What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hosting a VT Cannabis Cup/Gene Trading Events

Sunshineinabag

Well I share and have had no problems ...luckily one friend grows here in summer...the Guatamala in winter .....things have gone well ...I mean for fuks sakes nowadays go to a farmers market with some seeds ..

You'd be surprised shit even the right dog groups have great stoners farmers......that being said it's been my experience the best aren't braggart's....and don't step on others to be heard

Well I'm no karl to the game, but havent seen much in VT besides heady events which was mostly cbd oriented, would like see much thc :biggrin:

yardgrazer

I don't suppose you checked out any of the Heady Vermont events they've held in SEVT? I know they always advertised they'd feature a genetics swap, but I always figured it wasn't much of a muchness (and yes, largely focused on CBD farms).

I don't suppose you checked out any of the Heady Vermont events they've held in SEVT? I know they always advertised they'd feature a genetics swap, but I always figured it wasn't much of a muchness (and yes, largely focused on CBD farms).

I've gone to almost all the heady events over the years, I didnt see much on the genetics swapping side, there were a few out of state companies at the last event i went to in Essex and thats about it. I sold my genetics at the first few events but didnt see much of a crowd of cultivators there, mostly cbd farmers selling products.

Heady Vermont is shut down atm, and far as i know all future events are cancelled.

yardgrazer

Huh, somehow I totally missed that Heady shut down... shows how much attention I've been paying. I definitely noticed the CBD focus when I perused their site last year or whenever it was that I last looked. I was always skeptical about their supposed genetic swaps, sounds like I was right to be.

Seems like things will continue to be on the extreme downlow for the time being.

Huh, somehow I totally missed that Heady shut down... shows how much attention I've been paying. I definitely noticed the CBD focus when I perused their site last year or whenever it was that I last looked. I was always skeptical about their supposed genetic swaps, sounds like I was right to be.

Seems like things will continue to be on the extreme downlow for the time being.

I have no clue whats going on ether, from what I gather there was alot of public lash back over supporting the new retail bill because it prioritizes women and minorities...
the owner of the Heady said she was burnt out from all the stress lately, and that their hoping some new business fills the void... whatever that means

I take it as a sign that corporate interests are starting to get involved.. I have been watching cautiously, big corporations are already trying to dominate MA.. hoping we don't see another monopoly like whats going on with the VT dispensaries now.

yardgrazer

I'm not expecting great things from the Vermont CCC. If they were to try to stick to the planned start date for retail sales they're going to have to crib regulations from another state, and likely without really spending the time to create a model specific to Vermont (I presume most people would like to see a system that allows for small producers given the state's farming history). Also the salaries for the board are really high IMHO, $80k+/100k-ish for the 2 board members/1 chair. And then they hire a commissioner. Big bureaucracy from the get-go to make use of that sweet sweet tax revenue. Big bureaucracy means high fees, which means corporate domination. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong.

yardgrazer

PS: It's a crazy pipe dream, but if we do end up going that route I'd like to see more people growing... need to start educating people on how to grow/providing clones or seeds. Overgrowing starts at home.

ion

Soooo many badass craft growers here in VT, the legal dogs will do their thing, the grey mrkt will dominate from the wings. all the dispensaries are owned by canadian corp, they will have no size limits and a 10yr headstart on the retail side.......almost as if they are creating the legal retail to fail on purpose. which is fine, stick your corporate in your bum.