What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PA Sb350

Dizzygetzbizzy

PASb350 is a Senate Bill proposing adult use cannabis in the commonwealth. Unfortunately here it seems far off. It's a beautiful piece of legislation if it gets moving, but it's been in the same committee since the day it was introduced.

Lately I'm starting to wonder how to get in touch with other patients and Bros out here. The situation sucks, it's expensive it's big money and it's boo boo buds. I feel like there's a better way coming, but that's really idealistic. So being the guy I am IDK, I'm bored out here I'm pissed on the lack of legal rights here and I'm trying to find a way into building a growers coalition or anything to get passed where we're at.
I've talked to allot of pa politicians, blah blah but it's really for people like me that I'm trying to get my head around this here. So I'm trying to get in touch. PA is fucked and it's still a speak easy state so yeah, it's personally a nightmare calling these fools, and writing emails with my real name attached, and for all that stress it seems ineffective. If I was representing more than my own opinion that would be better, bigger facts, more minds could really help. Also voting out the incumbent asshairs sitting on our tax dollars doing nothing. But that's another thing.
It makes sense to stay in the shadows out here if you're busy. But for the people out here ready to get passed that and build a better future here , I hope seriously to be any part of moving this whole thing ahead. So yeah, this is now banter, but hey if you're out here hmu, hopefully this conversation will get easier to have as we can build up the motion here in pa.

Dizzygetzbizzy

To update this after allot of consideration I'm actually hoping to leave p.a. I recently got hit with probation and it's just not suitable to stay here. Even as a med patient my officer says he'll violate me and I'll be in for the rest of my sentence. All new info as of today. It's a bitch move and it's totally self absorbed. But we live in a time where I can go a few hours this way or that and be free, so to me it's idiotic to stay and try and make this work, especially when my patient rights are totally ignored.

sshz

420giveaway
Moving out of state is often the smartest thing to do.......... I moved a few states over from PA while looking at 3 years on probation and got an early release after 1 1/2 years. Other states don't really want to look after felons from other places, they'd just rather release you and be done with it. I was going to move to VA but they notify employers about the conviction so I ended up moving to MD which was easy peasy. Never even got pissed test for the 1 1/2 years.

Dizzygetzbizzy

Moving out of state is often the smartest thing to do.......... I moved a few states over from PA while looking at 3 years on probation and got an early release after 1 1/2 years. Other states don't really want to look after felons from other places, they'd just rather release you and be done with it. I was going to move to VA but they notify employers about the conviction so I ended up moving to MD which was easy peasy. Never even got pissed test for the 1 1/2 years.

Yeah it's bat shit, this dude the judge all even said o that's nothing to worry about. But hey we've all heard that. I'm free to go after a class so I feel lucky in some ways. It's just getting out/ finding new space. Thanks bro.

Justis

That suck about probation I live in dauphin county an they are totally cool if you have a med card wich I do. There’s only a small handful of counties that won’t honor them

DenverJim

I left the Commonwealth ( communist) 40+ years ago. Leave the state is rotten to the core.
Look at how they squeeze every drop of revenue from the State Liquor Control Board( communist total) When I lived there it was real bad. They will do the same with weed.

Nay Hay

Write your representative, support bill 350

Write your representative, support bill 350

Allow homegrow for safe, cheap herb. It's a bill that democrats widely support, and republicans widely block. As the old, low-information, rural minority dies off enough democrats may get office to make this possible. If your representative is republican, encourage them to look at uber-conservative Oklahoma's reformed cannabis
laws.

K

Kingharvest90

I have several inside sources on the topic. I’m looking at starting a plant nursery if legislation will allow a clause

PASb350 is a Senate Bill proposing adult use cannabis in the commonwealth. Unfortunately here it seems far off. It's a beautiful piece of legislation if it gets moving, but it's been in the same committee since the day it was introduced.

Lately I'm starting to wonder how to get in touch with other patients and Bros out here. The situation sucks, it's expensive it's big money and it's boo boo buds. I feel like there's a better way coming, but that's really idealistic. So being the guy I am IDK, I'm bored out here I'm pissed on the lack of legal rights here and I'm trying to find a way into building a growers coalition or anything to get passed where we're at.
I've talked to allot of pa politicians, blah blah but it's really for people like me that I'm trying to get my head around this here. So I'm trying to get in touch. PA is fucked and it's still a speak easy state so yeah, it's personally a nightmare calling these fools, and writing emails with my real name attached, and for all that stress it seems ineffective. If I was representing more than my own opinion that would be better, bigger facts, more minds could really help. Also voting out the incumbent asshairs sitting on our tax dollars doing nothing. But that's another thing.
It makes sense to stay in the shadows out here if you're busy. But for the people out here ready to get passed that and build a better future here , I hope seriously to be any part of moving this whole thing ahead. So yeah, this is now banter, but hey if you're out here hmu, hopefully this conversation will get easier to have as we can build up the motion here in pa.

I have the feeling they will legalize it recreationally sooner than later. It may not happen within the next year, but within the next two years I'm thinking that PA should have it fully legalized. Virtually every state around PA is doing it, so eventually they won't have much of a choice or they'll be overwhelmed with court cases for criminal Cannabis related charges from neighboring states having it freely and widely available. They would be foolish to not legalize it recreationally a this point. They are losing millions in tax dollars by not legalizing and taxing it, and by keeping people in jail, on probation and other programs due to Cannabis related charges.