GT line. Cant wait to get my early pheno f2's :D

we just sowed 4 seeds of the tiger n we are hoping for a 20+ week pheno... looking for that old time sativa goodness...

my question is how can a early... 8/10 week pheno possiby be more potent then something going 2 plus times longer??

i know there are exceptions to everything... but... in general i cant see how it's possible...

i'd luv to find a 10week kick-ass tiger, but we are not looking for a poly-hybrid headed stone... thats what we got now.. all these various chem's,ssh's..etc..etc we have growing are just...boring...

T

TOKA

Your best of askin dubi as thats what he told me the early pheno is the biggest yielder and most otent and obviously finishes faster. I would expect it hybrid vigour as the early pheno is malawi dominant but the buzz is more powerfull than malawi at least thats what people have told me anyway.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
we just sowed 4 seeds of the tiger n we are hoping for a 20+ week pheno... looking for that old time sativa goodness...

my question is how can a early... 8/10 week pheno possiby be more potent then something going 2 plus times longer??

i know there are exceptions to everything... but... in general i cant see how it's possible...

i'd luv to find a 10week kick-ass tiger, but we are not looking for a poly-hybrid headed stone... thats what we got now.. all these various chem's,ssh's..etc..etc we have growing are just...boring...

zachrockbadenof - Everyone has their own idea of what is potent because the character of the "high" can be quite different in different strains. However, I think I get your drift. I'm an old guy who has seen things go from all import sativa, to all indica or indica crossed with sativa homegrown, where I live anyway.

In these crosses, almost always the result is earlier flowing and more sedative character of the high. This is not always the case. It is rare, but I have seen a early/fast pheno with very energetic and trippy feeling. The problem in my neck of the woods, is that so many new smokers have grown up or become accostomed to thinking the knock out feeling is what potent means.

I believe someone has mentioned, possibly Dubi himself, that Golden Tiger does occasionally throw off a clear pheno. Perhaps he can chime in here.

Another point: Not all early/fast flowing landrace strains are weak or sedative. Visit the ACE website and check out Bangi Haze. It is an early strain. Many customers have described this as very potent and very very clear and energetic in character.

I am thrilled with Ace's offerings and I am running three right now: Bangi Haze, Golden Tiger, and Purple Old Timers x Meao Thai.

I have images at 4 weeks for GT and Bangi. Forgive me, but I'm going to try to post again a GT image. I'll try and do a better job with the image quality, but for now I'm trying to get the hang of posting images. I don't know what happened to the last ones.

Attachments

• GT4Weeks.jpg
    GT4Weeks.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 30

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Welcome NukPuNuk :)

Amazing Golden Tiger, congrats!! It's without any doubt an excellent malawi expression. The pheno i like more in all senses ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hello zachrockbadenof,

The very long thai dominant expressions of Golden Tiger are quite rare to find and not the best in the line in my opinion, they are interesting if you are looking for a very thai experience but they are usually very slow to flower, low yielding and a bit picky with nutrients (especially nitrogen). If you are looking for a better thai experience then try Green Haze Thai, Purple Haze Thai or Double Thai, they are much better for what you are looking for.

I found the malawi dominant Golden Tiger pheno much interesting in all senses: very resinous, dense flowers, high yields, super powerful and long lasting effect, and reasonable flowering time and great indoor adaptability for a pure tropical sativa hybrid of this kind.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I wanted to re-post my GT image. It has filled in a little, and the last one has a Bangi leaf in the foreground.

attachment.php

The leaves look a lot like Thai. Do you think the buds show any Malawi influence?

I love Thai, but I'd sure like to experience the pheno that Dubi thinks is the best expression.

Cheers

Attachments

• GTweek6also.jpg
    GTweek6also.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 30
S

scai

I want to show all of you my Golden tiger. It's BIG. And all organics.
I'm so pleased. I'm also wondring...is this really Golden tiger.....that what it says, on nametag, and I try to be ever so careful with tags that follow plant?
picture.php

smk8000

Hello zachrockbadenof,

The very long thai dominant expressions of Golden Tiger are quite rare to find and not the best in the line in my opinion, they are interesting if you are looking for a very thai experience but they are usually very slow to flower, low yielding and a bit picky with nutrients (especially nitrogen). If you are looking for a better thai experience then try Green Haze Thai, Purple Haze Thai or Double Thai, they are much better for what you are looking for.

I found the malawi dominant Golden Tiger pheno much interesting in all senses: very resinous, dense flowers, high yields, super powerful and long lasting effect, and reasonable flowering time and great indoor adaptability for a pure tropical sativa hybrid of this kind.

Highly considering the GT for a future grow. Tired of hybrids and want pure Sativa bliss. My main concern is that it would be too big to thrive in my situation indoors. Usually have 12-15 plants under two 600W. GT seems like it would need a LOT more light and room than that type of situation would allow. How many plants in one room are too many to succeed with the Golden Tiger? I could cut back on plant numbers if I could somehow make it work. Obviously I would hope for Malawi pheno.

kamyo

Veteran
SMK,

In my experience (outdoors), she flowers long and definitely stretches, but could be totally doable indoors. A modular SCROG would be your best bet with her if you're growing other plants. Doesn't get too out of control like the Haze or Thai Haze. A true sativa powerhouse. I don't think anyone has regretted growing her.

smk8000

SMK,

In my experience (outdoors), she flowers long and definitely stretches, but could be totally doable indoors. A modular SCROG would be your best bet with her if you're growing other plants. Doesn't get too out of control like the Haze or Thai Haze. A true sativa powerhouse. I don't think anyone has regretted growing her.

Thanks for the response kamyo. I'm assuming by long you mean 12-14 weeks or so right? Most of my strains go 8-10 and it could be feasible to wait an extra 2-3 weeks. Anything like 15-16 weeks may gum up the works as far as holding up the next garden. Again thanks for your input.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here are some shots of the Golden Tiger at almost 9 weeks:

Terminal Bud

Closeup of Lower Bud

Golden Tiger Side of Cabinet

Bangi Haze Side of Cabinet

I’m hoping for some guidance here about harvest time. I’m a long time smoker and I crave the sativa highs of my youth, but the great majority of my growing experience has been with indica and indica\sativa crosses. I need advice\help on sativa growing.

I’m growing two strains in my cabinet which will help me contrast what I’m seeing. The Bangi Haze has had lots of resin for a long time now. The lower branches look ripe, but I’ll think I’ll wait perhaps a week more for the top buds to look primo. In contrast, the Golden Tiger looks about the same ripeness as the Bangi if judged by the dying pistols only. However, while it has incredible quantities of resin glands, they are very small. If I look at the older calyxes that have started swelling, the glands are a bit farther apart, but it makes up for it by the glands themselves becoming noticeably larger.

In the first grow with a Golden Tiger, I waited for the swelling to reach the top buds. This took approximately 14 weeks. This second individual looks to be 3 or 4 weeks quicker at this point which is currently almost 9 weeks. If I do the same visual window as the first, I’m guessing 2 or 3 weeks more ripening. The first Golden Tiger was examined after 3 weeks of drying, and I saw mostly cloudy resin glands with a scattering of amber and a scattering of clear.

I’d appreciate some advice on how to proceed with the harvest of this individual.

I’m also wondering if some heat is required for Golden Tiger to reach its potential. I try to keep my cabinet at 70 degrees Fahrenheit with lots of ventilation. I think I’ve read in a couple of places where Dubi says that Golden Tiger loves the heat. I have let this grow get 85 degrees now and again in hope of a better outcome. Does anyone think this is necessary?

Another note on the difference between my first Golden Tiger compared to this second. The first one had a very subtle aroma. I never smelled it at all compared to the SAGE I grew it with. This second one has been dominated in the cabinet by the Bangi Haze until this week when the character of the aroma of the grow cabinet changed from the influence of the Golden Tiger.

I can’t wait to try this second Golden Tiger!

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Here are some shots of the Golden Tiger at almost 9 weeks:

Terminal Bud
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43292&pictureid=1026744View Image

Closeup of Lower Bud
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43292&pictureid=1026759View Image

Golden Tiger Side of Cabinet
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43292&pictureid=1026745View Image

Bangi Haze Side of Cabinet
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43689&pictureid=1026774View Image

I’m hoping for some guidance here about harvest time. I’m a long time smoker and I crave the sativa highs of my youth, but the great majority of my growing experience has been with indica and indica\sativa crosses. I need advice\help on sativa growing.

I’m growing two strains in my cabinet which will help me contrast what I’m seeing. The Bangi Haze has had lots of resin for a long time now. The lower branches look ripe, but I’ll think I’ll wait perhaps a week more for the top buds to look primo. In contrast, the Golden Tiger looks about the same ripeness as the Bangi if judged by the dying pistols only. However, while it has incredible quantities of resin glands, they are very small. If I look at the older calyxes that have started swelling, the glands are a bit farther apart, but it makes up for it by the glands themselves becoming noticeably larger.

In the first grow with a Golden Tiger, I waited for the swelling to reach the top buds. This took approximately 14 weeks. This second individual looks to be 3 or 4 weeks quicker at this point which is currently almost 9 weeks. If I do the same visual window as the first, I’m guessing 2 or 3 weeks more ripening. The first Golden Tiger was examined after 3 weeks of drying, and I saw mostly cloudy resin glands with a scattering of amber and a scattering of clear.

I’d appreciate some advice on how to proceed with the harvest of this individual.

I’m also wondering if some heat is required for Golden Tiger to reach its potential. I try to keep my cabinet at 70 degrees Fahrenheit with lots of ventilation. I think I’ve read in a couple of places where Dubi says that Golden Tiger loves the heat. I have let this grow get 85 degrees now and again in hope of a better outcome. Does anyone think this is necessary?

Another note on the difference between my first Golden Tiger compared to this second. The first one had a very subtle aroma. I never smelled it at all compared to the SAGE I grew it with. This second one has been dominated in the cabinet by the Bangi Haze until this week when the character of the aroma of the grow cabinet changed from the influence of the Golden Tiger.

I can’t wait to try this second Golden Tiger!

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Those are very nice especially since your running them indoors. I've got some Golden Tiger that I may pop after seeing how well they coming in for you. I'm very impressed by the flower density given their sativa heritage.

Great job man, thanks for sharing those pics.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Add'n some pics of my outdo/greenhouse run of GT last year. Definitely some dope!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• IMG_00000047.jpg
    IMG_00000047.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_00000049.jpg
    IMG_00000049.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_00000050.jpg