First Republic, anyone know anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Republic, anyone know anything?

Anybody know anything about or tried any of the gear from First Republic seeds? They say they're VT based.

I just checked them out - I think they are kind of "Pricey" as they want between $100 - $200 for each strain (which is out of my price range)... I already have thousands of Vermont grown Dutch Passion #1 seeds in my refrigerator & I just did a seed crop this year. Yesterday I finished picking all my plants which included a couple seed plants (from a former vendor here at Icmag).... I wish Vermont had more events where people could "trade" their genetics - whether it be seeds or clones or seedlings...

Comment

It seemed overpriced to me as well, but what do I know?

Comment

Ha! Ha!... Well at least it's a first step (a Vermont Seed Vendor)...

Comment

Both coasts are expensive! Neptune, First Republic.....and others. Hoping it takes off!
          ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
          "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
          We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
          sigpic

Comment

Neptune's prices seem somewhat more reasonable? Admittedly it's hard to tell what's worth what price, kinda all based on what a person is willing to pay. That and damn do they have 8 gazillions seed cos.

Comment

Originally posted by yardgrazer View Post
              Neptune's prices seem somewhat more reasonable? Admittedly it's hard to tell what's worth what price, kinda all based on what a person is willing to pay. That and damn do they have 8 gazillions seed cos.
              good selection, neptune n sapphire. no vat to be paid. a tad expenzive. bought some on sale @ neptune.

Comment

^^^^^
                That's called great marketing strategy, multiple sites. Not sure if franchised, but having numerous companies under one umbrella....it's excellent marketing!

Seeing how you don't have to pay Europe's tax when ordering, it all comes out in the wash. Neptune and from what I could see, First Republic seed vendor....good selections. Just wait until there's a sale, then buy!!

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

sigpic

Comment

It seemed overpriced to me as well, but what do I know?
                  One striking thing that's missing on First Republic- there's absolutely NO info on strains or bean count per package! In order to be prosperous you need to know 1. Strain info (even though pics can be alluring) and 2. Price....if it's $150 for 14 seeds, then maybe doable.

They still have a learning curve to navigate.

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

They do seem to give some basic lineage info on their own website, but still, no info about seedcount. Didn't intend to be as down on them as I was, it is cool to have a VT seedbank, maybe was secretly hoping they'd have something special about them to distinguish themselves from everyone else out there - like crossing some long cultivated local cultivars to modern fashionable stuff, or improving on old local cultivars. Maybe the VT beer and cheese scenes have just invaded my brain and raised expectations.

Comment

They do seem to give some basic lineage info on their own website, but still, no info about seedcount. Didn't intend to be as down on them as I was, it is cool to have a VT seedbank, maybe was secretly hoping they'd have something special about them to distinguish themselves from everyone else out there - like crossing some long cultivated local cultivars to modern fashionable stuff, or improving on old local cultivars. Maybe the VT beer and cheese scenes have just invaded my brain and raised expectations.
                      Well if it takes a decade or two to breed a line, why would anyone get excited about this new bagseed crap they call strains?

Ignorance is actively ruining reality. People want Dicklover Cookies crossed with Carpet Munch Kush two months after both made u derivative bagseed bag appeal clones hit Instagram. This is insanity. These joke seed companies are all a scam. Unless they've been working stuff from 20 years ago for 20 years, they are a SCAM.

Enjoy your worse-than-reggie, Neo reggie random bagseed garbage. Making fake breeders rich but selling bagseed worse than your get out of any random lb.
                      For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave."

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsif View Post
                        Well if it takes a decade or two to breed a line, why would anyone get excited about this new bagseed crap they call strains?

Ignorance is actively ruining reality. People want Dicklover Cookies crossed with Carpet Munch Kush two months after both made u derivative bagseed bag appeal clones hit Instagram. This is insanity. These joke seed companies are all a scam. Unless they've been working stuff from 20 years ago for 20 years, they are a SCAM.

Enjoy your worse-than-reggie, Neo reggie random bagseed garbage. Making fake breeders rich but selling bagseed worse than your get out of any random lb.
                        Yikes!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Seeing how you don't have to pay Europe's tax when ordering, it all comes out in the wash. Neptune and from what I could see, First Republic seed vendor....good selections. Just wait until there's a sale, then buy!
                          What is the Europe tax?.....unless you live in Europe, you don't pay the VAT.

Comment

I presume there's an immense bubble right now, with demand from recreational and medical states, apparently involving plenty of people willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a pack of beans. I'll be curious to see what happens to the seed market and prices should there be federal-level legalization.

Comment

we got a seedbank its called the abenaki tribes misfits lmao! we used to hand them out to one another at events like waterbury flea market or the fair, chit even at the farmers market in burlington at the new location on pine street i gave away 400 open pollination p2 from MANY MOONS AGO! theres a federally protected wetland (the beltline swamp) where my family grew for 40 years! The problem on a local/personal level is trusting folks to stay consitent and friendly at times. I had a blueberry skunk top shelf cultivar that when i got hemmed up for a dwi went to a crack dealer from utica NY, I hate cocaine and how many good people have become zombies to it. then i most recently had a lady tell me she has to be careful who she does buis with here because theres folks from NYC....representing def jam? buying all the edibles....repackaging them and selling them in NYC for an inflated prices. I have 6 diff cultivars ive tried to play with but the last 15 yrs in chittenden, franklin,addison counties have seen a huge influx of "new arrivals" who in some cases are devoid of moral compasses or commen sense so im SUPER CAREFUl who i share with, an d housing, space, privacy shit even keeping your mailbnoxes from being tagged by some clowns initials..is proving problematic at best one idiot tried telling me the spraypainting of initals on someones personal prop is art....i said art tnat can get u shot at yeah!

I am all for sharing and caring....i just need to know im dealing with folks cut from the same cloth. imho

Comment

Working...
                              X