What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deleting Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Nature

So there is now a video that shows you how to delete an album, except there is no delete button when I go to do this. I need to get rid of some albums for security and it's pretty annoying that I can't do so. Here's a screenshot. The more and more I use this updated forum the less and less I actually enjoy about it. I'm sure it's more secure or whatever but it's an absolute shit-fest to use and it seems with the low number of new daily posts I'm not the only one feeling this way.

fetch?photoid=17847145.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The fact I have to watch a video has stopped me moving forward. What's wrong with a right click, or a delete button. It seems things have come a long way since windows 95. Damn I miss windows 95,

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So I watched the video's. I learned I'm too stupid for this simple task. It looked like you select an album, say edit, pick the ones to edit, then you get them in an edit screen. Then you can say you want to delete, and give a reason. That can't be right. It was just all to fast for me. The next two looked nothing like removing a pic from a post. They went off into albums. When I'm sitting there looking at the wrong upload and just wanting to loose it.

These are not answers or solutions. They are a temporary work around. I think people might come back when it's actually working. I have used other sites but I know our leaders history. He's not a business man or sat in some legal country. He knows this must be secure. Other sites just don't seem to have that

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
can you just hit the remove button, that is after the sizes to upload section?

I have never seen one. Like the OP I have followed guides to find I don't have buttons I should have. Uploading screen shots as he has done. There may be code in use that not all browsers support. For instance, I don't have the unicode for this sites smilies. I don't see any. There is probably other functions missing.

Oh.. that remove. No. It only comes in the edit after posting. I have to post then edit to see any size choices when pics come from my library, but can do sizes with fresh uploads.

thailer

i remember editing my albums before the change over and i had to remove every pic from the album and once it was all gone, it asked if i wanted to delete the album as well. i just now went to look at my albums and when i click on edit for the album, it does show a delete option where there is none for Brother/OP. I know when other forums have upgraded, the type of browser for the internet had a lot to do with which features/problems they experienced. i am using Chrome so maybe trying that would change stuff, or i'd try removing each pic and then seeing if the option for deleting the album appears. hopefully something works for ya.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what was understanding last week from the web guys.. there is more work being done on albums.. especially the older albums, this week. Something about usergroups and permissions for some users.... hopefully you will see these problems solved
VG

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
There is work happening behind the scenes guys , and to be totally honest from where we are now I’m pushing the guys to a possible upgrade to Zenforo platform for a much smoother forum experience, the new V bulletin software is not doing it for me they have mad it not user friendly with these new versions, so please bare with us , trust me there things happening behind the scenes we have not given up on you guys and hoping to get it all sorted out soon enough, these things take a bit of time with a forum this size it’s not easy and quick fixes ..

Status
Not open for further replies.