What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

• Total voters

Herborizer

Veteran
I know that lots and lots of people have requested it. There are several active threads about it everyday. Dozens of threads that have weekly posts. Etc. Though, these threads are scattered all about. I resort to using searches and subscriptions to find things.

I have been scratching my head about this for a while I just don't understand why we can't get a forum for it. I have been wondering if the ICMAG management team think its a conflict of interest to the seed vendors.

Do you feel we need a sub forum for propagation/cloning? Please comment and show your support.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Sounds good to me. It comes easy for some and new ideas would be really beneficial.

C

chase

I voted waste of space , but I now change my mind after thinking about it , it seams usefull.

Bunz

I'm in favor of it. I know many are intimidated by cloning until they try it and realize how easy it is. I think it deserves it's own forum, considering how many different techniques there are.

Bunz :D

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm not a fan of forums, sub forums, sub-sub forums nestled like russian dolls but, it's not my decision. In the meantime, try CLONERS- a collection of various methods that includes brief descriptions of every major clone method I could find here at IC with links to original threads for detailed information.

sneaky101

I voted yes only because it is nice as a noob to have specific forms for different topics. Much easier to find stuff that way, but I'm sure it is a pain in the arse for the mods.

However, I don't really think it is necessary because of how easy it is once I (or the noob) tried a DIY aero cloner. I have recently been getting roots in as little as 5-7 days with mine. Once it clicks, it clicks.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Aero cloners are infamous for immediate catastrophic failure. One day everything's jake, the next everything dies. Usually this is due to improper cleaning. Field strip and sterilize between runs.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats ok i guess,,but what i'd really like to see is a bonzai mom thread..i can't start one cause i don't have any bonzai moms...

Duplicate

How many threads would there be in it before each reply became a link to another thread in the forum? I'm also not a huge fan of such specific sub forums. I think they become stagnant and either the threads that the forum should house end up somewhere else, or a lot of good info ends up in a dead part of the site.

Herborizer

Veteran
I think a propagation forum is exactly where bonsai moms would be discussed. Perfect example of topics that would be found there.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Im generally against sub-forums, but this there are over 200k registered users and 4 million post.

I vote for a separate forum, just to keep those type of redundant threads all in one place.

In the vert forum, there are threads that would be totally 'lost in the wash'; but because all of those type of threads are in one spot, the 'best threads' shine with activity, and the stickies are really helpful.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Just look at the number of views or replies many of the cloning threads get. Yes...there is a need for such a forum. Many people are especially uncomfortable with the concept of cloning...maybe it's time to put their minds at rest.

D

draco

cloning everywhere, but kind of hard to find good information on growing seedlings.

maybe i am not so good at search but i just popped some seeds in coco and could not find good info on when to add fert and how much. i had a good idea of what to, but couldn't find much on it...

just my .02

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cloning everywhere, but kind of hard to find good information on growing seedlings.

maybe i am not so good at search but i just popped some seeds in coco and could not find good info on when to add fert and how much. i had a good idea of what to, but couldn't find much on it...

just my .02

seeds are best planted in soil or peat pellets,, then transplanted into coco.
reason,, coco is inert and can provide no nutrients for seedlings.

peace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rockwool is normally treated / presoaked with nutrients prior to use . coco doesnt hold nutrients or water in the same way :D

Latest posts

Latest posts