What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uploading and attaching photos?

VI-guy

Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way to insert photos into a post?

The only way I can seem to find to do this is to upload photos to my user gallery and then to use the insert image button?

I've tried using the attach function but can't seem to get that to work and I'm fairly adept when it comes to techy stuff.

The process of uploading a maximum of 5 images at a time and then having to browse through my albums / gallery to find them again to attach seems really tedious and very late 90's early 2000's.

There has to be a better image handling plugin by now for vBulletin no?

Thanks in advance, hopefully Im an idiot and just have been doing it wrong, this is far preferable to being stuck doing it the other way

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Are you on a phone or something? Cause I mean on a pc it's pretty trivial to use the album system? I think it is a pita on phone cause it uses popup windows, which never work right on mobile browsers. And the insert image button at the top will only work if the host properly setup their TLS so you can access the file using https. The insert image on the right is for "your photos" in your album. Basically there are 2 steps. Uploading the file to be hosted some place publicly accessible, like directly to your album here, or to imgur, or like I use my own domain agentpothead.com, then step 2 linking to that photo. Your album lists photos in the most recent order, so you don't really have to browse them to find them as much as click the most recent photo. On a pc this is pretty trivial stuff, but on a phone it's kind of a pita. I also highly recommend organizing into albums. That way you can just show your outdoor grow pics, or tent pics, or clones or nugs or whatever and if you need an older pic you won't have to sort through everything, but a sorted version of everything.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've always hated vBulletin's wonky photo album feature, even when vB was in its heyday. That's why I use imgur (or pick your favorite image hosting site) and then show pictures using

indagroove

Veteran
Like this..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    43.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    104.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (5).jpg
    Screenshot (5).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 37
  • NL sotto led da 2 giorni
    NL sotto led da 2 giorni
    82.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot (7).jpg
    Screenshot (7).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 42
T

Teddybrae

NO. There's an easy way but you still must upload to your Albums.

When you have uploaded a pic and want to post it OPEN ICMag IN AN OTHER TAB.

Once you have two tabs you manage the post in one while you open yr pic in the other.

Then under the open pic you right click on "BB Code" and select "copy".

Then switch to other tab (your post tab) and "paste" in yr image. Voila! Full page image.

H.Stoner

freaking ridiculous since we know it's easier ways to do all of this. wtf
years ago it was never so difficult so why now ? makes no sinse literally.

rindindoo

я исчерпал лимит на загрузку фотографий. после 50 сообщений галерея должна была расширится до 1000 фотографий, но этого не произошло.

rindindoo

I’ve reached the limit on uploading photos. after 50 posts, the gallery should have expanded to 1000 photos, but this did not happen.

HAZENACIOUS

Does maximum keep expanding? I been on here 2 days I'm a already halfway through my 100 pic limit. What is real maximum how does it work?

Latest posts

Latest posts