What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh and I can't see who likes my posts anymore, and I have to see every photo rather then just the ones I choose

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
- it was always going to be a difficult - this transition - but it had to be done - we were running on 15 year old software - that needed upgrading to 2021 - along with so many bolt-on modifications and additions the old site had - that don't migrate so well or at all - to the new format - so we have had to find work-arounds - its been awkward to say the least - and is still in transition - as we improve this new site - to more suit the members and visitors -

All forum sites should be a work in progress that have to change with the times - or they just stagnate - our problem has been not changing enough in the past - so this step has been a great big one - with many more problems than I originally envisaged - but we are working thru them - currently improving the search function amongst many other lose ends -

- for those who have decided to move on - due to these changes - you will be missed - do pop back and see us again - maybe it'll be more to your liking then?
- for those who stick with us - hang on for the ride - it should improve from here on out -

Change is always difficult. We know this. we also know It's worth it. I still reach for my shifter in the truck. Lol

The only advice I offer is to iron out as many priority items as you can before you start adding plugins and modules. That bit me often.

Peace.

zif

Veteran
Sorting is all out of whack. ‘Latest activity’ jumps to the oldest posts, even on threads I’ve read. It’s also disorienting that posts appear at the bottom of the page in that view. They only move into the correct position on reload.

The filter is a nice addition, and one that would make sense to have ‘stick’, or at least have the option to choose a default setting for.

St. Phatty

Wouldn't worry too much.

I just wear sunglasses when I'm visiting the new revision of the website.

vBulletin has been in business for a LONG time.

I don't think they would release a new software revision without having a variety of Colors.

We'll log in some morning and it will be Plaid Day @ ICMag.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see the "last page" button on some pages. Just have to click next a bunch of times.
when I goto "my subscriptions" I'm seeing visitor messages posted to other people.
Still can't upload pics.
I guess I'm going to have to do a link to a photo storage sight.
Was does everyone use?
Imgur?

I have messages to others as well - messed up - maybe there is a higher grade software to move ICmag into 2021

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Wouldn't worry too much.

I just wear sunglasses when I'm visiting the new revision of the website.

vBulletin has been in business for a LONG time.

I don't think they would release a new software revision without having a variety of Colors.

We'll log in some morning and it will be Plaid Day @ ICMag.

If folks are having trouble with the colors check out Dark Reader extension for Chrome and FireFox. I use it all the time because bright screens day in and out give me migranes, it gives you more a lot more control over colors and contrast. This is what my ICmag looks like:

Thanks this extension is now essential ^^ highly recommend!

But many bugs or vice versa errors to clean up, good courage and thanks to the IC team! let's roll a nice for you all cheers!

Perso i can not upload anymore photo wow i'm sad, should i suscribe or something???

...CR500AF...

1 The old home page was so much nicer looking this looks just like all the others.

2 Go to the last page sure would be nice.

3 To be able to see new posts.

Thx for hard work im sure its preety ugly for you guys right now.😀

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I miss being able to click on a thread and automatically going to the last page. I know it's always like this after an update so it's bound to get better eventually but I really hope the site didn't just lose most of it's posters. I've seen that happen too.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
... save changes in user settings, don't save, nor should I/we have to reset the "filter" settings we have/had previously set over default. e.g I want to see today's posts, not "all" (default)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
If I click on my username and then my recent posts it takes me to some posts, BUT the very last few posts I made aren't on there.

I've seen some new feature I like, such as the tagging, being notified of being mentioned, body of the message being saved if not posted.
But the most important things aren't working properly.

My recent posts not working.
My subscribed posts isn't working. And it shows me messages to other members

It took me forever to work up enough courage to even post a picture, then took twice as long to learn how to post it. Now it starts all over?

If I use an imaging storage site, where do Itype the address of the image I'm trying to put in my post?

Where can I find the page of my reputation? How do I know to thank someone for giving me a rep bomb?

The drop down windows need to go. The stuff is spread out over too many dropdowns in too many different places. Bring back the buttons with all the common features that we all used.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ok so I just uploaded a pic to a third part image storage site. Then I try to post using the "Upload from Url" button. Still the same error message. My usergroup has exceeded by x amount of MB.

Brother Nature

My two most used features for browsing are either gone or hidden:

My posts

I used these to see where on the forums activity is happening. Way better than sifting through each forum individually. Has anyone found these features?

The little green down arrow, just before the name of the thread, click on that and it takes you to the latest post in the thread.

The my posts is done by clicking your name on the top right-hand corner, then selecting 'my recent posts'. You'll have to re-select latest update as the 'sort-by' method as even if slected by default it doesn't actually show the latest posts.

On the main homepage, you can select 'latest activity' to see the latest posts. Not as easy to get around as the old site, but we'll eventually get there.

bibi40

Finally i can be,use to this ,
when the pics thing wil be fixed and less bright in the screen ,
will be nice

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I appreciate the effort of working out the kinks after the upgrade. Every time I log back in I see improvement. Worst issue I have is the picture uploading and I will try that again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts