What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DATES REMOVED FROM PICTURES IN ALBUMS

therevverend

Veteran
The dates my pictures were uploaded into my albums has been removed in the new server. This is disastrous to me as an outdoor grower. I need to know when specific strains sprouted, showed sex, began flowering, progressed through flowering, and were harvested. A week or two later or earlier is the difference between a nice harvest and a moldy disaster. Knowing when a strain is likely to show pre-flowers allows me to save $ on dirt and fertilizer I'd otherwise be giving to a potential male. Knowing at what size a strain will be at what period in spring allows me to plan when to stick it in the ground. Or when it will become rootbound and unmanageable in a container. Crucial information.

Is any attempt being made to save or resurrect this data? It's critically important stuff that goes back 7 years for me.

Great outdoors

The dates my pictures were uploaded into my albums has been removed in the new server. This is disastrous to me as an outdoor grower. I need to know when specific strains sprouted, showed sex, began flowering, progressed through flowering, and were harvested. A week or two later or earlier is the difference between a nice harvest and a moldy disaster. Knowing when a strain is likely to show pre-flowers allows me to save $ on dirt and fertilizer I'd otherwise be giving to a potential male. Knowing at what size a strain will be at what period in spring allows me to plan when to stick it in the ground. Or when it will become rootbound and unmanageable in a container. Crucial information.

Is any attempt being made to save or resurrect this data? It's critically important stuff that goes back 7 years for me.

I know it doesn't help you with the site here but I use an app Grow with Jane to track my grows. Works great with lots of features but I guess if it ever shut down I would lose all my data....

therevverend

Veteran
My best friend over the years has been a notebook and pen. I've had computers and cell phones get fried and websites shut down but my scribbled coffee-stained notebooks are still here. Written in a code that it seems only I can read, not planned that way but by my shaky, cramping, left hand makes it so. Recording whatever tiny bit of data I felt the need to record. The magic of IC Mag has been the addition of pictures which is a huge game changer, connected to dates that automatically saved whether I planned on it or not. For instance I have a strain called Early Spear I grew in 2015, I found some seeds of it and planted them this year. I know it finishes sometime in September but it would be nice to know exactly when it was done.

Another Big Problem here is that no one seems to give a fuck about my silly little problems, if a moderator or Big Shot said, 'Sorry, we fucked up, your dates are gone forever.' or 'Well, maybe we can do something about it, give it time.' or 'We have a dedicated team of 1000 monkeys working 24 hours a day to restore your lost data as I type this, we're working as hard as we can to fix this serious problem Mr Rev.' I might feel slightly better. At any rate 98% of the reason I've hung around here as loyally as I have was because it was the only place in the universe I could find records of my past grows. Besides my half-assed notebooks. Now that the album section is a disaster area and appears to not matter to the People in Charge I find myself less inclined to hang around..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Are the album's going to be fixed or are albums now a permanent thing of the past? To find a photo do we now need to know which thread and where in the thread, it's posted to be able to see it again?

Latest posts

Latest posts