What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bots and massive loading times... Signs of the end?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy, can we get a progress thread that at least shows what they intend to fix and how far along that are? I think that would solve a lot of issues, as I'm sure many members feel abandoned (site updated, and really no major changes since then despite all the feedback)...

Right now, we get ignored or hear this and that is being worked on, but myself personally, I haven't seen any progress for weeks. Many changes seem simple like they should take a day or two at most, but no progress... We were going to get a last page button and better page navigation, that seems like a really simple fix, but alas, nothing for weeks... If it was me, I'd have the programmer working double time to fix your forum before members really start leaving in droves, and I think it's getting closer every day we see no progress or fixes implemented as frustration builds.

My suggestion, start a thread like "feature requests" where you or ATUK have the main post. Then update that original post with fixes that are being implemented and the progress (future update, in progress, almost finished, fully implemented, etc). I think the biggest issue for members is not knowing if/when these things will be fixed and leading members to believe our favorite lost features from the old site are gone forever... The difficulty it takes to navigate the site compared to the old one, click and scroll, click and scroll, whereas before it was just a single click is a huge problem. My IC, rep system and comments, thread lists ordered by latest post/activity, page navigation, last page button, fixed galleries, visible subforums, etc all need work imo and some of those seem like one hour to one day fixes...

This process would be much less painless if we had better communication and input into how to improve the site to its former glory, imo. It also provides some sort of accountability from the programmers.

Good vibes, hope you can get this fixed and back to the IC we all love to frequent :plant grow:

- if I could do all this stuff you want or like to be done by myself - then I would be at it night and day to get it done pronto - but alas I have to rely on others who work to a different schedule - who I hope will get done what needs doing - in a timely fashion - there are a couple of bug fixing threads about already - and I have seen some progress so far - with the developers getting the site more user-friendly gradually - hopefully that will continue - once Easter is over -