What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Request to everyone

Sampas92

Just newbin
Guys im nobody here on icmag honestly, im a newbie at growing im still finishing my first grow.
but i know a bit about transitions from old to new.
I crash on canna forums by 15 years now and for me icmag is the best. Not because of the layout of the site or how it works, but because of YOU. Every single one of YOU.
we cant lose this great community because of a technicality.
Fuck, we are growers, a lot of us get by in our grows by thinking outside the box, we face the problems in growing and we resolve them and some of you in a simple lowbudget awesome way.

So many good people, respectfull, educated we cant loose this. We cant loose this knowledge, this fraternity, the friendships that we made and are going to make.

What i want to ask is, please, dont leave, stick around and remember when you start to grow, it was hard to learn somethings, but we all learn cause of our love to our plants, this is no different.

I would never started growing if wasnt blynx and is sils, like alot of people started growing because all of you and its really sad if we loose this, for real.

I really hope that everybody stick around as i hope that the responsibles tweak the site for everyone to be happy, from the bottom of my heart

ICMAG and what it represents is worth the waiting, the adaptation and learning curve.

my newb 2 cents

Peace :tiphat:

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
Totally with ya. I like this group and I hope everyone sticks around. Sucks to have to learn something new, but it's not the worst....

woolybear

Veteran
Agreed wholeheartedly! I've seen a couple of freakouts that make me shake my head, but that's what it is - there's a lot of old heads on here, maybe not the best socially adjusted. But stuck in their ways. Time to grab a bit of petroleum jelly and lube up.

drosera420

Premium user
Agreed with you guys. Nothing wrong with the Flinstonemobile. But hey ya can't put 6x9's in the back window without the little hampsters running the electrics and on it goes. Progress has bumps but eventually even the most leather footed Flintstone drivers will want upgrade to a sub in their F150. Or not I guess, free country and all Make the suggestions just that and get back to normal unless ya'll got too much time on your hands. All good by me so far, another newb lurker

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Putting in pictures, and managing them is harder. I think the easiest way is to upload the pic to ICM while you are in the thread you want to put it in, cause then you get the choice of thumbnail size in the post.

We'll get through this, but things we lost I already miss. The list of people who have been on, and are on, was a great tool. No looking through a damn directory. I also miss the "My ICMag" page, because it let me know which threads were going well, and also for the PMs we got from the rep button.

The ability to see who likes a post will cause a lot of animosity, and "cliqueishness", and should be disabled. Only the sender and receiver of rep should know who your allies are. Here is a random fake example... someone like AOH says I'm an idiot, and his liberal commie buddies like his post, then I am inclined to want to hate the buddies too. See how the hate can spread with the like button?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've been through a few of these board transitions over the years. Ever since mobile phone culture came in every site change has been awful and usually ruins the communities. This site has been an incredibly valuable resource and it's been great for reading the past few years. Glad I discovered it when I did...

I'm sure we will adapt, but it will never be the same, especially for folks like me who like to research.. I do find it easier to post pics now though, just not so easy to deal with albums. And, it sucks that I can't easily go to the last page of threads that I'm following. Oh well, life goes on.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Agree with you flylowgethigh.

also there is something that i noticed, if i go back on this thread that i created, and enter again, go back, enter again, it will always count as a view. In contests that for example the winner with most views wins, is easy cheatable, its possible to do something about it?

Greenheart

Veteran
I'm with you brother! Change is always hard to accept. The future demands change. We can embrace it or resist it. It will inevitably occur regardless of how we feel about it. The older we get the more difficult adaptation to change occurs.

I was turned off instantly because I wanted to find things on the left instead of right. I took a breath and said this is new not old. Explore it. See what is good about it. Will there be bad? Will there be difficulties, losses, and glitched out things. I have no doubt.

I also have no doubt our community will be awesome when it finally regrows it's roots and enjoys the new nutrients! It might take awhile but I have faith in all of you and those behind the pixels. My thanks for keeping our strain alive!

EDIT: Just found the old smilies :woohoo:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ah I hate it, I don't want it, I want the old layout back, and so do most. But leave? No ones really gonna leave. This place is the only place that'll put up with most of us old arsey pricks.

G

Putting in pictures, and managing them is harder. I think the easiest way is to upload the pic to ICM while you are in the thread you want to put it in, cause then you get the choice of thumbnail size in the post.

We'll get through this, but things we lost I already miss. The list of people who have been on, and are on, was a great tool. No looking through a damn directory. I also miss the "My ICMag" page, because it let me know which threads were going well, and also for the PMs we got from the rep button.

The ability to see who likes a post will cause a lot of animosity, and "cliqueishness", and should be disabled. Only the sender and receiver of rep should know who your allies are. Here is a random fake example... someone like AOH says I'm an idiot, and his liberal commie buddies like his post, then I am inclined to want to hate the buddies too. See how the hate can spread with the like button?

Yep. My I C. The way I see it, probably the best member to member communication happened here. So the Bosses designed things for themselves. But never mind, there's still a personal touch. If you hover over the green bar below your Username nice words about you come up. I have disabled this in protest to what I see as a double standard ... like giving with the one hand and taking away with the other.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
oldforum.jpg
Was it that much better?

St. Phatty

Guys im nobody here on icmag honestly, im a newbie at growing im still finishing my first grow.
but i know a bit about transitions from old to new.
I crash on canna forums by 15 years now and for me icmag is the best. Not because of the layout of the site or how it works, but because of YOU. Every single one of YOU.
we cant lose this great community because of a technicality.
Fuck, we are growers, a lot of us get by in our grows by thinking outside the box, we face the problems in growing and we resolve them and some of you in a simple lowbudget awesome way.

ICMag is a Community.

which puts it many steps ahead of so many other online attempted communities.

Facebook is an Attempted community.