What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Threads upside down?

Sampas92

Just newbin
Dunno if its temporary because of tweaking or is defenitive, but the threads are upside down, my thread is 61 pages and now the first page is the last one and the last is the first one.
on threads with just one page the first post is in the end of the page and the newer ones are at the top

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the way it should be. New posts are on page 1. Old posts go to the back

Sampas92

Just newbin
That's the way it should be. New posts are on page 1. Old posts go to the back

For me is not logical, the older pages are the first ones..and on the old version it wasnt like this..
also the first post of a thread being in the bottom of the page is not logical and you dont see that anywhere else i think, you enter a thread and to read it from the beggining you need to get to the bottom of the page or the last one?is not logical to me but well i think we need to adapt

Sampas92

Just newbin
For example, what logic is that in tutorial threads?
the beggining of a book is not in the last pages..

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Now you enter a thread and it directs you to the oldest page but the first post is on the bottom, this for me is not logical in any way

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Newest posts are on page 1 is not that bad. The old software would take you to page 600 to see the new posts. Its not that drastic of a change. The page # is not important. For me, it's fine having the newest posts on page 1 so I don't need to make another click to go to the last page. It was a pain to get sent to page1 when you needed page 4000 to read what was just posted. There is still an issue now when we click on our notification its taking us to the last page like the old software did so im not seeing the advantage having new post on page 1. I still have to make another click to go back to page 1.

Fitzera

I'm with the same understanding as sampas. For me, the beginning of a thread should be page 1, post 1. I have made it habit to click the page number I want rather than the thread title, taking me near where I last left off.