What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello GET MO,

They look very malawi influenced to me, just different flowering times, there are also long flowering malawi phenos so not all the long flowering Golden Tiger phenos are more connected to the meo thai, the meo thai Golden Tiger pheno is much more delicate looking, and also very sensible with Nitrogen.

They are flowering healthy outdoors in your greenhouse :) Expecting lots of evil resins for the next 2-3 weeks!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im getting some crazy smells off of um. spicy melon, if that makes sense.... small hint of cinamon in one of um.

Here go some more pics... I think one of um is gettin close, took a couple sample nugs to dry out and try....

pheno 1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pheno 2
picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
pheno 3
picture.php

picture.php

I took a sample nug of pheno 1 about a week ago, and if I had to chop everything now Id be happy with that one, wish I woulda kept a cut... Had me n my folks higher then we ever been for like 2-3 hours, then it dropped down to a body high that had me fealin like a content and comfortable rock. Stuck to the bed. Taste was real different, suprisingly smooth for bein kinda early, had an incensy taste but real light with hints of cinnamon. Good stuff.... glad I got a bunch more seeds!

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
That confirms some of the smells I was getting even in early bud. That first pheno you have looks to be very close.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great GET MO :)

They look impressive, plant 1 and 2 should be reaching their peak of potency in a few days, this kind of big resins are very related to the killer malawi, they are looking and producing resins like her. Im glad you had such expressions in your current grow, i bet they are going to be very very powerful after drying and curing. Thank you very much for share it, i' m enjoying a lot with your outdoor pics.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here there all,

here are the GT's I had put outdoors as seedlings @39 north around the middle of september or so (I can't remember exactly and didn't right it down) they have been through a lot from still being in party cups and being under watered at times, to being out in storms getting rain dumped on them and near freezing temps at night. Nor have they been fertilized at all, just the happy frog dirt in party cups!

so they are small and a little beat up...

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
more GT

more GT

this is a male that I would want to keep and make some test crosses with...

Dubi, any Idea on weather or not this male may Reveg.??? if so I may treat him with some pesticides and bring him into my Veg. area

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
this is a male that I would want to keep and make some test crosses with...

Dubi, any Idea on weather or not this male may Reveg.??? if so I may treat him with some pesticides and bring him into my Veg. area

Hello Infinitesimal :)

Golden Tiger grows fast and without much attentions under correct temps and environment, almost like a weed, this is especially true when is grown outdoors straight in soil.

Genetics of the hybrid are very tropical sativa influenced so warm stable temps are recommended to achieve best results, it's a not sativa we would recommend for outdoor growing in cold climates but started early in the season they will have great chances to finish at your latitude, it's indeed very close to mine and similar to many places where Golden Tiger has been tested and harvested for the past years.

The male looks nice, havent seen much colors in Golden Tiger plants, guess is getting cold there, good luck with them, hopefully makes a good match with your other mums. Best wishes!

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Infinitesimal :)

Golden Tiger grows fast and without much attentions under correct temps and environment, almost like a weed, this is especially true when is grown outdoors straight in soil.

Genetics of the hybrid are very tropical sativa influenced so warm stable temps are recommended to achieve best results, it's a not sativa we would recommend for outdoor growing in cold climates but started early in the season they will have great chances to finish at your latitude, it's indeed very close to mine and similar to many places where Golden Tiger has been tested and harvested for the past years.

The male looks nice, havent seen much colors in Golden Tiger plants, guess is getting cold there, good luck with them, hopefully makes a good match with your other mums. Best wishes!

thanks Dubi,

yes it has been getting pretty cold here at nights, and I figured that was the reason for the coloring, these were put out at a time when most other plants in my area were about ready for harvest... so definitely not an ideal situation.

if started in may I have no doubts that it would mature here, ideally in a greenhouse as It Does get a combination of both cold and wet without much sun sometimes around this time of year.

with a full season I could get results similar to GET MO's GT... I think him and I are pretty close to one another, but this was just an experiment cuz the GT seeds were a bit old... GREAT germ rates though 100%.

thanks again for ACE's work... great genetics, I have a BUNCH of them with plans of grabbing more!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
these ones came down today...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this one still got another couple weeks...
picture.php

picture.php

cant wait to smoke this stuff!!!

idiit

Veteran
nice grow getmo!

i made some controversial posts re the high effects and the actual potency of golden tiger changing over the curing duration from "just dried" to 6 weeks cure to 3 months cure to 6 month cure. all of my gt (outdoor) is now in. the primary buds were popped early nov. and the last secondary buds are now in as well. i got about 1lb. trimmed weight by the looks of things off 1 7' bush. this is probably a typical yield to expect off of each od gt plant if grown in low fert, yet high quality soil. nice yields is my point. the aussie and spanish growers look to be getting much larger yields than these in their environments.

i've got enough to share with some of my crew this year so i'll be able to post our perspectives re gt cure time; potency and high.

if i'm wrong i'll admit it here.

i've got a good lens for macro shots for my camera and i'll post pictures soon of the harvest. the colors are a darker green than last year but still quite bright in their hue. this "bright green" is more appealing in my experiences with the local commercial buyers. "bright green" seems to have more commercial appeal to the locals from my experiences is my comment.the darker greens even though of a bright hue are not as light, bright as most hydro but still appealing.

i just smoked some of the early november gt harvest buds and they were good, but not even close to the wonderful experiences i got off the 6 month cured gt bud last year.

Tiami

hey idiit would love to see those harvest pictures. what's your climate/lat? I'm seriously thinking about Zamaldelica next spring. this year fall is really nice we're still having warm days around 20 C, not much rain..

idiit

Veteran
hey idiit would love to see those harvest pictures. what's your climate/lat? I'm seriously thinking about Zamaldelica next spring. this year fall is really nice we're still having warm days around 20 C, not much rain
pics up soon :) .

it is getting below freezing here tonight. many years it doesn't get below freezing 'till jan. some rain, some cloudy days, lots of days temp doesn't get above 50 deg. f. the gt seems to take cooler temps well. quite sparky in fact without the green turning to olive drab colors/hues.

gt well cured for narcotic trip, zamaldelica, zamal/hz or other hybrids with zamal phenos for up trip.

golden tiger's aroma is "tropical goodness".

zamal leaning pheno is "tropical sweetness supreme"!

i didn't get my zamaldelicas 'till late july of this year and instead of culling all the non-zamalish phenos i gave one to a friend and it's getting popped this week (outdoors). she will be posted over on the zamaldelica thread. very small but delightful nonetheless.

P

Peacer

high
Ive planted GT from reseller at official (ganjaseeds.cz) , to a soil which is specially for seeds (ive used it for years), but they dont like something. maybe theyve had little bit colder climate few days, but they dont look good , like small mutants :D Ive used spruzit,,, last time seeds was like this at all but after some time gone ok after repot
what do you think is problem? next time i will use cocos for first phase and overall I plan to plant them into coco/worm/soil substrate or something similar with more oxygen and organic. maybe they dont like the soil , hmm? light is 90w LED (65%blue,25%red/15%white - slow grow and very very small internodes :D )

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My god! Not sure if its the LED color but they look terrible unhappy :( Like if they were growing inside a freezer .... check ph, check ec, provide them a stable and warm environment (around 25 C, 60% humidity), good ventilation, consider a change of soil ....

P

Peacer

its the led, but corrected colours - changed RGB , the photo of itself was terrible :D PH, EC good. it was cause of low temperatures first days of germinating i think. they have now cca 18-22 C, 50+ rh..

Latest posts

Latest posts