What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis-related VT News Stories

yardgrazer

Not going to post a direct link, but there's a story on the VT digger website about a VT CBD hemp farm that just got a seven million dollar investment to expand operations. Pretty awesome shot of one of their fields from the sky.

yardgrazer

And, another story on the Vermont digger site, this time about former employees alleging there were serious mold issues at cultivation operations of one of the medical dispensaries in the Champlain Valley. Most of the story was about the lack of independent lab testing of medical marijuana in VT.

Think they made a bit of an error though, article states the operation added humidifiers when I think it's clear they meant dehumidifiers. Not really sure how someone missed that.

radioman

Wow! If They are growing/selling moldy pot to patients - Then They don't know what They are doing & shouldn't be in the business of supplying patients with cannabis products... I just read the story & it seems I recall reading on "Heady Vermont's Facebook" about problems at that dispensary - nothing official, just former patients complaining...

radioman

I saw in the Rutland Herald this week - The Medical Dispensary in Brandon is booming & they are expanding to meet the needs of their patients (Especially in Chittenden County). The article stated they have increased production and have hired new workers in the process...

ion

yar, i concur.....ive sampled vt meds and felt bad for patients. then i tried NH meds and it was less impressive than vt.

gossip and heresay, but ive not heard too much positive talk around the roots of vt medical, particuarly the one/ones involved in the beginning few years back...

and how about that headyVT website eh? the information on there is ALMOST as good as leafly!! sarc/off

next week im to be driving thru northampton, might stop and purchase some professional grade canna flower at the disp, i think the litmus test will be first viewing the menu.......prolly be lotsa glues, cookies and 'kush', but i am excited to try OPW....'specially professionally cultivated commercial........ya think all mass disp should shelf as policy mass super skunk? wouldnt that rock

Shalako

yar, i concur.....ive sampled vt meds and felt bad for patients. then i tried NH meds and it was less impressive than vt.

gossip and heresay, but ive not heard too much positive talk around the roots of vt medical, particuarly the one/ones involved in the beginning few years back...

and how about that headyVT website eh? the information on there is ALMOST as good as leafly!! sarc/off

next week im to be driving thru northampton, might stop and purchase some professional grade canna flower at the disp, i think the litmus test will be first viewing the menu.......prolly be lotsa glues, cookies and 'kush', but i am excited to try OPW....'specially professionally cultivated commercial........ya think all mass disp should shelf as policy mass super skunk? wouldnt that rock

If you can find some Mimosa, don't hesitate. :tiphat: https://www.instagram.com/symbioticgenetics/p/BlZcxIUHFT9/

Last edited:

yardgrazer

I've been down, didn't care for their GG4, did like the Masterkush pretty well. Do yourself a favor and use the order ahead function if you can figure out what you want from their website (separate line which moves quickly). Keep in mind they're still limiting people to 1/8 of flower, and the grams I picked up (of the above mentioned) weren't very impressive.

yardgrazer

Saw a report that the state senate is proposing a 10% tax on retail sales (with the potential for an additional 1% local option tax), but the governor wants a higher tax rate, so it sounds unlikely the senate version will come to be law.

ion

ah yes, taxxxes........legalize, free the weed!!!!

yes, free it to the vile vacuous manipulations of commercialio-socio american "markets"

and taxxxes

Sunshineinabag

I was there when Shane Lynn got his approval to start up the dispensary in Burlington ....now bear in mind guys I grew in the rainbow family in the northeast kingdom....going to crafsbury fiddlers contests and tumbridge worlds fair were the BEST for top shelf cultivars in VT, now things have changed soooo much it makes my head spin at times. I know for a fact the quality at the disp DOES NOT MEET THE PRICES ASKED. I think competition in this field is what's needed. Honestly I got really mad when I told one of the consultation folks...my popcorn flowers on my last harvest were more potent then what u just charged me 70 for.......it's depressing to not get good quality for hard earned money. I only grow my own now. Oldschool heads like me have seen lots and lots of change. I kinda miss massive amounts of Lebanese hash floating through our area! Man oh man think of all the hard narcotics that get sent between Montreal Boston and NYC.......too bad it wasn't just high end genetics and cultivars instead! Money can ruin folks moral compasses in my experience. I'd like to get a collective in Franklin / chittenden county going where those of us who have loved the varietal of cannabis for 10+years can get togehter, talk, share, learn etc etc etc......id love to do this! Def avoid guys who own skate shops in Burlington lmao who sell to minors!

ion

anybody attend the HEADIESSSS cup stuff? woulda been a hoot to enter but i aint dropping 14g for that. maybe next time.....c is there anything the least bit interesting about headyvermont? the cultrual/social bandwagon crap orbiting the legalisation is gonna make me vomit in my mouth

Sunshineinabag

Eli Harrington oh yeah! I tried to let them bend my ear.....then I thought about wash at was being said and I vomited ....funny how we had similar responses!

yardgrazer

Could be fun? Could be annoying.

A bit unclear to me what the legal status is on selling seeds in Vermont. From what I've seen of the legalization law, they're covered in the same way bud is, and therefore selling them (or gifting along with a sale of something else) is still illegal.

On the other hand, I could equally see that people might manage to get away with it as long as they're sold as "novelty items" and more importantly, that cops and prosecutors may have little interest in going after seeds as long as it's reasonably on the DL.

Burlington's a bit far for me.

Muleskinner

Veteran
>> they're covered in the same way bud is

are you sure about that? Check the "Definition" section of the law - most cannabis laws define "Marijuana' as the parts of the plant having more than .3% THC - cannabis seeds do not have THC in them - they are legally considered hemp which is now 100% legal.

Here in Mass. regulators have come right out and said they're not interested in trying to enforce a ban on seed sales, it's virtually 100% legal. There's no need to register as a cannabis business if you're only selling seeds and there has been not been a single case of legal action against someone for selling seeds in this state.

*Edit - OK, I looked it up. The legalization law that passed defined marijuana as "any part of the cannabis sativa plant"....

https://legislature.vermont.gov/Documents/2018/Docs/ACTS/ACT086/ACT086 As Enacted.pdf

HOWEVER, the law also states that anything defined as hemp is NOT marijuana - if you check the Hemp section of the law, it says this:

https://legislature.vermont.gov/statutes/section/06/034/00562

(3) "Hemp" or "industrial hemp" means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of the plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.

Therefore the seeds we know and love are considered hemp, not marijuana, in Vermont.

yardgrazer

Sounds good to me.

My seed collection has dwindled to a sad degree (and the most interesting seeds I have are really old). Wouldn't mind restocking - though to some degree it feels like tattoos to me, not wanting to get just anything.

ion

i have seeds love to gift or trade.......not trade for other seeds, but whatever; food/firewood

i also have a mother of Ace purple haze/thai, i think its a variation from oldtimers haze. she needs to go, i dont want to chop her, i dont have anyone in my rolodex that is.....skilled enough to let her go to. fantastic grow and smoke.

i had an altercation possibly involving the great dept of children and families here in greenneck heaven.....a real spincter-puckerer. then was told by a couple people who have some salt in what they say that dcf doesnt act on any cannabis cases in vt....anybodyhave experience in this area?

im central eastern townships, close to 91.....ill be on/off here for the day, dont mind driving a bit.....

and if ya got this far, also up for either gift or chop is a grail-cailber cross of dinafem super silver with some local genetics and northern lights in there, maybe others...

give a shout, let me know

radioman

I just saw on the Heady Vermont website - Pete's Greens got duped into growing real Cannabis Plants instead of Hemp last year. It seems as though the Champlain Valley Dispensary gave them a couple hundred plants to grow in one of their greenhouses and one of CVD's former employees ratted them out after harvesting the plants...