What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ah... I get it now.

The most recent posts are on page 1.
Oldest are on the last page. Makes sense.
When you add or quote, your new post shows up above the edit box. Refresh the page and it'll pop up to the first page.
So the thread's first post, is on the last page.

The old system put the most resent posts on the last page. Which doesn't really make sense when you think of it. Still, makes reading a whole thread backwards for me.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Ah... I get it now.

When you add or quote, your new post shows up above the edit box. Refresh the page and it'll pop up to the first page.

The old system put the most resent posts on the last page. Which doesn't really make sense when you think of it. Still, makes reading a whole thread backwards for me.

Actually . . . it is customizable. In User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options - you can chose Posts or Latest Activity as YOUR default. You can always choose on the bar at the top of threads to see it the other way.

ButterflyEffect

Ah... I get it now.

Really? I see the newest posts on the last page. If I click on the Latest Activity tab at the left-top of the thread, it'll put the newest posts on the first page like you see it. The way it defaulted for me was the Posts tab, which seems to order them the opposite way.

ButterflyEffect

Actually . . . it is customizable. In User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options - you can chose Posts or Latest Activity as YOUR default. You can always choose on the bar at the top of threads to see it the other way.

Thanks! Just changed it to Latest as a default. Much cleaner

bibi40

Hi !

happy the new one go better an better ,
now i can upload pics ,
can someone let me now how post my pics full sized in threads ( like before with copy bbcode ) ?

thanks !!!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I had to install all sorts of third party shit to make windows 10 look and act in a logical manner, and not act like it owned my PC and do WTF I told it to do instead of microFuckingsoft corporation..F that..lets hope the beloved mag does not go the route of windows 10 LOL..worst roll out ever and still not many fans, windows 10 that is. Can there not be a theme, to say look like it used to?

I still have not gone to w10

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a shell app(Classic Shell) that lets you change win10 to look like win7. Its been out for years.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
change is always tough at first

I agree bubba but 'more thought out' is worth saying out loud.
I used to develop software and it was always rolled out to 'testing' before release to the general population.
I realize the customer base is different but some 'customer contact' during its' development could have saved a lot of heartburn.
Just a canned plugin instead of locally developed.. Software people at ICMAG probably do not develop software just respond and send requests to developers to fix bugs...
I do miss the little 'take me to where I was last' arrow in the box on subscribed threads the most.
The little ...WORKING advisory that appears with almost every between page requests is kinda annoying.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
image_2026500.jpg
its getting a little better i can now load pic an post them, an select what size i want

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
still a hard pass for me.
I have no desire to figure this new site out.

I see this is a vBulletin creation...... this model sucks balls.
Now I am on another site, a regular member since 2006 , non weed related but very busy and large membership as well as a large business member section
It is also a vBulletin creation vBadvanced to be exact.
I highly suggest Gypsy enquire about that layout and function or go back to the old template.
This version just feels cheap and greasy..... sorry LOL

still searchin for that delete me function......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
keep it coming guys/gals - if there is anything else that you feel needs attention on this new expression of ICMAG - constructive criticism is always welcome - 'cos you can't fix something - unless you know that its broken in the first place - the webmaster and co have been very pro-active these last days - getting the site more user friendly - and slowly it is coming together - thanks for all of your feedback -

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I know this is teething problems but I've had it. I had a couple of weeks away and I'm off for another few. I hope this gets sorted but I haven't seen any improvement in the last couple of days. This is really pissing me off. I come here for the joy of the community, not to battle technology. Don't honestly know if I'll be back posting, apart from popping my head in. Some folks that I enjoyed reading seem to have gone permanently anyway. I had some issues with some of the discussions in the near past as well (speakers corner). Maybe it's time to move on.

Getting constant bad gateway messages (had to x out a few times); unable to simply post a pic in a thread from my gallery, font too tiny even when wearing glasses, the white background is just plain fucked. Miss being able to "like" a post and at the same time make a comment (MyIC where is it?). After a few days playing around I still can't really find stuff. Just doesn't seem user friendly.

Thanks for the memories, and I hope it gets sorted.

Cvh

Supermod
I have found by now all what I need of functionality. I really like the pinging and quoting notification system. It catapults ICMag in the modern era.

FYI, somebody started an instruction manual, maybe if you don't find how things world (ie. pictures), then you might want to check this thread out.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/ic-magaz...ruction-manual

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't find anything, after a week...but still willing to give it a try.
There has to be a manual somewhere, where is it? Does anyone know?
CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts